Off topic

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: Off topic

Post by Schifty »

T_R wrote: January 5, 2019, 4:54 pm I imagine he was referring to my new chicken coop. It's huuuge, but leans oddly.
You're really committing to this doomsday prepping of the grid living thing.

With Trump about to declare martial law you could be right
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Anyone have Kayo Sports? Looking at possibly getting this and downgrading my Fox account. Any pros/cons?

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Had it, pretty good

Only issue was I had to upgrade my Chromecast.

Then I found Foxtel do multiroom streaming now without buying an extra box for $10 a month so I jumped on that
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:I love them too, there’s so many good ones popping up!
I recommend Crooked Tailor if you’re ever in Castle Hill.

Just serve even numbers of everything!

Ask yourself, why is there a prime number of Tim Tams in a packet?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

I'm still reeling from the fact you own a scooter

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

dubby wrote:I'm still reeling from the fact you own a scooter

Best way to commute to work!
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Nup.

I'm still reeling.

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
ckjchambers
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Mal or Loz.

Post by ckjchambers »

Am coming to a Raiders game in May (vs Cowboys) and am going to go to one of the Raiders clubs afterwards. Is there a better raiders club to go to between the five clubs (Mawson, Weston, Belconnen, Gunghalin, Queanbeyan).
Member # 8733.
Supporting the Raiders since the 1980's and looking forward to another 1987 - 1994 type run soon
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

They’re all much of a muchness. None have a ton of Raiders memorabilia. Mawson has none at all, you wouldn’t know it was a Raiders/footy club - designed that way. Queanbeyan is the original, looks out on the river. Very little to no memorabilia these days. It’s a short trip to Seiffert if you’ve never seen it. I probably like Belconnen best as it looks onto the field. The juniors play there a lot (or at Seiffert) and it is the home of West Belconnen Warriors. It has a fair amount of Raiders and footy memorabilia. Haven’t been to Gungahlin since they renovated. Weston is renovated well, but it is probably my least favourite. Not much in the way of views.

The Raiders go to some of the Canberra clubs each year after a game for a signing session. Last year it was Weston and Belconnen. You might want to see whether one of those coincides with the match you’re attending.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Hello all.

How is everybody ?

Very hot here in 2284 today..Max 38C.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Already 34 here at 10am
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Yep..

The air went on at 9am here..

Tis very nice now..beers later and cricket.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

It’s ridiculous here in the 2765. Planned to mow the lawn, and finish off the garden beds. Too unbearable. Got the grass done, garden beds can be tomorrow mornings job

Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

We hit 38 before noon.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

But still..

How about those people in SA ?

It's hot there !!!
ckjchambers
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Mal or Loz.

Post by ckjchambers »

greeneyed wrote: January 26, 2019, 8:05 am They’re all much of a muchness. None have a ton of Raiders memorabilia. Mawson has none at all, you wouldn’t know it was a Raiders/footy club - designed that way. Queanbeyan is the original, looks out on the river. Very little to no memorabilia these days. It’s a short trip to Seiffert if you’ve never seen it. I probably like Belconnen best as it looks onto the field. The juniors play there a lot (or at Seiffert) and it is the home of West Belconnen Warriors. It has a fair amount of Raiders and footy memorabilia. Haven’t been to Gungahlin since they renovated. Weston is renovated well, but it is probably my least favourite. Not much in the way of views.

The Raiders go to some of the Canberra clubs each year after a game for a signing session. Last year it was Weston and Belconnen. You might want to see whether one of those coincides with the match you’re attending.
Thanks so much. I appreciate you taking the time to respond. We will wait to see if the players are going to go to any of the clubs and go to that one.
Member # 8733.
Supporting the Raiders since the 1980's and looking forward to another 1987 - 1994 type run soon
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

ckjchambers wrote: January 26, 2019, 12:30 pm
greeneyed wrote: January 26, 2019, 8:05 am They’re all much of a muchness. None have a ton of Raiders memorabilia. Mawson has none at all, you wouldn’t know it was a Raiders/footy club - designed that way. Queanbeyan is the original, looks out on the river. Very little to no memorabilia these days. It’s a short trip to Seiffert if you’ve never seen it. I probably like Belconnen best as it looks onto the field. The juniors play there a lot (or at Seiffert) and it is the home of West Belconnen Warriors. It has a fair amount of Raiders and footy memorabilia. Haven’t been to Gungahlin since they renovated. Weston is renovated well, but it is probably my least favourite. Not much in the way of views.

Thanks so much. I appreciate you taking the time to respond. We will wait to see if the players are going to go to any of the clubs and go to that one.
I think you'll find after the game the players hang out at the post match function in the MMeninga stand. And when that's all done Ricky sends them home for sleep..
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

-PJ- wrote:

I think you'll find after the game the players hang out at the post match function in the MMeninga stand. And when that's all done Ricky sends them home for sleep..
They don’t do that anymore. They’re supposed to head into their recovery routine after most games... except when they do a signing session.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

greeneyed wrote: January 26, 2019, 1:40 pm
-PJ- wrote:

They don’t do that anymore. They’re supposed to head into their recovery routine after most games... except when they do a signing session.

So there's no meet and greet or mom award with fans after home games ??

Geez..
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

-PJ- wrote: January 26, 2019, 2:02 pm
greeneyed wrote: January 26, 2019, 1:40 pm
-PJ- wrote:

So there's no meet and greet or mom award with fans after home games ??

Geez..
Correct.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

So I’ve been building these modular garden beds from Birdies. They’re like a flat pack, you give them the dimensions and they send you the timber. Beds are in multiples of 550mm, so you can have them 550m long, 1100 long etc.
So I ordered them, and have planned to basically build a giant horseshoe around the backyard. Thinking I’ll have about 200mm wriggle room on both ends when I’m done.
Get to the last piece, and there’s a 430mm gap between the bed and the fence. Not too sure what to do. These things are heavy, so moving them around is a bit of a pain. I have 100mm on the other side as well, so ordering another piece isn’t an option either.

Time to get creative

Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:So I’ve been building these modular garden beds from Birdies. They’re like a flat pack, you give them the dimensions and they send you the timber. Beds are in multiples of 550mm, so you can have them 550m long, 1100 long etc.
So I ordered them, and have planned to basically build a giant horseshoe around the backyard. Thinking I’ll have about 200mm wriggle room on both ends when I’m done.
Get to the last piece, and there’s a 430mm gap between the bed and the fence. Not too sure what to do. These things are heavy, so moving them around is a bit of a pain. I have 100mm on the other side as well, so ordering another piece isn’t an option either.

Time to get creative

Post a pic Fui. I need to do some borders/edges at my place

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

gergreg wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:So I’ve been building these modular garden beds from Birdies. They’re like a flat pack, you give them the dimensions and they send you the timber. Beds are in multiples of 550mm, so you can have them 550m long, 1100 long etc.

Time to get creative

Yeah will do. Spoke to Mrs Fui, as she’s the site foreman. Pointed out that we can plant some taller palms in the gap. Plus we have space to put some decorative screens on the fence too.

We’re going for a Tropical style look. Lots of greens, ferns, palms etc.

Crisis averted. For those interested in the beds, here’s the link. We went with their Stacka range

https://birdiesgardenproducts.com.au

Nickman's love of NSW
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Helping family move houses today. Just rented a van for the day.

I get an odd enjoyment out of it, literally I’ve been waiting all week just to drive the van, and move things. I think Courier is one of those jobs I’d have a crack at. I’d also like to be that guy who goes and retrieves the rental cars returned to a different location, and drives them back to the depot. I think that would be fun.

Nickman's love of NSW
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I'm with you on this Fui.

For some weird reason moving house or helping a mate move house don't bother me too much.

All the prep work needs to be done prior though..etc anything that can be boxed needs to be boxed and shipped out prior to the furniture being moved. Many hands make light work. And then..and only then I slap on a bbq and treat my exhausted removalists to some refreshments..
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

-PJ- wrote:I'm with you on this Fui.

For some weird reason moving house or helping a mate move house don't bother me too much.

All the prep work needs to be done prior though..etc anything that can be boxed needs to be boxed and shipped out prior to the furniture being moved. Many hands make light work. And then..and only then I slap on a bbq and treat my exhausted removalists to some refreshments..
I'll look forward to seeing you both in Eumundi in April.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
gergreg wrote:

Time to get creative

Yeah will do. Spoke to Mrs Fui, as she’s the site foreman. Pointed out that we can plant some taller palms in the gap. Plus we have space to put some decorative screens on the fence too.

Crisis averted. For those interested in the beds, here’s the link. We went with their Stacka range

I kind of like the clean look of these low retaining walls.

http://wsleeper.com.au/adbri-retaining-walls/

The 'charcoal' Windsor (near the bottom) would work nicely at my place with matching charcoal pavers would look really professional. I have to fix the back fence first though and as with everything it comes back to finances, or lack thereof.

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

T_R wrote: February 9, 2019, 9:48 am
-PJ- wrote:I'm with you on this Fui.

I'll look forward to seeing you both in Eumundi in April.
I don't know where Eumundi is but for $50 per hour I'll find it..
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Just follow the endless trail of new age, flaky, spaced out hippies between Maroochydore and Noosa

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Or the trail of chicken crumbs

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

gergreg wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
gergreg wrote:

Time to get creative

The 'charcoal' Windsor (near the bottom) would work nicely at my place with matching charcoal pavers would look really professional. I have to fix the back fence first though and as with everything it comes back to finances, or lack thereof.

We were looking at those for our front wall. We settled for Charcoal Arrinastone blocks

http://bbp.style/PUBLIC/products/brochu ... re-NSW.pdf

Nickman's love of NSW
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

gergreg wrote:Or the trail of chicken crumbs

Nope. Just hippies, mentally unbalanced 60 year old women in Volkswagen Golfs and incense.

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
gergreg wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
gergreg wrote:

Time to get creative

We were looking at those for our front wall. We settled for Charcoal Arrinastone blocks

http://bbp.style/PUBLIC/products/brochu ... re-NSW.pdf
Yes looks nice, you got a ball park figure? I've probably got about 6/7 metres worth of wall/garden to do?

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I'm mowing my lawn this morning.

The young people next door partied last night and I'm without much sleep.

Is it too early to start slapping the colourbond fence with my edge trimmer ?

6-20am !!!
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Go for it!

Years ago my mates brother was kept up until late by a loud party...4am I think.

So at 530 or so he walks over, knocks on their door until they answer, then when the door opens he just walked in, turned on the TV and stared making a racket (banging pots and pans)

He said something like, "oh what, are you trying to sleep? Am I keeping you awake? Don't you just hate inconsiderate people who keep you awake?"

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Yeah these youngsters were at it till about 2-30am.

Scantly clad women half my age and younger frolicking by the pool till all hours and not even an invite.

Loud music..c/rap, drinking games and nudity..

At my age..it's not good for my ticker.