Australia Post

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

tubs
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Milford

Australia Post

Post by tubs »

Anyone else notice in their suburbs and driving around that posties are now on push bikes instead of motorbikes?

Wow talk about cost cutting, I found it very weird on the start and thought it was just a one off but now I am seeing it all over canberra.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Re: Australian Post

Post by The Nickman »

Why don't you just keep creating more threads, billyt?? Someone might actually give a ****.
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

I think we've had enough now, can someone call security.
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

:lol: ****

This is what happens on school holidays
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: Australia Post

Post by Botman »

Isnt there some kind of daycare centre your parents can put you in to keep you occupied?
There has GOT to be a sand pit somewhere
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Go you chicken fat go.
This place is woke.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Pigman wrote:Isnt there some kind of daycare centre your parents can put you in to keep you occupied?
There has GOT to be a sand pit somewhere
Daddy hasnt bought the sand yet.

billyt I bought an ice-cream today even though it was very cold. Grateful your thoughts?
Shoving it in your face since 2017
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

The postie in my suburb rides a motorcycle.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Mine is a contractor in a hiace
Edrick The Entertainer
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Australia post pisses me off.. Some bloke is contracted to do parcel delivery and all he does is drive around in a van and card drop..

What the **** is the point of having a van
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Some parcels need to be signed when delivered.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Yeah I know.. But most of mine don't
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Are you home when they drop off?

My mate is a postie. Some of the stories he tells me are bloody hilarious. He showed me a video he took of a magpie chasing him down the road, bombing the hell out of him. It was clearly a mentally deranged magpie, this thing had one clear motive; destroy the postman! My mate was on his postie bike and the maggie was keeping up!
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

While we're talking about the Post, I hate how they get you to sign on those little electronic pads. My handwriting always ends up looking like I'm 5.
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

ya gotta love your local postie. imagine life without them.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

dubby wrote:Are you home when they drop off?

My mate is a postie. Some of the stories he tells me are bloody hilarious. He showed me a video he took of a magpie chasing him down the road, bombing the hell out of him. It was clearly a mentally deranged magpie, this thing had one clear motive; destroy the postman! My mate was on his postie bike and the maggie was keeping up!
Usually.. I will see him drop from my window

I dunno if it's because we live in a complex it not, but it's still a pain
Shezza
Laurie Daley

Post by Shezza »

I hate the postie. Prick drives his bike down the same groove every day and ruins my front grass.
2013 'Nella Awards - MVP
2013 'Nella Awards - Spite Day Winner
2013 'Nella Awards - Worst System (The Club)
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Billyt

Post by Raider Bell »

Put a few green painted boulders there.
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"
Shezza
Laurie Daley

Post by Shezza »

Perhaps string some fishing line up
2013 'Nella Awards - MVP
2013 'Nella Awards - Spite Day Winner
2013 'Nella Awards - Worst System (The Club)
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher

Post by Raider Bell »

Now we're talking. Teach him to deliver the mail in an efficient and effective method.
Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Post by Professor »

Sounds as if, from the route he takes to get to the door / mail box, that he's already found the most efficient and effective manner - this will be jeopardised should he have to go the long way now :lol:
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher

Post by Raider Bell »

I should have said "That'll teach him to deliver blah blah blah"
Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Post by Professor »

Haha, I new where you were going - I was just being a jerk
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Yeah I hate Australia Post. I bought the other half an xmas gift last year, and to avoid her seeing it, decided to get it delivered to work. I left an instruction saying that they would need to call me from the lobby phone and I'll come down to get it.

A few days later, one of my colleagues came to me with a calling card for the parcel. The scrunchness and footprints all over it implied that it was just laying on the ground. I got no call. I ran up to the post office to pick it up, only to be told that I had to wait until after 4.

Annoyed, I went back and complained via their site. Their "Customer Service Expert's" solution? "Well, maybe next time you should have your parcels delivered to your house."

I went back after 4, and had a vent to the lady behind the counter, who only said "Meh, contractors. What can you do?"

Isnt that the biggest cop out of an excuse? If you went to a restaurant, and the waiter brought out a dump on a plate, served with a garnish of rocket and responded with "Meh, temps, what can you do?" You wouldn't cop it.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

Person behind the counter was probably a contractor as well.
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

I like the chick that delivers my parcels. I'm always home to greet her beeps.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

The other day I got a brochure from Australia Post promoting a new service. Apparently you can get all you mail online now. You pay a small membership fee to have someone scan your mail and send it to an online mailbox where you can view it.

So for a fee, they will send you your mail electronically... Electronic mail... Email... They're charging you to use email...
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Or you can just get your mail bills delivered via email or bpay view.. Everything else can be a surprise
jedski
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: The Veloci-Rapana

Post by jedski »

In my previous unit complex, the parcel contractor knew that I left home at a particular time of morning, he would make sure that he rang my door buzzer early enough that I could grab them straight away. When he was replaced, I started finding cards in my mailbox first thing in the morning, when I queried this with the post office I was told that it was because I wasn't home. When I told them that I had been home and that he was just being lazy, I was told that he had a lot of parcels to deliver, obviously he didn't have time to ring the buzzer of every unit that was due to receive a parcel, and that this would be how it would be from now on. I suggested hiring more deliverymen, I got an eye-roll in response.

I now get all my parcels delivered to work and carry them home myself. In the rare event that I'm buying something too heavy to carry home on the train, I get it delivered to my wife's work and she brings it home in the car. Saves me having to take time off every week or two to collect parcels from the post office (which only operates 9-5)
* INSERT SIGNATURE HERE *
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Bipolar Bear wrote:

In my previous unit complex, the parcel contractor knew that I left home at a particular time of morning, he would make sure that he rang my door buzzer early enough that I could grab them straight away. When he was replaced, I started finding cards in my mailbox first thing in the morning, when I queried this with the post office I was told that it was because I wasn't home. When I told them that I had been home and that he was just being lazy, I was told that he had a lot of parcels to deliver, obviously he didn't have time to ring the buzzer of every unit that was due to receive a parcel, and that this would be how it would be from now on. I suggested hiring more deliverymen, I got an eye-roll in response.

I now get all my parcels delivered to work and carry them home myself. In the rare event that I'm buying something too heavy to carry home on the train, I get it delivered to my wife's work and she brings it home in the car. Saves me having to take time off every week or two to collect parcels from the post office (which only operates 9-5)
I've said a similar thing to them about the Bradchelor pad. I told them instead of the card saying "I tried to deliver a parcel, but you weren't home" it should read "Aint nobody got time for that".

It's true though BPB, the postie has 1 job, and they can't even manage to get that right. At least you can get one of those parcel drop off boxes at some 7-Elevens. Im considering signing up for that

Nickman's love of NSW
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Aus post has their own parcel boxes too, only thing the closest one to me is like a 10 min drive
jedski
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: The Veloci-Rapana

Post by jedski »

they have the parcel boxes near me too, but I refuse to pay for the privilege of collecting packages myself simply because the delivery driver is too bloody lazy to ring by buzzer, or because Aust Post have hired not enough drivers to have enough time to ring every buzzer
* INSERT SIGNATURE HERE *