Earthquakes

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Earthquakes

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

www.stuff.co.nz wrote:An earthquake measuring 5.4 on the Richter scale struck the lower North Island at 6.31am today.

The quake was centred 40km southeast of Martinborough, at a depth of 20km.

The Institute of Geological and Nuclear Sciences said the quake was felt in the Wairarapa and Wellington regions.

The quake was the latest in a flurry of seismic activity in recent days.

This morning's quake was centred at the same location as seven of ten quakes which shook the Wairarapa and Wellington in a ten-hour period on January 18. The biggest measured 5.3.

A 5.5 magnitude quake centred near Upper Hutt struck on January 21 - the largest in the region for nine years. It was quickly followed by a smaller quake, measuring 3.7.

On January 28 the region was rocked by another small earthquake, measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale and centred within 30km of Paraparaumu on the Kapiti Coast.
A number of earthquakes have been hitting where I live recently, had like 10 in a week a couple of weeks ago. Wellington is located right on a fault line. If theres a big earthquake here and I stop posting figure me dead :lol: :lol:.
Inactive

Post by Inactive »

Get outa there edabomb otherwise I'm going to have to rearrange the letters in your name to deadbomb :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Bay56 wrote:Get outa there edabomb otherwise I'm going to have to rearrange the letters in your name to deadbomb :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: It could work.

You could register under that name and convince everyone you're my Elliott hating ghost :lol: .

Note for 2005: I don't hate Elliott, I'm just pessimistic about his abilities.
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

Bay56 wrote:Get outa there edabomb otherwise I'm going to have to rearrange the letters in your name to deadbomb :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:ROFL :ROFL :ROFL :ROFL