Off topic

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: Off topic

Post by -PJ- »

Your opinion, which you are entitled to.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

-PJ- wrote:Your opinion, which you are entitled to.
which is clearly incorrect.

Boju school camp to Canberra this week

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

bonehead wrote: April 8, 2019, 5:59 pm

How are you today boney ?
I hope Boju has a great trip to CBR..
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

bonehead wrote:

Ah boo
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

-PJ- wrote:
bonehead wrote: April 8, 2019, 5:59 pm

How are you today boney ?
I hope Boju has a great trip to CBR..
Yeah good mate, 3 and 1, perfect bottom 4 what can I say?

Edrick The Entertainer
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

-TW- wrote: April 7, 2019, 4:47 pm They should be commended for providing a community service

Tooheys is ****
Yup, Tooheys, VB, XXXX, Melbourne, any of the old beers are just absolute swill compared to any modern beer.

Do yourself a favour, Peej. Drink something modern for a few weeks, I'll bet you never go back to Tooheys.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

The Rickman wrote: April 9, 2019, 2:27 pm
-TW- wrote: April 7, 2019, 4:47 pm They should be commended for providing a community service

Tooheys is ****
Yup, Tooheys, VB, XXXX, Melbourne, any of the old beers are just absolute swill compared to any modern beer.

Do yourself a favour, Peej. Drink something modern for a few weeks, I'll bet you never go back to Tooheys.
Can't mate, I'm rusted on. It's my poison.

I've actually been drinking TEDs for a few years now after donkeys on the NEW.

I'm not going to condemn any mans favourite cold beer..except VB drinkers..they can ------ !!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I used to like Teddies too, but there's better beers now. You don't have to be "rusted on" to appreciate better beer. Try it, you might surprise yourself.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Stone and Wood is by far my favourite (Australian) beer right now. It's daylight to second too.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

The Rickman wrote: April 9, 2019, 3:22 pm Stone and Wood is by far my favourite (Australian) beer right now. It's daylight to second too.
That's ridiculous, and you should be ashamed of yourself. Self edit, or I'll take it out of your hands to protect the dignity of the page.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Ha..give it to him T_R..
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

The Rickman wrote:Stone and Wood is by far my favourite (Australian) beer right now. It's daylight to second too.
I found stone and wood flat and flavourless tbh

I think this calls for a beer review thread
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

-TW- wrote:
The Rickman wrote:Stone and Wood is by far my favourite (Australian) beer right now. It's daylight to second too.

Oh boy... I have about 3 years worth of reviews and ratings on UnTapped to provide
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Best Australian beer. Go.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Let's start on the big side.

Best DIPA.

I'm nominating Black Hops Superhornet with an honorable mention to Modus Operandi Future Factory.

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

T_R wrote:Best Australian beer. Go.
Never tried it.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Off topic

According to UnTapped, the best Aussie beer I’ve tried and rated was Dream Date by Burleigh Brewing Co.

In terms of brewery’s, I have a lot of beers by Cricketers Arms at the top of my Aussie Brewery list.
Last edited by FuiFui BradBrad on April 9, 2019, 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Finite
David Furner

Post by Finite »

-TW- wrote: April 9, 2019, 5:18 pm

Stone and Wood pacific ale is an outstanding session beer. Cloud catcher is also great. There are plenty of big in your face beers which are tasty as hell but it depends on the style and if you want to have 1 or 5. Its easy to pick some IBU beast and say it has way more flavour and is better but people need to understand the style and what the beer is trying to be.

Knappstein reserve lager was another great session beer one before they stopped making it. Other great easy to find Aussie session beers are Young Henrys Newtowner and Kosciuszko Pale Ale. Obviously little creatures and Coopers Sparkling are another easy to find go to beer that are good also. Coopers sparkling is quite a distinctive beer and different to a lot of other in the same category but I like bottle conditioned beers, I know a lot of people find them too dirty. Not surprising given most mainstream beer is filtered to within an edge of its life and then force carbonated.
Last edited by Finite on April 9, 2019, 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Finite
David Furner

Post by Finite »

T_R wrote: April 9, 2019, 5:28 pm Let's start on the big side.

Best DIPA.

I'm nominating Black Hops Superhornet with an honorable mention to Modus Operandi Future Factory.
Haven't had Superhornet, Future Factory is a little sweet but still nice. Riverside 777 and KAIJU! Aftermath also worth a mention
Last edited by Finite on April 9, 2019, 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Finite wrote:Knappstein reserve lager was another great session beer one before they stopped making it. Other great easy to find Aussie session beers are Young Henrys Newtowner and Kosciuszko Pale Ale. Obviously little creatures and Coopers Sparkling are another easy to find go to beer that are good also.
I’ve been getting on Newtowner a bit lately. I don’t mind that.

Anyone tried Innes and Gunn’s Bourbon beer? Now THAT is nectar of the Gods

Nickman's love of NSW
Finite
David Furner

Post by Finite »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: April 9, 2019, 7:06 pm
Finite wrote:Knappstein reserve lager was another great session beer one before they stopped making it. Other great easy to find Aussie session beers are Young Henrys Newtowner and Kosciuszko Pale Ale. Obviously little creatures and Coopers Sparkling are another easy to find go to beer that are good also.
I’ve been getting on Newtowner a bit lately. I don’t mind that.

Anyone tried Innes and Gunn’s Bourbon beer? Now THAT is nectar of the Gods
Yes nice beer. Just looked up my reviews. I gave it a 3.61/5. Best thing about this beer is the fresh grassy finish that comes through at the end which is really well done for a beer with such a malty profile. I love beers that have that second dimension that balances it out. For anyone who knows their beer it shows the brewer knows what they are doing. Anyone can chuck in a bucket of CTZ, give it a crazy name and slap a comical label on it. Making a well rounded beer that you want drink more of is another matter.
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

T_R wrote:Let's start on the big side.

Best DIPA.

Haven’t tried it yet but Newstead brewery
Butterfly effect is on my to drink list.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Finite wrote:
T_R wrote: April 9, 2019, 5:28 pm Let's start on the big side.

Best DIPA.

Haven't had Superhornet, Future Factory is a little sweet but still nice. Riverside 777 and KAIJU! Aftermath also worth a mention
Forgot about Aftermath. Had one at Mr Edwards in Brisbane. As good as any I've tried in this country.

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Finite wrote:
-TW- wrote: April 9, 2019, 5:18 pm

Stone and Wood pacific ale is an outstanding session beer. Cloud catcher is also great. There are plenty of big in your face beers which are tasty as hell but it depends on the style and if you want to have 1 or 5. Its easy to pick some IBU beast and say it has way more flavour and is better but people need to understand the style and what the beer is trying to be.

Knappstein reserve lager was another great session beer one before they stopped making it. Other great easy to find Aussie session beers are Young Henrys Newtowner and Kosciuszko Pale Ale. Obviously little creatures and Coopers Sparkling are another easy to find go to beer that are good also. Coopers sparkling is quite a distinctive beer and different to a lot of other in the same category but I like bottle conditioned beers, I know a lot of people find them too dirty. Not surprising given most mainstream beer is filtered to within an edge of its life and then force carbonated.
Big fan of Kozies

Didn't like the Newtowner that much

150 Lashes, Bentspoke Crankshaft and Barley Griffin are the favourites atm for me
Last edited by -TW- on April 9, 2019, 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

I've gone right off beer tbh, Mrs Bone works at a decent vineyard so I tend to go wine or somewhere in the rums straight off the bat.
My all time favourite beer was Hahn Premium, when it came out it was a game changer.

Edrick The Entertainer
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Imperial Stout

My favourite variety ever since my first sip of Mikkellar Brunch Weasel many moons ago.

But since we're doing Australians here, I think I'd go with Wild Thing from Murrays, which is like drinking a glass of sweet tar. For sheer novelty value, I'd give an honourable mention to Stockade's The Mountie Maple.

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Boju and the messiah Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Bourbon or nothing

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

bonehead wrote: April 10, 2019, 1:23 pm Boju and the messiah Image

That's a great photo boner !!!!
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

One of the best Imperial Stouts I’ve had was at a brewery in Mudgee. Mudgee Mud.

Definitely would recommend

Nickman's love of NSW
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

-PJ- wrote:
bonehead wrote: April 10, 2019, 1:23 pm Boju and the messiah Image

That's a great photo boner !!!!
Yeah I was pretty chuffed when it got sent to me, sitting in a training session in the back blocks of brisvegas it brightened my day.
A few of the qld polar bear's finest nectars at Eagle Street finished the day off well

Edrick The Entertainer
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote:Bourbon or nothing

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
You’d drink it with coke too, I’d wager?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

So two awesome bonsai artists are offering workshops in August and I've booked in for one. It goes from 9 to 4pm and you bring a tree or several in and the pro offers assistance to create a bonsai. There is usually about 8 - 12 spots available plus observers. I'm really excited about it.

So this is a clip of the guy I'll be learning from
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eGkXryxUehc&t=4s

And this is the other guy
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d2HNJh8XBt8&t=77s

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

News breaking of Notre Dame cathedral on fire
https://www.news.com.au/world/europe/th ... bf6b230762
So depressing

Nickman's love of NSW
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

That’s awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk