The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

T_R
Don Furner

My post made the front page of Reddit

Post by T_R »

I am the hippest person here now.

Respect me.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
jedski
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: The Veloci-Rapana

Re: My post made the front page of Reddit

Post by jedski »

pics or STFU :P
* INSERT SIGNATURE HERE *
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

what's a reddit?

You were always the hippest person here. You AND Nickman. Then he went all commercial, and is now I'm like "later" Nickman :thumbsdown
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I will never reveal my REDDIT username.

But it gets better. Someone ripped my post off and used it on 4chan.

I've won hip on the internet.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

4chan? Now you're making stuff up.

wait, wait, that's a chinese guy right?
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Must be terrible to get old, Dubs :(

jedski
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: The Veloci-Rapana

Post by jedski »

dubby wrote:what's a reddit?
it's the mating call of a dyslexic frog, duh!
* INSERT SIGNATURE HERE *
Shezza
Laurie Daley

Post by Shezza »

Was yours the one about your girlfriend living by a railroad TR?
2013 'Nella Awards - MVP
2013 'Nella Awards - Spite Day Winner
2013 'Nella Awards - Worst System (The Club)
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Shezza wrote:Was yours the one about your girlfriend living by a railroad TR?
That would annoy my wife.

I'll never tell, never!

Shezza
Laurie Daley

Post by Shezza »

Yeah makes sense. Your wife wouldn't like the noise so you would have paid for it to be relocated out of petty cash right?
2013 'Nella Awards - MVP
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

T_R wrote:Must be terrible to get old, Dubs :(
Shut up Mr Pineapple Bowl :x

Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

I'll make it my mission to crack work out TR's reddit username.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Just check out my Gone Wild pics.

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Pics or it didn't happen
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

T_R wrote:Just check out my Gone Wild pics.
Dr Zaius wrote:Pics or it didn't happen
Yeah I'd prefer he didn't..
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

Just had a look at this Reddit

Im not sure Id be telling anyone that I use reddit. Some wacky **** going on there
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Reddit > GH
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Hence why TR, schifty and I assume albi and GEM post on it

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Schifty wrote:Reddit > GH
:/
Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Post by Professor »

Reddit user believes Homer Simpson has been in a coma for 22 years and that the majority of episodes have been based on his imagination whilst being in said coma:

http://mobile.news.com.au/entertainment ... 7218449369
Shezza
Laurie Daley

Post by Shezza »

Absolutely ridiculous. As the comments note, there are too many popular culture references post the supposed coma.
2013 'Nella Awards - MVP
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

So still now word on what T_R's reddit name is.

That's the biggest mystery here.

I guess I just need to join the Kit Kat subreddit to find him.
Archer
David Furner
Favourite Player: Boxhead

Post by Archer »

Can you give us a clue TR, what subreddit did it come from? TIL, TIFU, Funny, AMA? Showerthoughts!?!
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

GW. I've been working out.

Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

/GWKobe?
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

R/ladyboners

Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

R/boredatwork