The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Re: Off topic

Post by Sid »

-PJ- wrote:Yep..

But id gladly pay you $1000 to come and do it.. :)
I’ll cut it down for $1000. It lands where it lands though
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Sid wrote: February 1, 2020, 2:16 pm
-PJ- wrote:Yep..

But id gladly pay you $1000 to come and do it.. :)
I’ll cut it down for $1000. It lands where it lands though
Cut and get rid of Sid..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Everything is so expensive. I need to fix a part of my fence - maybe about 8 - 10 metres of fence. A fencing company did my neighbours place for 10,000. I got a quote for the wood which came to 1,400.

8 and a half grand for labour is crazy.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

-PJ- wrote: Cut and get rid of Sid..
Woah! That escalated quickly! He just made a joke Image
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

gangrenous wrote: February 1, 2020, 3:50 pm
:lol: PAID !!
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

gergreg wrote: February 1, 2020, 3:28 pm Everything is so expensive. I need to fix a part of my fence - maybe about 8 - 10 metres of fence. A fencing company did my neighbours place for 10,000. I got a quote for the wood which came to 1,400.

$4000 and council have told me because the tree is a native I must replace it with another native.

I've got a gymea lily ready to plant..
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

gangrenous wrote:

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

50 not out, retired dying.
We won.
Winner's beer is colder and tastier

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

-PJ- wrote:
gergreg wrote: February 1, 2020, 3:28 pm Everything is so expensive. I need to fix a part of my fence - maybe about 8 - 10 metres of fence. A fencing company did my neighbours place for 10,000. I got a quote for the wood which came to 1,400.

$4000 and council have told me because the tree is a native I must replace it with another native.

I have a massive eucalyptus behind my garage, must be around 10 - 15 metres high and planted about 4 metres away. I'll probably get it taken down later this year. I'll let you know how much that is - hopefully my strata will pay for it.

Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

bonehead wrote:50 not out, retired dying.
We won.

Congrats Boney, would’ve been a tough innings

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

bonehead wrote: February 1, 2020, 5:29 pm 50 not out, retired dying.
We won.

Geez boney, I was worried all day about cha..

Have a drink..great knock by the way..
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

was actually a bit of a grind, massive boundaries, took me 20 overs, square leg had my water bottle.
Fitbit app said I batted for an hour, heart rate avg 165 peaked at 185.

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I grant you a day of rest 2mrw...
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

thanks boss man, going to the beach

Edrick The Entertainer
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

That's why you slog.. you could have made that off 20 balls with no running required

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

-PJ- wrote:

Not a bad gig. Cut down a tree ... 4 grand please. How much do they then make from the wood?

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

gergreg wrote: February 1, 2020, 7:20 pm
-PJ- wrote:

Not a bad gig. Cut down a tree ... 4 grand please. How much do they then make from the wood?

Exactly...
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

-TW- wrote: February 1, 2020, 7:19 pm That's why you slog.. you could have made that off 20 balls with no running required

boney is the backbone of the Wine Country Wombats batting..the rock..the wall.

If boney fails they don't get many.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Even better, more time at the pub and seasons done by round 1 of the footy season

I missed round 1 and 2 in 2016 cause we made a elimination final in one grade, and then I got put up for a semi in another grade. Worst part was "I'm injured" wasn't accepted as an excuse

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

I'm too old to slog, i have a grudge against our selectors. I've taken the approach to win the club batting awards, I'm averaging 60 just need the aggregate up over 300 with 3 games to go should be pretty easy.
Massive ground today, not a lot of boundaries. we made 130 bowled them out 80, last time we met we made 245 and got run down

Edrick The Entertainer
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

The Nickman wrote:
-TW- wrote: December 20, 2019, 9:29 am Noone needs to give up anything

As long as you're in a caloric deficit then you'll lose weight, if you're about even you wont gain weight.

Giving up **** makes you miserable and defeats the purpose of what you're trying to achieve

Exactly. Intermittent fasting is the go because it allows you to eat and drink what you like, but also allows your body to be truly empty and to process waste more efficiently.

You should look it up. Other health benefits for things such as slowing aging and cell regeneration are also tremendous.
OK so I've looked into this. I went to the scientific literature, rather than to fastingisawesome.com.

Intermittent Fasting is comparable to conventional calorie restriction dieting for weight loss. Intermittent Fasting seems to work via inducing a calorie deficit, nothing magical or mysterious about it. Any benefit to it other than the benefit derived from weight loss is completely overstated. Apart from a few studies in mice (which didn't have spectacular results) there is simply no evidence to suggest otherwise. As is usually the case on the internet, someone has stated their philosophy as fact, and it's been replicated on lots of websites as a truism.

I'm generally pretty lean, but am keen to shed a few of the festive season kegs given I'm running a 100km race in three months. I'm finding this harder and harder as the years go on. I also fail at calorie restriction, I've got bugger all will power and usually cave when suprise goodies are on offer like at work. I've tried 5:2 but just can't do it. I'm starving by the end of the day and succumb so that I can sleep.

For the last couple of weeks I've tried Timed Fasting (doing 16 hours), and it's working for me. I'm eating from 2pm to 10pm. My mornings and days are usually so crazy busy I don't notice that I'm hungry, and if I am I just drink some more black coffee. If goodies are presented at work, I'll eat some after 2pm, otherwise I'm finding it easy to not eat them. I can only eat so much in the evening, so counting my calories I can confirm that I'm in deficit, but I've got a full belly and am satisfied when I go to bed.

Like TW said, so long as you are in deficit you'll lose weight. The science doesn't support any specific diet altering metabolism and miraculously shedding fat (not to say that they don't, there is just no current evidence for it). You just need to find a way of restricting your calories that works for you.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Dr Zaius wrote: February 3, 2020, 1:28 pm
The Nickman wrote:
-TW- wrote: December 20, 2019, 9:29 am Noone needs to give up anything

As long as you're in a caloric deficit then you'll lose weight, if you're about even you wont gain weight.

Giving up **** makes you miserable and defeats the purpose of what you're trying to achieve

Exactly. Intermittent fasting is the go because it allows you to eat and drink what you like, but also allows your body to be truly empty and to process waste more efficiently.

You should look it up. Other health benefits for things such as slowing aging and cell regeneration are also tremendous.
OK so I've looked into this. I went to the scientific literature, rather than to fastingisawesome.com.

Intermittent Fasting is comparable to conventional calorie restriction dieting for weight loss. Intermittent Fasting seems to work via inducing a calorie deficit, nothing magical or mysterious about it. Any benefit to it other than the benefit derived from weight loss is completely overstated. Apart from a few studies in mice (which didn't have spectacular results) there is simply no evidence to suggest otherwise. As is usually the case on the internet, someone has stated their philosophy as fact, and it's been replicated on lots of websites as a truism.

I'm generally pretty lean, but am keen to shed a few of the festive season kegs given I'm running a 100km race in three months. I'm finding this harder and harder as the years go on. I also fail at calorie restriction, I've got bugger all will power and usually cave when suprise goodies are on offer like at work. I've tried 5:2 but just can't do it. I'm starving by the end of the day and succumb so that I can sleep.

For the last couple of weeks I've tried Timed Fasting (doing 16 hours), and it's working for me. I'm eating from 2pm to 10pm. My mornings and days are usually so crazy busy I don't notice that I'm hungry, and if I am I just drink some more black coffee. If goodies are presented at work, I'll eat some after 2pm, otherwise I'm finding it easy to not eat them. I can only eat so much in the evening, so counting my calories I can confirm that I'm in deficit, but I've got a full belly and am satisfied when I go to bed.

Like TW said, so long as you are in deficit you'll lose weight. The science doesn't support any specific diet altering metabolism and miraculously shedding fat (not to say that they don't, there is just no current evidence for it). You just need to find a way of restricting your calories that works for you.
I find a good version of fasting when I’m trying to drop a couple of kg before a race is to fast of an evening. I’ll do my morning session, eat normally all day, but plan a second session on the bike or treadmill for the evening - that way I will have a really light meal with the family when they eat dinner, put the kids to bed and then head into the pain cave. By about 9pm I’m done training, have a quick recovery shake and go to bed. It means I’m skipping the biggest meal of the day, not trying to digest and burn all those calories while I sleep, but the shake still gives me the protein and aminos and electrolytes to recover while I sleep.

It is also the period when you do the most hours of training as you ramp up to a big race, so the fat just falls off.

I probably do that 3-4 times a week in the last 2 Months of a build.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

I’ve lost myself 3kgs this year so far. Haven’t done anything crazy, just eating less calories than I burn.

Re-Downloaded Couch 2 5K Runner recently. Will get on that once it starts to cool down.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Other news, my 2nd batch of cider has been bottled. This is my first batch not using a kit, so I’m keen to see how it goes. It’s Pineapple, Apple, Passionfruit and Mango cider. Should work out around 1.3% Alcohol

Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

Nice work Fui

Sid
Ricky Stuart

Off topic

Post by Sid »

I took today off work with an earache today and my supervisor, Bec, asked me what my login is...

It led to an embarrassing text exchange with my password being ‘8=========D’
Last edited by Sid on February 5, 2020, 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

earache, soft

Edrick The Entertainer
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

It's ok sid. I hear that isn't much below average size.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: February 4, 2020, 7:44 am Other news, my 2nd batch of cider has been bottled. This is my first batch not using a kit, so I’m keen to see how it goes. It’s Pineapple, Apple, Passionfruit and Mango cider. Should work out around 1.3% Alcohol
I like your decor

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Sid wrote:I took today off work with an earache today and my supervisor, Bec, asked me what my login is...

It led to an embarrassing text exchange with my password being ‘8=========D’
Similar thing happened to me with this spreadsheet I built. I changed teams and had to hand it over last year. 6 months ago I got Skyped by the team and was asked what was the password to unlock the VBA.

Shamefully, I had to tell them Brad84Brad. I forgot to change it

Nickman's love of NSW
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Off topic

T_R wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: February 4, 2020, 7:44 am Other news, my 2nd batch of cider has been bottled. This is my first batch not using a kit, so I’m keen to see how it goes. It’s Pineapple, Apple, Passionfruit and Mango cider. Should work out around 1.3% Alcohol
I like your decor
Thanks, our living room turned out a bit Scandi, without realising it. The colour scheme is just various shades of grey and timber.

The indoor plants really make the place, but that’s all Mrs Fui’s doing

Nickman's love of NSW
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

zim wrote:It's ok sid. I hear that isn't much below average size.
I’ll go 9 equal signs next change

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

There's no way I'm admitting to taking time off for an ear ache.

It's just un-Australian..

Like blokes on mopeds.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

-PJ- wrote:There's no way I'm admitting to taking time off for an ear ache.

Like blokes on mopeds.
The amount of people you see on mopeds wearing shorts and a t-shirt is staggering - or skirts/dresses. Bitumen isn't so forgiving.

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

gergreg wrote: February 6, 2020, 7:00 am
-PJ- wrote:There's no way I'm admitting to taking time off for an ear ache.

Like blokes on mopeds.
The amount of people you see on mopeds wearing shorts and a t-shirt is staggering - or skirts/dresses. Bitumen isn't so forgiving.

I saw a bloke in Hunter St Newcastle on a Vespa. He had a carton of beer between his feet and a surfboard tucked under his arm..