Off topic

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

gerg
Laurie Daley

Re: Off topic

Post by gerg »

The Nickman wrote:
gergreg wrote:Just catching up on this thread, what sort of dog did you get Nickman and how is Boney jr?
He’s a shmoodle gerg and I’ll post photos shortly, but unfortunately I can’t tell you what’s going on with Boney jr.

Might have to ask Boney.
I picked you more for a 'real dog' sort of guy. Wife picked it, didn't she?

J/k .. I'd love one of those poodle x, but the price scared me off. Closest breeder to me was selling cavoodles for 8k.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

gerg, meet Wilson. I wanted to call him gerg but for some reason Erin was against it.

And if you picked my for a “real dog” sort of guy I feel like you don’t know me at all!
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

The Nickman wrote:gerg, meet Wilson. I wanted to call him gerg but for some reason Erin was against it.

And if you picked my for a “real dog” sort of guy I feel like you don’t know me at all!
I'm absolutely honoured

And that's a cute dog

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

:o :? @The Nickman How did your face and teeth get smashed up?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote: May 27, 2021, 10:45 am :o :? @The Nickman How did your face and teeth get smashed up?
One of those **** electric scooters on Night #1 of Magic Round/my buck's weekend.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Here’s the photo I CAN show, which is on Day 3 of Magic Round (can’t show the immediate aftermath, it’s too gruesome)

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

:o :shock:
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote: May 27, 2021, 10:53 am:o :shock:
Tell me about it, only got my teeth fixed two days ago... it's cost me about 1200 in dental bills so far, with a follow-up appointment in four weeks.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

The Nickman wrote:
greeneyed wrote: May 27, 2021, 10:45 am :o :? @The Nickman How did your face and teeth get smashed up?
One of those **** electric scooters on Night #1 of Magic Round/my buck's weekend.
Let me guess, the green one?

That thing flies

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

-TW- wrote: May 27, 2021, 10:59 am
The Nickman wrote:

That thing flies

I think it was orange, but I really don't know, you'd have to ask Lucy.

This whole thing was his fault.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

**** me that would have hurt.
Wilson looks like the goodest of boys.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

zim wrote: May 27, 2021, 11:12 am **** me that would have hurt.
Wilson looks like the goodest of boys.
Look, it wasn't the smartest or wisest thing I've ever done, I'll give you the tip.

****en' Lucy.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

The Nickman wrote:
-TW- wrote: May 27, 2021, 10:59 am
The Nickman wrote:

That thing flies

I think it was orange, but I really don't know, you'd have to ask Lucy.

This whole thing was his fault.
Nothing good ever comes from Lucy

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

He's just the worst person I know.

I Luff him so much.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Anyway, my face is largely healed now, as you can see by the photo with my surprise visitor at work today...

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

What stands out is the size of that key fob.

You driving a Hummer ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

-PJ- wrote: May 27, 2021, 2:45 pm What stands out is the size of that key fob.

You driving a Hummer ?
Haha that's Erin's keys, and she's driving almost a Hummer... it's a Kia.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Nice pup mate. You say he/she was a surprise visitor at your place of work today.

Did you leave a pair old jocks laying around the house and he/she found you by smell ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

-PJ- wrote: May 27, 2021, 2:50 pm Nice pup mate. You say he/she was a surprise visitor at your place of work today.

Did you leave a pair old jocks laying around the house and he/she found you by smell ?
I think he can just smell me from across the river!
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I feel sorry for your coworkers then

zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Ok. I've found the best channel on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThingsICantFi ... ise/videos

This is an absolute gold mine.

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

The Nickman wrote:Anyway, my face is largely healed now, as you can see by the photo with my surprise visitor at work today...

Wait....that's HEALED?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Haven’t you got bushfires to go and light somewhere, ****?
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

The Nickman wrote:Haven’t you got bushfires to go and light somewhere, ****?
Grass fires. Completely different

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

T_R wrote: May 28, 2021, 11:50 am
The Nickman wrote:Haven’t you got bushfires to go and light somewhere, ****?
Grass fires. Completely different

You burnt half of the Noosa hinterlands down!
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

A GRASSFIRE IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

How many of those 12.5% craft beers had you drunk before you decided it was a good idea to start lighting fires anyway? Ten, thirteen??
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

The Nickman wrote:How many of those 12.5% craft beers had you drunk before you decided it was a good idea to start lighting fires anyway? Ten, thirteen??
All of them Image

Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

T_R wrote: May 28, 2021, 6:07 am
The Nickman wrote:Anyway, my face is largely healed now, as you can see by the photo with my surprise visitor at work today...

Wait....that's HEALED?

:lol: :lol:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Has anyone else had this problem? I’ve recently had my hot water system replaced. Under the new code, the hot water setting is set to a temperature that avoids scalding. The only problem is, I have to have the shower on almost full “hot” to get a hot shower. And the water pressure is low. Plus to get hot water in the kitchen and laundry... it is cooler than I’d like. Any solutions?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

There isn't one without voiding the warranty and changing the thermostat

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I’m pretty sure there is a setting you can change on the unit.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

I think Nickman’s right. When we moved into our house, we said the same thing to the builder and they had a plumber come and fix it.

Never took you for a shower guy General. I had you pegged for a bath guy. Being bathed by pure New Zealand imported spring water, heated by Purple Heart wood, with Tibetan Monks scrubbing you and constantly topping up the hot water
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Also, does anyone have experience with MS Teams? We've recently converted to it. My leader doesn't like that we use the "Teams" channel, as well as the "Chat" function, and has asked if there's a way I can link them. His dream state is to have a Chat tab in Teams... Anyone know if this is doable?

Im trying to suggest we just use the Teams as our Chat, but I thought I'd see if there's any experts out there
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Yeah, we use Teams all the time but we don't use the chat function that much... it does seem like any other group chatting service though, so why not just use it?

I don't understand your leader's opposition to it.