Re: Off topic

Post by greeneyed »

What’s wrong with milk and cheese?
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

And that’s why I can’t ever see myself going vegan. It’s just so inconvenient :lol:
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

The Nickman wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
The Nickman wrote: December 20, 2019, 12:23 pm
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: December 20, 2019, 12:18 pm I’ve tried 5:2 off and on in the past, and find it works. I just struggle with making it a habit. I’ve been inspired to go for it again when I’m back from leave.
I've been doing a lot of 16:8 and 23:1 lately and even the odd 40 to 48 hour fast. I find it really helps.

And as for cutting out carbs, I've been eating meals like omelettes with mushrooms and cheese accompanied by a steak. Delicious!
I haven't considered 16:8 and 23:1. I just read up about 16:8 and I think that could be doable. I usually skip breakfast anyway, and just have my morning coffee. Its just stopping the eating after 8pm.

I can see 23:1 making me a bit hangry
I find 23:1 really quite easy now. It’s the 40-48 that’s pretty tough, particularly on that first night at home, usually around the 24 hour mark. If you can push through that, the last 10 hours is downhill skiing.

But my oh my you feel amazing afterwards. It’s really quite purifying
Got a link that i can read up on. I weighed myself today. 89kgs and I reckon I've lost 2 kgs in the past 6 weeks or so but could certainly lose another 4. I've spent most my adult life about the 80 - 85 region.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Coastalraider wrote:And that’s why I can’t ever see myself going vegan. It’s just so inconvenient Image
I would be miserable(r) if I put myself through that ****

Same if I ever gave up coffee

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Having a beer and Joel REdwards walks in

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Sitting in our seats at Event Cinema Glendale waiting for Jumanji to start...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Off topic

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Why are mothers the way they are? I got a voicemail from a random mobile Xmas night. It was my mum leaving a message saying “Hi Brad, it’s Mum. This is my new mobile. Nothings wrong, just wanted to let you know dads in hospital”...

Turns out he’s got pneumonia, and it could have been fatal if it was left another 24hrs. After that, I’m talking to her again, and she tells me that he has to go in for a CT scan. I ask if there’s anything to be concerned about, she said no, it’s just a check up. Call them today, and the CT Scan was to make sure there were no blood clots in his lungs.

Why do they downplay serious stuff like this? Reminds me of this sketch

https://www.metatube.com/en/videos/4275 ... -Call-SNL/
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

@Fui..mate..

Chicks are wired different, I just nod, generally agree and go to the shed. Don't argue..take every encounter as a loss and walk away..they never lose !!!

So..I'm 7 days into my holiday and I'm hell bent on returning to work lighter than 103.4kgs. This morning I'm at 102.9kgs. That's a win considering the hydration required to combat these warm summer days..😀
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Sunshine Coast, day 3, hydration is key

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Hydration..

It's all that matters.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Newcastle earthquake 30yrs ago today.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Did see that on the news tonight

50,000 buildings damaged or something

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Time certainly goes quick Tim.

I remember exactly where I was that day and what went down.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

-PJ- wrote:Time certainly goes quick Tim.

Me too. I was half way up a rock face in the Blue Mountains, on my first ever 'unroped' climb .... and the bloody thing started wobbling.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

-PJ- wrote: December 29, 2019, 5:19 am Time certainly goes quick Tim.

I was snorkeling at Salamander bay and remember all the sand ‘jumped’ up and then resettled - very weird.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Off topic

I was 5, so probably getting high eating Cherry Ripes and knocking over my cousins when it happened.

Some of TRs wobbling could have been from me
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

I was 12, home alone about to go to a mate's house.
We'd been on the Canberra excursion and been on the earthquake simulator a few months earlier so wasn't too weird

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I was 19. Home for Christmas with my parents in Toronto.

Got a 8-00am phone call from a handful of mates who i hadn't seen in 18months.

No mobiles remember, they rang my mums landline..Is PJ there ?

It was a bonding session just down the street. My first thought was its a bit early for beer but what the hell. It was a Thursday I recall. We had the tunes cranked, playing cards and drinking beer. We were all school mates so 18-19 yrs old. Being stupid and careless, at one stage we filled the wheelie bin full of water and jammed our smallest brother in for laughs.

Ok..earthquake.
At 10-28am Toronto shook violently. Admittedly we'd been smashing cans for close to two hours and when a couple of mates fell from their chairs I started abusing them for being lightweights. You know.."does ya boyfriend drink". I did reach down to check the pulse of our smallest brother. He'd had a few bevvies, hadn't eaten and had been locked in a wheelie bin full of water for our entertainment.
I've got more to add to this..or I can just stop ?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

I was 9, and in Queensland and had absolutely no idea Newcastle was hit by an earthquake until I read about it about thirty seconds ago.

Hope that helps.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

The Nickman wrote:I was 9, and in Queensland and had absolutely no idea Newcastle was hit by an earthquake until I read about it about thirty seconds ago.

Hope that helps.
it does

Edrick The Entertainer
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

So, I’m a mess right now.

My mother, sister and her partner have been up since 3am fighting a fire at the family home in Wandella. The sheds, and water tank are gone, but the house remains. Mum can’t get down to the dairy to see if it’s standing, or if the livestock survived. Power lines are down, and who knows when they’ll have power again.

Dads been released from Bega hospital for pneumonia, but the roads are closed, so he can’t get home to Mum. The hospital was going to move him to an evacuation centre, but he’s going to stay with my cousins until it’s cleared.

And I’m in Sydney, unable to get to them and unable to help.

I just... don’t know

Nickman's love of NSW
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Very sorry to hear Fui... hope things turn out as well as they can.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Oh Fui, that’s terrible mate, keep an eye on the RFS twitter page, a lot more info that the fires near me app.

Keep us in the loop mate, thinking of you and your family.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Thanks guys, just found out the 2 people missing are from a neighbouring farm to ours.

Nickman's love of NSW
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Bloody awful news. Hope you can get down there soon :(

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Sorry to hear Fui

Hope they find them safe and sound. Best wishes to you and your family.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Chin up Fui, thinking of you mate

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Yeah..shout out from me as well Fui.

Hope all is ok with it all mate.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Off topic

Thanks guys, the neighbours didn’t makes it out. I knew that when I posted, but thought I’d have to keep the story consistent with what was in the news.

Old man’s ok, he’s bunkered down with a cousin, and is apparently being spoilt.

Mums a little worrying. Trees are down over the roads and they can’t get out. I’ve Tweeted RFS to see what’s the best way to notify that they’re out there. They have no power, but the pump to the creek’s working, so they have water. Mums showing some serious Macgyver skills by rigging the battery up in an old van so she can keep her phone charged.

Livestock is ok, but they’ll need milking otherwise they’ll go dry.

It’s hard to explain without knowing the farm, but our farm backs onto this mountain, Peak Alone. Mum was saying last night the whole mountain was ablaze, and at around 3, it just started raining embers. She said there were 2 big fires in 1951 and 1960 something, but in both cases, the fire never went through the valley. Fires typically cling to the mountain and go around us. This is the first to go through the valley, which surprised a lot of the farmers around there

Nickman's love of NSW
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Oh god. Sorry to hear that Fui.

Hope your family pull through ok.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The photos and video from down the South Coast are so horrible, people evacuated to the beach, to place like the Bega Showground. Fires going right down to the beachside villages south of Bateman's Bay. Embers raining down on Broulee... these places are the beach to so many Canberrans.

Fui... the countryside around Cobargo is so beautiful, buildings have burned down in the town, it is sad to hear.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

This is before and after of Cobargo

Close to 140 years of history in those buildings

Nickman's love of NSW
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Buildings burning at Bateman's Bay and Broulee...

Reports of buildings lost at Tomakin and Surf Beach...

I've spent a few holidays at Broulee... it's a lovely place... it is all just awful.