The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

Manchild
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom

Re: What car do you drive thread?

Post by Manchild »

billyt wrote:You guys destroyed my thread, typical turns in to a "billyt bashing thread"

For all of you guys that dont believe I drive the car add me on fb, since you already all know my name anyways.
I never claim anything I am not or don't have that is the rules in my life. I also don't come on a forum and be a tough guy and put down other forum members with constant punt downs like some of you guys on here.
Hot or Not Thread billyt with a pic of you standing next to your car...That will show em.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Raider 85 wrote:I'm not on Facebook, so I can't. Anyway, I believe all claims you make.

If you need to confirm my claims of having a Ferrari, as I said earlier, simply jump on google images and locate the best one - that is mine.
:lol:
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Billyt

Post by Raider Bell »

billyt you have an F1 as your facebook cover photo, is that yours as well? You only drive it on Sundays, of course.
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"
ForeverMcCrone
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: #Forever McCrone

Post by ForeverMcCrone »

dubby wrote:Image
Lol...
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Manchild wrote:
billyt wrote:You guys destroyed my thread, typical turns in to a "billyt bashing thread"

For all of you guys that dont believe I drive the car add me on fb, since you already all know my name anyways.
I never claim anything I am not or don't have that is the rules in my life. I also don't come on a forum and be a tough guy and put down other forum members with constant punt downs like some of you guys on here.
Hot or Not Thread billyt with a pic of you standing next to your car...That will show em.
Yeah billyt, lets have you on the Hot or Not thread. Make it happen mate.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Rather than creating a new thread I've bumped this one because it is pretty awesome and I'm also interested in some advice from GHers.

We'll be looking for a second hand vehicle in a few months. Not a Clubsport or Ferrari....
My wife has been keen on joining the SUV club and I'm trying to talk her out of it. I'd rather a sensible old man car like a Camry. I think we have reached a compromise on a wagon though - with two children and hopes to do some camping the extra boot space is essential. The options for wagons are pretty dire though. We are realistically left with Hyundai i30, Mazda 6, Ford Mondeo and I think there was a Holden model. Anybody with any experience with any of these? The Hyundai seems the best value for money at this stage. Our budget is going to be about the 15k mark.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
rolhai
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Shaun Fensom

Post by rolhai »

gergreg wrote:Rather than creating a new thread I've bumped this one because it is pretty awesome and I'm also interested in some advice from GHers.

We'll be looking for a second hand vehicle in a few months. Not a Clubsport or Ferrari....
My wife has been keen on joining the SUV club and I'm trying to talk her out of it. I'd rather a sensible old man car like a Camry. I think we have reached a compromise on a wagon though - with two children and hopes to do some camping the extra boot space is essential. The options for wagons are pretty dire though. We are realistically left with Hyundai i30, Mazda 6, Ford Mondeo and I think there was a Holden model. Anybody with any experience with any of these? The Hyundai seems the best value for money at this stage. Our budget is going to be about the 15k mark.
We have an i30cw (extended i30) since new in 2010 and it has been a fantastic little car for us. It gets tight when we go on holidays with our two girls, but nothing too bad.

We have the base, manual version and the only major work we have had to have done is a retooling of the clutch.

They came in either petrol or diesel.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
1985/86: The last time we missed consecutive finals series.....Until STICKY
Manchild
Jason Croker

Post by Manchild »

I can tell you that a Camry will offer more space than an i30. Stay as far away from any Holden Captiva as possible.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Manchild wrote:I can tell you that a Camry will offer more space than an i30. Stay as far away from any Holden Captiva as possible.
It's more about boot space as I have a Queen size swag that takes up heaps of space. You think the Camry has more than the wagons I listed?
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

rolhai wrote:
gergreg wrote:Rather than creating a new thread I've bumped this one because it is pretty awesome and I'm also interested in some advice from GHers.

We have an i30cw (extended i30) since new in 2010 and it has been a fantastic little car for us. It gets tight when we go on holidays with our two girls, but nothing too bad.

We have the base, manual version and the only major work we have had to have done is a retooling of the clutch.

Petrol or diesel? Diesel is cheaper isn't it?
How much are services on the Hyundai?
rolhai
Brett Mullins

Post by rolhai »

gergreg wrote:
rolhai wrote:

Petrol or diesel? Diesel is cheaper isn't it?
How much are services on the Hyundai?
Sorry, should have said. I've got the petrol engine, about 10l/100k but we do lots of short city driving. When we go on long journeys the economy drops to 7-8ish per. It doesn't help that I drive more aggressively than the average person.

Diesel is better economy bit more expensive in price and servicing so if you do lots of k's then it makes it better.

Servicing is now being done at Kmart auto every 6 months and is about $200-400 off the top of my head (don't quote me on that!), we seem to go through headlight globes like nobodies business.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

If you want to go camping and have 2 kids and a queen swag you will struggle with most normal sedans or wagons without towing a trailer. The only sensible solution for a modern family is a dual cab ute.

I have a ranger as my work car with a canopy and the amount of space for luggage is just phenomenal. Even big 4wds end up with hardly any boot space which when you have a swag, a tent and everything else disappears very quickly!
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

What car do you drive thread?

Post by Botman »

I've got a Camry
Brought it when my first was about to be born
We get around town and interstate easily and with plenty of space
Got 70000kms on it now in 4 years and it's never given me any trouble
Great car for someone like me who doesn't camp, doesn't want to camp, hates SUVs and isn't at all a car bloke
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I have a Holden Cruze hatch, reliable, cheap to run.

Get about 530-600km to a tank in the city, so about 1 tank every 3 weeks or so

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Manchild
Jason Croker

Post by Manchild »

Get yourself one of these badboys. 60 series Landcruiser with a 12HT. I absolutely love my rig.Image
freddo
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by freddo »

05 Triton 4x4 V6
Truth Beauty and The Freddo Way
christoraider
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by christoraider »

I have a BF Falcon wagon with a 500kw F6 Turbo engine and 6 speed manual.

Just recently got Raiders plates for the wags- YOH553
How do you post photo on here ? got lots of photos of the build.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

christoraider wrote:I have a BF Falcon wagon with a 500kw F6 Turbo engine and 6 speed manual.

Just recently got Raiders plates for the wags- YOH553
How do you post photo on here ? got lots of photos of the build.
If you use The Greenhouse App (which you can find in your Apple or Google Play app store), it's very easy, as there's an image upload function from your phone or tablet. Otherwise, there's instructions on the Greenhouse Issues board.
christoraider
Alan Tongue

Post by christoraider »

Thanks GE
christoraider
Alan Tongue

Post by christoraider »

Some pics from BF wagon Build ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
christoraider
Alan Tongue

Post by christoraider »

Nice XR8 Dubby

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Thank you christo

Sent from my ZTE T815 using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

I drive an ice cream van on weekends
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Bought a brand new Triton gls 4x4 in March

Sent from my ZTE T815 using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Bought this baby the day of origin II last year before I flew to Brisbane before the game. Best car I've owned by the length of the straight
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

That looks like my car, only it's not silver!
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

After a few errors of judgement i just bought a black 2003 xr6 manual project car.
I had swapped my 323 work hack commuter for a 97 5L statesman but the list of jobs grew too long, then bought an 03 Subaru outback only to discover symptoms of a head/gasket problem. Long 5 months of car dramas.
1st two jobs today are new rego plates and respray the bonnet

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Edrick The Entertainer
rolhai
Brett Mullins

Post by rolhai »

Picked up a new VW Tiguan two weeks ago Image
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

The wife and I bought a spankin new Mitsubishi Outlander last week...

I haven't driven it yet...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Dibbers
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Brad Clyde

Post by Dibbers »

I have a 2012 Xtrail... the wife thought it was too boxy so decided to try and put a curve in either side of the front bumper with the help of a pole in the car park of the child care centre...

She now drives the Suzuki Swift... i just need to fix the bloody front now... and the rear passenger door... she scraped that too... might just buy her an opal card... i'd be doing a public service...
I found a moon rock in my nose....
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I've got a car for sale.

My MIL is selling a Kia Rio Sports, 5 door hatch.
- 2010 model (white)
- less than 72,000 kms
- Auto, air con, serviced regularly, very good condition.
- Nov rego
- Bluetooth connect.
- Straight, clean, new tyres.

This car is for sale due to the owner(my monster in law) has quit driving. It would suit a young woman maybe.
It had 66,000kms on the clock when MIL bought it in 2014.
$8,500 ono.

Cheers PJ
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Nickman needs to start a gh fashion thread.

Qld jersey tucked into sneans is surely just the start of something potentially magnificent.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.