The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Re: The GH cats

Post by Toviii »

gangrenous wrote:
Toviii wrote: I thought this post was going somewhere completely different based on the first sentence..
I see what you read there...
Phew. I was worried I was the only one who immediately took it the wrong way.
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Raider Bell wrote:
T_R wrote:
Toviii wrote:
T_R wrote:I conducted extensive cat related research back at uni.

Fact: No matter how hard you throw a cat, no matter if you get a run up, pitch it from above your head, go over-arm or bowl it like a cricket ball, it's not possible to get it further than 5 stairs down a flight of steps.
I thought this post was going somewhere completely different based on the first sentence..
To be fair, the study wasn't necessarily conducted under the auspices of any recognised program of study, and only involved one cat, repeatedly.
So you've shown consistency in your research? Peer reviewed I assume? I'm convinced.
:lol:

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

gangrenous wrote:
Pigman wrote:There was a study (Luff, 2014), that showed cats reacted poorly to being assaulted with a milk crate.
Do you think Luff will ever find something that reacts well to being assaulted with a milk crate?
Hard to say. I know he's very dedicated to his animal-milk crate related research and it's certainly an important area of research.
I can't help but think that some things man are not meant to know.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

T_R wrote:
Toviii wrote:
T_R wrote:I conducted extensive cat related research back at uni.

Fact: No matter how hard you throw a cat, no matter if you get a run up, pitch it from above your head, go over-arm or bowl it like a cricket ball, it's not possible to get it further than 5 stairs down a flight of steps.
I thought this post was going somewhere completely different based on the first sentence..
To be fair, the study wasn't necessarily conducted under the auspices of any recognised program of study, and only involved one cat, repeatedly.
That's a pretty poor sample size. I doubt that your results are transferable to the wider cat community. I think further research on more cats is required.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

:lol: That T_R, he edits waaayyy too much! I was leaving that!
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Billyt

Post by Raider Bell »

GE, king of the admin trolls, tip of the hat.
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Damn, that's cold.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

You don't like cats, T_R, you don't like cats. :thumbsdown :shock: :nooo