Off topic

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: Off topic

Post by -PJ- »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: May 14, 2021, 6:30 am I’ve had this weird foot pain the last couple of years. Never got it checked out because it’s usually gone after a couple of days, and only happens once a year.

This time I’ve had it twice in two months, and this ones lasted a bit longer, so I’ve been able to make it to a Doc while it’s happening.

It just feels like a bad sprain in the arch of my foot, at it’s worst it’s nearly impossible to walk on. Got X Rays yesterday, hoping I find out what’s wrong today
You’ve got gout..

Do you eat vegemite ?

Get off the vegemite.

I’ve got gout. Haven’t had an episode since 1996.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

-PJ- wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: May 14, 2021, 6:30 am I’ve had this weird foot pain the last couple of years. Never got it checked out because it’s usually gone after a couple of days, and only happens once a year.

This time I’ve had it twice in two months, and this ones lasted a bit longer, so I’ve been able to make it to a Doc while it’s happening.

It just feels like a bad sprain in the arch of my foot, at it’s worst it’s nearly impossible to walk on. Got X Rays yesterday, hoping I find out what’s wrong today
You’ve got gout..

Do you eat vegemite ?

Get off the vegemite.

Hahaha. My dad used to go on holidays and sink an absolute bucket load of grog and get gout. Then he'd blame it on the prawns. He came up with some concoction involving draining the starch off potatoes and drinking it. I used to just tell him to stop drinking so much.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

My younger son broke his arm in school rugby yesterday. Third time in three years he's finished a season in plaster. Absolutely gutted for him.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

gergreg wrote: May 14, 2021, 8:05 am
-PJ- wrote:

You’ve got gout..

Do you eat vegemite ?

Get off the vegemite.

Hahaha. My dad used to go on holidays and sink an absolute bucket load of grog and get gout. Then he'd blame it on the prawns. He came up with some concoction involving draining the starch off potatoes and drinking it. I used to just tell him to stop drinking so much.
Alcohol is a massive initiator for gout and I can’t understate that enough. But there’s a massive list of foods you should avoid as well. Google “gout” and have a read. Gout is caused by high uric acids levels. Booze and certain foods cause these levels to skyrocket.

My young adult life is well documented on here with you all. I love my beer, still do. But I drank plenty as a young man..everyday..hitting clubs and pubs till the wee hours of the morning. Getting 2hrs sleep and running 10k at 6am.

In 1996 I’d moved back to Newy after discharge and life was sweet. I went to bed one night and early morning I woke up, I was in agony. So much pain. My left foot felt like it was caught in a bear trap. I had to crawl down the hallway to get to the toilet..not kidding.

4 weeks off work because I could not walk at all. Could not put any pressure on my left foot whatsoever. Crutches for 3 of those weeks and limped around for a week when I realised it was improving just slightly every day.

At one stage I couldn’t even have a bed sheet touching my foot. I spent long hours with my left foot in an ice bath just to get some relief. It was a terrible time.

Today..my left foot feels weird..different..to my right. I’m in no pain today and have 100% normal movement in my left foot..I’m unhindered. But it does feel different.

My love of beer is still strong but as a more mature adult with responsibilities my intake is way down. Plus there’s a lot of foods I avoid these days..

@Fui..get it checked out mate. The doc will tell you exactly what he told me 25yrs ago.
- Ride it out
- Avoid this, avoid that.

My gout was severe. Of course some cases are not so.

Good luck.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

T_R wrote:My younger son broke his arm in school rugby yesterday. Third time in three years he's finished a season in plaster. Absolutely gutted for him.
that sucks TR

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

bonehead wrote: May 14, 2021, 9:13 am
T_R wrote:My younger son broke his arm in school rugby yesterday. Third time in three years he's finished a season in plaster. Absolutely gutted for him.
that sucks TR

Had state touch selection trials this weekend, too. I have a deeply upset 13 year old :(

And thanks, bonehead.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Hope he recovers quickly TR!
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

greeneyed wrote: May 14, 2021, 10:23 am Hope he recovers quickly TR!
Thanks GE - 10 weeks, apparently. Or, as measured in 13yo years, 'an eternity without measure' :lol:

zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

If the xray turns up nothing it could be just soft tissue or fasciitis. If you've got a stiff ankle or calf it can feed right through there as well. Taking a tennis ball and massaging the arch of your foot can clear that up in some cases. Easy enough to check out if you've got a ball at home.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

T_R wrote: May 14, 2021, 10:34 am
Thanks GE - 10 weeks, apparently. Or, as measured in 13yo years, 'an eternity without measure' :lol:
10 weeks for a broken arm? I thought this was the gentlemen's game. Wish him well.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

zim wrote:
Thanks GE - 10 weeks, apparently. Or, as measured in 13yo years, 'an eternity without measure' Image
10 weeks for a broken arm? I thought this was the gentlemen's game. Wish him well.
I'm riding with you TR, week 15 of 18 back to back leg cast's

Edrick The Entertainer
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

zim wrote: May 14, 2021, 10:40 am
He did not mess around this time...best break I've ever seen

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

bonehead wrote: May 14, 2021, 10:44 am
zim wrote:
Thanks GE - 10 weeks, apparently. Or, as measured in 13yo years, 'an eternity without measure' Image
I'm riding with you TR, week 15 of 18 back to back leg cast's

Yeah, I've been following :(

Ah, kid's sport.

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Off topic

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

zim wrote:

If the xray turns up nothing it could be just soft tissue or fasciitis. If you've got a stiff ankle or calf it can feed right through there as well. Taking a tennis ball and massaging the arch of your foot can clear that up in some cases. Easy enough to check out if you've got a ball at home.
Yeah I got the scans back. In the waiting room waiting for the doc.

I’ve been telling Mrs Fui I’m waiting to hear it’s Gout… hope not though! I don’t think it is though, since I’ve discovered this time that Voltaren soothes it… My other thinking was tendinitis of some sort, but I’m making an effort to avoid Dr Google.

@TR, hope Jr TR is doing alright

**Update** X Ray came back normal. Got an appointment for an Ultrasound on my foot, and had a blood test. Apparently the Ultrasound can pick up if its gout
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

old faithfulImage

Edrick The Entertainer
aussiegirl57
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Josh Papali

Post by aussiegirl57 »

Lemiwinks wrote: November 24, 2013, 7:50 pm In regards to certain threads going off course, I have tacken it on to start a 'bitching thread'. Here everyone can bitch about the NRL, conspiracies or whatever you like whilst keeping other threads on topic.
I want to complain about the slack service and appalling food we ordered from Crust Pizza in Goulburn, which is owned by Jarrod Croker, Captain of our Canberra Raiders.
In brief, we live in Goulburn and ordered delivery last night. We ordered a XL gourmet pizza w/ extra olives, a L classic pizza w/ extra avocado, and a Pasta Carbonara. We paid on the phone by cc. The order arrived and it had no L classic pizza. I was told that I had to pay. I informed the driver that I had already paid and she said she would check with her ‘boss’. I then asked where the other pizza was and she said she would be back in 10 minutes. In the interim, we found that the Carbonara was completely cold and the XL gourmet pizza looked really small, so we decided to measure it. It measured 10 inches and should have measured 13 inches. I phoned to complain and was told they had problems with dough shrinkage in the oven. I was offered a $10 voucher on my next purchase. Really?! Almost a half hour later the L classic pizza arrived (cold) with no extra avocado. By this time I was livid and had lost my appetite. A complete waste of money and a spoilt evening. Never again.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

That’s it, time to tell Croker he needs to get away from Pizza’s. He might be better suited to Wings
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Hey Fui..how’s the foot ?

Got a diagnosis ?
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

excellent 1st post just quietly

Edrick The Entertainer
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

aussiegirl57 wrote:
Lemiwinks wrote: November 24, 2013, 7:50 pm In regards to certain threads going off course, I have tacken it on to start a 'bitching thread'. Here everyone can bitch about the NRL, conspiracies or whatever you like whilst keeping other threads on topic.
I want to complain about the slack service and appalling food we ordered from Crust Pizza in Goulburn, which is owned by Jarrod Croker, Captain of our Canberra Raiders.
In brief, we live in Goulburn and ordered delivery last night. We ordered a XL gourmet pizza w/ extra olives, a L classic pizza w/ extra avocado, and a Pasta Carbonara. We paid on the phone by cc. The order arrived and it had no L classic pizza. I was told that I had to pay. I informed the driver that I had already paid and she said she would check with her ‘boss’. I then asked where the other pizza was and she said she would be back in 10 minutes. In the interim, we found that the Carbonara was completely cold and the XL gourmet pizza looked really small, so we decided to measure it. It measured 10 inches and should have measured 13 inches. I phoned to complain and was told they had problems with dough shrinkage in the oven. I was offered a $10 voucher on my next purchase. Really?! Almost a half hour later the L classic pizza arrived (cold) with no extra avocado. By this time I was livid and had lost my appetite. A complete waste of money and a spoilt evening. Never again.
Can't tackle, can't pass, can't captain, can't hold back the tears and for **** sake can't pizza or carbonara.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

T_R. How did the youngun break it? Same arm each time?
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

-PJ- wrote:Hey Fui..how’s the foot ?

Got a diagnosis ?
Yeah, back to normal. Diagnosis wasn’t that conclusive, X Ray showed it wasn’t skeletal, so went to a blood test. Uric Acid was slightly high, normal range is something - 50 and mine was 51, but this was as my foot was getting better.

Doc said it could potentially be Gout. Just got told to get the weight back in order, and get another blood test in 6 months

Nickman's love of NSW
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Shed door up at 11-30am.

I’m off to Bunnings but I’ll be back for opening time.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Staying at Port Stephens for the weekend, celebrating 10 years with Mrs Fui. Love it up here

Nickman's love of NSW
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Happy Fuiversary!
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Staying at Port Stephens for the weekend, celebrating 10 years with Mrs Fui. Love it up here
happy Anniversary mate, enjoy

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Who’s up for the blood moon tonight ?

Be outside at 9-18pm precisely for a look, it’s only hanging around for 14minutes.

Promises to be worth your while..
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

-PJ- wrote:Who’s up for the blood moon tonight ?

Be outside at 9-18pm precisely for a look, it’s only hanging around for 14minutes.

I'll try to stay woke

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

bonehead wrote: May 26, 2021, 4:10 pm
-PJ- wrote:Who’s up for the blood moon tonight ?

I'll try to stay woke

Tired ?

Working hard ?
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

The monster is now in bed and has been for an hour or so but earlier I asked her did she want to be awoken at 9-15pm so she can see the blood moon.

She politely declined the offer.

I told her it wasn’t going to happen again till Nov 2033 which would put her at 96 and this is an opportunity she should not miss..

Still said no.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

-PJ- wrote:The monster is now in bed and has been for an hour or so but earlier I asked her did she want to be awoken at 9-15pm so she can see the blood moon.

She politely declined the offer.

I told her it wasn’t going to happen again till Nov 2033 which would put her at 96 and this is an opportunity she should not miss..

Still said no.
Lady of volition, I like her

Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The astronomers advertising the blood moon tonight... I'm calling in the ACCC! I went out there at the height of the eclipse. It wasn't red at all. It was certainly eclipsing. But it wasn't red. It wasn't pink. For some reason, when you took a pic, it looked a bit red. But it wasn't worth going outside to look at it and be cold. It was a good chance to chat to the neighbours.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

greeneyed wrote: May 26, 2021, 10:49 pm The astronomers advertising the blood moon tonight... I'm calling in the ACCC! I went out there at the height of the eclipse. It wasn't red at all. It was certainly eclipsing. But it wasn't red. It wasn't pink. For some reason, when you took a pic, it looked a bit red. But it wasn't worth going outside to look at it and be cold. It was a good chance to chat to the neighbours.
It was the biggest let down since the last let down..
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Off topic

Post by The Nickman »

gergreg wrote:Just catching up on this thread, what sort of dog did you get Nickman and how is Boney jr?
He’s a shmoodle gerg and I’ll post photos shortly, but unfortunately I can’t tell you what’s going on with Boney jr.

Might have to ask Boney.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

The Nickman wrote:
gergreg wrote:Just catching up on this thread, what sort of dog did you get Nickman and how is Boney jr?
He’s a shmoodle gerg and I’ll post photos shortly, but unfortunately I can’t tell you what’s going on with Boney jr.

Might have to ask Boney.
he's bleeding green that's what

Edrick The Entertainer