Post by Dr Zaius »

Look what I found!
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Re: Whatever happened to...

Post by Begbie »

86 invader wrote:
DJ89 wrote:Muncheros! I swear everyone I ask about these said they never existed. I thought I had imagined them and even did a google search, but typed Muncenmacheros, which was how the ad was sung from memory.

Monaco bars were sweet too, basically a maxibon now?
Yeh Maxibon is the T1000 of Monaco Bars... Used to love Monaco Bars... It always irked me when I couldn't remember what they were called and people kept trying to tell me that I was thinking of Eskimo Pies...
Our family used to buy these blocks of ice cream, about 15cm by 10cm each individually wrapped in wax paper. You would get one and slap it in between two wafers of the same size to make an ice cream sandwich. We thought it was the best invention ever.
86 invader
David Grant

Post by 86 invader »

Begbie wrote:
86 invader wrote:
DJ89 wrote:Muncheros! I swear everyone I ask about these said they never existed. I thought I had imagined them and even did a google search, but typed Muncenmacheros, which was how the ad was sung from memory.

Yeh Maxibon is the T1000 of Monaco Bars... Used to love Monaco Bars... It always irked me when I couldn't remember what they were called and people kept trying to tell me that I was thinking of Eskimo Pies...
Our family used to buy these blocks of ice cream, about 15cm by 10cm each individually wrapped in wax paper. You would get one and slap it in between two wafers of the same size to make an ice cream sandwich. We thought it was the best invention ever.
Sensational!
86 invader
David Grant

Post by 86 invader »

I remember the first time my friend gave me a (sour) warhead... What I thought was a nice gesture turned out to be a heinous experience...
DJ89
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by DJ89 »

Manbush wrote:
Manchild wrote:
Shezza wrote:Albi?
Whatever happened to Albi?
Last I saw of him he was defending McCrone on the Raiders facebook page a month or two back.
Time to dig up Rod's backyard?
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

86 invader wrote:I remember the first time my friend gave me a (sour) warhead... What I thought was a nice gesture turned out to be a heinous experience...
Thats right, those bloody warheads. They used to have really hot ones as well didnt they? If memory serves, you would buy a pack and one in every five or so would be really sour or hot. It was a bit like playing russian roulette with lollies.
DJ89
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by DJ89 »

Begbie wrote:Id rather much on muncheros, munch on muncheros! Id rather munch on mon-cher-ohs...

(Sung in the tune of a colonial mexican folk song)
Precisely!
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

DJ89 wrote:
Manbush wrote:
Manchild wrote:
Shezza wrote:Albi?
Whatever happened to Albi?
Last I saw of him he was defending McCrone on the Raiders facebook page a month or two back.
Time to dig up Rod's backyard?
:lol:
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

86 invader wrote:I remember the first time my friend gave me a (sour) warhead... What I thought was a nice gesture turned out to be a heinous experience...
I gave a sour one to my pop who didn't bat an eye. I then gave him a hot one and he went nuts. I laughed my head off.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Begbie wrote:
86 invader wrote:

I remember those.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

Pretty sure they still have those ice cream blocks.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

greeneyed wrote:
Begbie wrote:
86 invader wrote:

I remember those.
They still exists.

and are still yummy
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

Dr Zaius wrote:Image
Yes! Can you buy these things on eBay?

Hey doc, I have a medical question. My wife has recently been ill and went to the clinic. The doctor gave her a medical certificate for three days. The clinic rang us up to inform us that her work rang the clinic to enquire about her medical condition (without our consent)? My wife went back to work yesterday and they want her sign her this form that gives Coles the right to access her medical history. The doctor rang us and told us to tell them to get faaarked! A medical certificate should be enough?
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

I would have thought so. I never write what the problem is on a medical certificate.
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

I thought so. Cheers.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Im after a sit down arcade style machine with galaga and pheonix loaded on it, if anyone has got one lying around? I never got to beat Damos top score as I discovered girls, well magazines really, and am now going through a midlife crisis and re aquainted myself with the former love of my life on fitzroy islandl
This place is woke.
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

1942. That game where you bomb Japan. Table top gaming at its best.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Yep that was on it to, absolutely brilliant my young bloke was amzed at my mad skillz, and he considerds himself mad gamer, i said son you have to have real talent to play these. I BRAINED HIM ABSOLUTELY BRAINED HIM , and more to his amazement was this is af4er throwing down a 6 pack at dinner and 5 empties onthe tablenwhilst playing... mmmmm blue sky pilsner the taste of the far north
This place is woke.
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

Question wrote:Yep that was on it to, absolutely brilliant my young bloke was amzed at my mad skillz, and he considerds himself mad gamer, i said son you have to have real talent to play these. I BRAINED HIM ABSOLUTELY BRAINED HIM , and more to his amazement was this is af4er throwing down a 6 pack at dinner and 5 empties onthe tablenwhilst playing... mmmmm blue sky pilsner the taste of the far north
I said the same to my old man, but he just laughed at me and chucked back another stubby. But to his credit he game me enough coins to keep on playing 1942.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Question wrote:Yep that was on it to, absolutely brilliant my young bloke was amzed at my mad skillz, and he considerds himself mad gamer, i said son you have to have real talent to play these. I BRAINED HIM ABSOLUTELY BRAINED HIM , and more to his amazement was this is af4er throwing down a 6 pack at dinner and 5 empties onthe tablenwhilst playing... mmmmm blue sky pilsner the taste of the far north
I always said you were a can short of a 6 pack, Q.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Definitely mate it keeps me sane.
This place is woke.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Begbie wrote:1942. That game where you bomb Japan. Table top gaming at its best.
I'm not sure that's historically accurate

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

T_R wrote:
Begbie wrote:1942. That game where you bomb Japan. Table top gaming at its best.
I'm not sure that's historically accurate
It's,pretty accurate mate, you bomb the **** out of Japan. It was actually upgraded and called 1945
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

At the end of the game you drop about million bombs on Tokyo. Check it out.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

It was the other way round in 1942.

1945, on the other hand, seems about right.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Dolittle bombed Japan in 1942 I think.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

green94 wrote:Apparently you will not see the word "chicken" in any KFC advertising. I've havent taken much notice but the franchise was always known as Kentucky Fried Chicken but know known as KFC. Also on their instore menus and junk mail the word chicken has disappeared.
Hence 3 piece box etc.
That's just complete ****ing bull**** perpetuated by idiots on Facebook who blindly share rubbish. Have a look at any KFC menu or even their website, and "chicken" is one of the first words you see!!

http://kfc.com.au/
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

The Nickman wrote:
green94 wrote:Apparently you will not see the word "chicken" in any KFC advertising. I've havent taken much notice but the franchise was always known as Kentucky Fried Chicken but know known as KFC. Also on their instore menus and junk mail the word chicken has disappeared.
Hence 3 piece box etc.
That's just complete ****ing bull**** perpetuated by idiots on Facebook who blindly share rubbish. Have a look at any KFC menu or even their website, and "chicken" is one of the first words you see!!

:lol: fire up!

I heard the nuggets were made of dog meat, which is why they say nuggets and not chicken nuggets. True story!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Begbie wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
Hence 3 piece box etc.

:lol: fire up!

I heard the nuggets were made of dog meat, which is why they say nuggets and not chicken nuggets. True story!
Except for HERE, of course, where they say they're made from chicken.

http://kfc.com.au/menu/chicken/kentucky ... -6-pieces/
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

It was a joke! A Christmas joke!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I'm angry, Begs. Christmas angry.

I just hate people who share rubbish on Facebook without even doing the quickest five second Google check it takes to disprove it as total rubbish. And then idiots post on it saying "Oh, that's awful" and "What is the world coming to?" and it just makes me want to punch kittens.
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

On social media everybody is an expert.
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

How awful. KFC doesn't even mention the word chicken anymore.
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

Toviii wrote:On social media everybody is an expert.
Yeah it is so frustrating. I really am an expert on most things and it really annoys me how people think they are as smart as me. Especially on thegh.