Off topic

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Re: Off topic

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

I’m blaming my work, for only having staff benefits in place with Jetstar.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Pay full fares you stinge

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Who in the history of the world ever said “I have an option to get this purchase at full price, or I can get it discounted. I’ll choose full price thanks.”
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

I only fly Virgin and genuinely don't care about price. **** flying Jetstar or Tiger ever again, and even QANTAS can EDIT.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

The Nickman wrote:I only fly Virgin and genuinely don't care about price. **** flying Jetstar or Tiger ever again, and even QANTAS can EDIT.
Yeah I mainly fly with virgin as well

I flew tiger to Melbourne for the final and it wasn't too bad, as good as you can expect for $90

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

What sort of plane do you get for $90 Tim?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Boeing 737

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

-TW- wrote: December 16, 2019, 6:20 pm
The Nickman wrote:I only fly Virgin and genuinely don't care about price. **** flying Jetstar or Tiger ever again, and even QANTAS can EDIT.
Yeah I mainly fly with virgin as well

I flew tiger to Melbourne for the final and it wasn't too bad, as good as you can expect for $90

I had a Tiger flight cancelled on the eve of Origin about eight years ago and had to hire a car and drive through the night to Sydney… never flew them again.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I did think it was going to be cancelled at one point.. they had one plane servicing southern Australia and it got delayed in Hobart

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I'm officially on holidays as of today and I'm determined to get back to work lighter than when I left yesterday. Weighed in at 103.4kgs this morning. There'll be no gym but I'm going to rack up plenty of walking and avoid grazing between my healthy meals.

My boss tells me I have too much A/L and I can return anytime into the new year(within reason). All I need to do is ring him and let him know a date.

So..no grazing between meals, no junk. I have to allow for the 1000s of beers..find a happy medium.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Merry Xmas great man, loved your cameo in the mandalorian.
Having a sneaky one at Argy pub about 2.30, any chance the shed door is up Monday Image

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

bonehead wrote: December 20, 2019, 6:14 am Merry Xmas great man, loved your cameo in the mandalorian.
Having a sneaky one at Argy pub about 2.30, any chance the shed door is up Monday Image

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
:) Shed door is down on Monday mate and probably Tuesday as well. I'm helping the old man with some yard work. I'm pretty busy, we are off to Terrigal when the missus gets home today to catch up with friends..

Merry Christmas to all the boneys from us mate..
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

-PJ- wrote:I'm officially on holidays as of today and I'm determined to get back to work lighter than when I left yesterday. Weighed in at 103.4kgs this morning. There'll be no gym but I'm going to rack up plenty of walking and avoid grazing between my healthy meals.

My boss tells me I have too much A/L and I can return anytime into the new year(within reason). All I need to do is ring him and let him know a date.

So..no grazing between meals, no junk. I have to allow for the 1000s of beers..find a happy medium.
Two words for you, Peej. Intermittent Fasting. That way you can have your beers AND snacks if you like while still losing and then maintaining a healthy weight.

Look it up, old friend.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

The best way to lose weight is to cut down on the alco.... nah I can't say it... embrace your love handles mate - yes literally

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Beer fuels my body, keeps me regular.

So ill try the EAT WELL/STAY ACTIVE/CHUGGALUG diet.

I'm reasonably healthy, sure I have aches and pains but my internal organs and plumbing are tiptop.

I need to be able to button my overalls after the holiday period..is all.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

gergreg wrote: December 20, 2019, 7:20 am The best way to lose weight is to cut down on the alco.... nah I can't say it... embrace your love handles mate - yes literally

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
That is ture, but if you want to have your beer and drink it, then intermittent fasting is the way to go. And it has a HUGE range of other health benefits besides just losing weight.

Look it up, seriously. In fact, it's hard to even find any sources which disprove its benefits, which is strange in this day and age.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Noone needs to give up anything

As long as you're in a caloric deficit then you'll lose weight, if you're about even you wont gain weight.

Giving up **** makes you miserable and defeats the purpose of what you're trying to achieve

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

-TW- wrote: December 20, 2019, 9:29 am Noone needs to give up anything

As long as you're in a caloric deficit then you'll lose weight, if you're about even you wont gain weight.

Giving up **** makes you miserable and defeats the purpose of what you're trying to achieve

Exactly. Intermittent fasting is the go because it allows you to eat and drink what you like, but also allows your body to be truly empty and to process waste more efficiently.

You should look it up. Other health benefits for things such as slowing aging and cell regeneration are also tremendous.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

I lost 20kg over the last 18 months.
Everyone is different but the key for me was periods of no alcohol so I had consistency. Putting a 3 week healthy stint together so I could build on results rather than the usual 4 healthy days, 3 unhealthy days.

I did it in stages as well. Started off with no calorie restrictions. Could eat as much as you want but it had to be healthy. That improved my habits. Then introduced intermittent fasting as well as finer calorie control. If I felt like I was eating too little there's places around that do these massive protein meals so I'd hit one of those up and not need to feel like I'd done something wrong.

This time of year though it's very hard to apply any kind of plan. Just need to relax and have a good time.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Bread is a big one I've heard, if you can get off bread weight will drop. I'm not too conerned about my shape. I'm going to take care of myself these next few weeks.

I'll still have fush n chups if that's what the family is having.or a hamburger if Mrs PJ isn't up to cooking. Believe it or not my work is very physical..on my feet for 8hrs everyday. It's like my own little gym membership.

Im a carnivore, love my meat. But I could have salad with my steak every day of the week.

I've had no breakfast today but just had chicken sandwiches with mayo and tomato for lunch..no marg...ya see, I'm trying.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Yeah, carbs is a big thing too, Peej. I'm trying to cut down my eaten carbs significantly next year, which will be tough seeing as Mrs Pig loves carbs like a million times more than I do!
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Bread was completely fine for me.
If you're finding there's something you can't do without I'd start by just moving when you have it. For example if you have to have some pasta just keep it away from dinner (and make sure it's not creamy).
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Bread is something we use to contain our food isnt it ?

It's everywhere..

Hamburgers, Sandwiches, Wraps etc

Even eggs on toast..

Bread is the devil.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

I’ve tried 5:2 off and on in the past, and find it works. I just struggle with making it a habit. I’ve been inspired to go for it again when I’m back from leave.

Nickman's love of NSW
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: December 20, 2019, 12:18 pm I’ve tried 5:2 off and on in the past, and find it works. I just struggle with making it a habit. I’ve been inspired to go for it again when I’m back from leave.
I've been doing a lot of 16:8 and 23:1 lately and even the odd 40 to 48 hour fast. I find it really helps.

And as for cutting out carbs, I've been eating meals like omelettes with mushrooms and cheese accompanied by a steak. Delicious!
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I don't eat 3 standard meals a day now anyway. Which is why I'd hit the chocolate machine at work. Being a shift worker totally screws your routine, I'd be eating twice a day and sometimes only once.

And because I'm flat out at work id get home and pig out.. before dinner !

I haven't had a beer today, we are going away for the night to see friends where the bbq will be sparked up and the cold beer will be flowing..
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Eat bigger meals with lots of protein.

Keeps you fuller for longer and you don't want to snack on ****

zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Yeah I found increasing the protein was a big help. Pre-planning I used to have say a turkey sandwich with 2-3 slices. Doubling the amount of turkey kept me full and was much better than the snacks.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

The Nickman wrote: December 20, 2019, 12:23 pm
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: December 20, 2019, 12:18 pm I’ve tried 5:2 off and on in the past, and find it works. I just struggle with making it a habit. I’ve been inspired to go for it again when I’m back from leave.
I've been doing a lot of 16:8 and 23:1 lately and even the odd 40 to 48 hour fast. I find it really helps.

And as for cutting out carbs, I've been eating meals like omelettes with mushrooms and cheese accompanied by a steak. Delicious!
I haven't considered 16:8 and 23:1. I just read up about 16:8 and I think that could be doable. I usually skip breakfast anyway, and just have my morning coffee. Its just stopping the eating after 8pm.

I can see 23:1 making me a bit hangry

Nickman's love of NSW
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Walk more eat less, no need to over complicate such an easy concept, every time those chubby fingers reach for a tim tam.. slap them ...put on some lyra and shimmy boys.
This place is woke.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
The Nickman wrote: December 20, 2019, 12:23 pm

I haven't considered 16:8 and 23:1. I just read up about 16:8 and I think that could be doable. I usually skip breakfast anyway, and just have my morning coffee. Its just stopping the eating after 8pm.

I can see 23:1 making me a bit hangry
I find 23:1 really quite easy now. It’s the 40-48 that’s pretty tough, particularly on that first night at home, usually around the 24 hour mark. If you can push through that, the last 10 hours is downhill skiing.

But my oh my you feel amazing afterwards. It’s really quite purifying
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

I’ve been going about 80% vegan meals for about 2 months. I still love meat, but having heard some exceptional podcasts on the scale of issues surrounding the meat industry, it started my thinking of cutting back a bit. I find that if I remove meat from a meal, what substitutes it is significantly healthier than what’s removed. For example, there is a thai restaurant we go to frequently at work. If I remove chicken from my meal, not only is it substituted with tofu, but you get more variety of veggies, plus about twice the qty. same with Mexican - an easy nachos/tacos is meat, cheese, sour cream. Take out meat and dairy and you start substituting with beans, lettuce, carrot, tomatoes, avo etc, and it ends up being better for you, and you feel much better afterwards as well.

I reckon 4 dinners a week are still meat, but I’m really enjoying the difference. I feel MUCH better, and in the races I’ve done since trying this ratio, I have felt like I could go all day. Cheaper too.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Yeah Mrs Fui’s sister and partner are both vegan, so we’ve been eating a lot of vegan food when we go out. It’s definitely doable these days

Nickman's love of NSW
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Yeah Mrs Fui’s sister and partner are both vegan, so we’ve been eating a lot of vegan food when we go out. It’s definitely doable these days
Do they like to tell you how they are vegan Fui?
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Haha nah they’re alright. It’s more the rest of the family being all “Oh, so you don’t eat cheese? What about milk? Really? What about eggs? Oh wow, not even yoghurt?”

Every. Single. Time

Nickman's love of NSW