Moderator: GH Moderators

the bone
John Ferguson

Re: Off topic

Post by the bone »

-PJ- wrote: January 17, 2021, 9:46 am
greeneyed wrote: January 17, 2021, 9:10 am
-PJ- wrote: January 17, 2021, 7:12 am
Then later on in the arv we went into Horseshoe beach and watched a few coal ships going in and out.

I had Subway for dinner..
You ‘ol romantic!
It gets better..she paid for the Sub.
Did she let you get a drink and cookie? Congrats by the way!
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

-PJ- wrote:
bonehead wrote: January 16, 2021, 8:40 pm Happy Anniversary big rig.

Long day, family breakfast at our go to Cafe and all day at the beach

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Thanks boner,

Had a quiet one. MrsPJ had a first aid course to attend yesterday morning. Then later on in the arv we went into Horseshoe beach and watched a few coal ships going in and out. It was real busy, plenty dropping a line in the harbour..

I take it there was no cricket yesterday.
in and out, footlong, I see where this is going

t20 comp, I give that a miss

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

bonehead wrote: January 17, 2021, 11:54 am
-PJ- wrote:
bonehead wrote: January 16, 2021, 8:40 pm Happy Anniversary big rig.

Long day, family breakfast at our go to Cafe and all day at the beach

Thanks boner,

Had a quiet one. MrsPJ had a first aid course to attend yesterday morning. Then later on in the arv we went into Horseshoe beach and watched a few coal ships going in and out. It was real busy, plenty dropping a line in the harbour..

I take it there was no cricket yesterday.
in and out, footlong, I see where this is going

t20 comp, I give that a miss

6 inches mate..I had a massive lunch.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Big news coming from the mountains. Five Guys is opening their first store in Penrith
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

The monsters celebrating another birthday today.

Happy Birthday ole girl..8️⃣4️⃣
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

-PJ- wrote:The monsters celebrating another birthday today.

Happy Birthday ole girl..
HB to the dragoon

Boneyjr has foot surgery this afternoon, will be a long boring day

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

bonehead wrote: January 22, 2021, 6:14 am
-PJ- wrote:The monsters celebrating another birthday today.

Happy Birthday ole girl..
HB to the dragoon

Boneyjr has foot surgery this afternoon, will be a long boring day

Hope all goes ok for Boneyjr.

He’ll be back sprint training soon enough..
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

There was a shark attack in LakMac yesterday.

Yarrawonga Park is down the southern end of the lake. A 58yr old man bitten on the arm at approx 6-30pm Saturday evening and was airlifted to JHH in a serious but stable condition.

It was only a matter of time this happpened.

Council need to hurry along with the netting of swimming baths around the lake, which has been asked for by residents for years. There’s been sharks in LakMac for years..everybody knows it.

I hope the dude recovers..I really do..BUT swimming at dusk is a brain dead play..
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

BJ wrote:
gergreg wrote:For our work Christmas party we went to a painting and wine afternoon. We all painted an emu and had a few drinks. Something different and it was actually a heap of fun. I'd recommend it to anyone. They even have children's sessions, without the alcohol.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
The old Paint and Pinot.

I prefer Graffiti and Goon bag down here in Tuggeranong.
So the emu was my very first attempt at any sort of art at all. I recently had a week off work and spent a few hours watching a YouTube clip and painting. With a few ciders too, but a bit drunk in the end. Of course it is nowhere near as good as the YouTube clip but still pretty happy with the result. Image

Shoving it in your face since 2017
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

And the funky emuImage

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

geezus nice work, I helped boneyjr with his school mixed media art was hard enough

Edrick The Entertainer
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

-PJ- wrote:There was a shark attack in LakMac yesterday.

Yarrawonga Park is down the southern end of the lake. A 58yr old man bitten on the arm at approx 6-30pm Saturday evening and was airlifted to JHH in a serious but stable condition.

It was only a matter of time this happpened.

Council need to hurry along with the netting of swimming baths around the lake, which has been asked for by residents for years. There’s been sharks in LakMac for years..everybody knows it.

I hope the dude recovers..I really do..BUT swimming at dusk is a brain dead play..
we were out swimming off the boat(inlaws 26ft) in the lake near pulbah one day, I was fishing off the front while the others swam off the back.
Bites at my bait stopped so I reeled in and went to go swim, father inlaw asked everyone to come out into the boat pretty calmly then points out a decent fin about 15m off the boat.

Edrick The Entertainer
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Nightmare with kids rugby up on the Coast this year - clubs really, really struggling to get teams together. Younger son (u13s) will have to move to a club with a team at the appropriate age, while older son (u15s) will go into the year with only one guy on the bench. Apparently league is in even worse shape, with kids having to drive down to Brisbane to get a game.

Only a decade ago, clubs all had multiple teams at each age group, whereas now whole clubs are folding. Dire stuff.

On the plus side, both T_R kids a red hot chance at rep footy this year, after it was all cancelled in 2020. Older lad has emerged from a summer in the gym, and is a chance at QLD Country, I fancy. Can't wait for the new season, whatever it brings.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

junior sport not what it was unfortunately but if rugby dies then that's a sacrifice we'll all be willing to make.
Don't worry elite rugby juniors generally crossover to league well enough

Edrick The Entertainer
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Is it just a blip because of Covid?

Boney I played rugby as a kid. Great game to play but tough to watch.

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

No, a long term trend unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Well, the lamb is in the smoker, the pitch is mowed, the beer is cold.

Happy Australia Day everyone!
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

T_R wrote:No, a long term trend unfortunately.

My fondest memories growing up are rugby, little athletics and cricket so sad to hear this. All my girls care about is ballet atm but at least they still enjoy swimming and they're keen to start running. I'm hoping they take up some team sport in the next few years though.

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

I remember Bill Woods interviewing Phil Waugh on Bill and Boz last year, saying it’s a worrying trend across Rugby. Randwick(?) has seen a drop in memberships across a few years as well.
They were talking about Rugby having higher registration costs than most other games, which is driving away juniors. I remembered they compared it to AFL, where junior registrations are amongst the cheapest due to all these subsidies.

Do you think it’s a cost thing up there as well TR?
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

gergreg wrote:Is it just a blip because of Covid?

Boney I played rugby as a kid. Great game to play but tough to watch.

it's for the greater good haha.
Once got approached to join rugby, was playing prop in league told them I was an outside centre they were a bit unsure if I was fair dinkum

Edrick The Entertainer
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: January 26, 2021, 10:25 am

I remember Bill Woods interviewing Phil Waugh on Bill and Boz last year, saying it’s a worrying trend across Rugby. Randwick(?) has seen a drop in memberships across a few years as well.
They were talking about Rugby having higher registration costs than most other games, which is driving away juniors. I remembered they compared it to AFL, where junior registrations are amongst the cheapest due to all these subsidies.

Do you think it’s a cost thing up there as well TR?
I doubt it's financial. We pay about $350 a year, and a lot of that goes into kit (the rest insurance, I guess). There's government funding for people who can't afford it that would cover half, too. I know at our club if someone couldn't pay the rest, someone else would chuck in, or we'd raid the sausage sizzle funds or something - definitely no one would miss out for financial reasons.

So no, it's not that. Competition from soccer is a big issue up here in Noosa, but I'm not sure what else is going on. Damn shame, though.

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

It's the top down thing.

If the elite game struggles for traction, it flows downwards to juniors

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

So my Bourbon beer did not work at all. It didn’t ferment, so I popped the bottle and it just tasted like the sample pre-priming.

Back to the drawing board. I’m thinking it might have been because I put the bourbon essence in during fermentation. Next time I’ll put it in after.

In the meantime, I’m going back to ciders, and having a crack at an Apple and Raspberry Fui original

Nickman's love of NSW
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Don't most bourbon beers just use an old bourbon barrel for fermentation, rather than adding it?

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Off topic

Yeah they do. I was getting around that by adding bourbon essence and bourbon barrel wood chips in the secondary after fermenting.

Apparently it’s the way to do it when you don’t have a bourbon barrel

Nickman's love of NSW
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Took Boneyjr out to breakfast, really enjoying the 1 on 1 time with him lately.

Edrick The Entertainer
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

bonehead wrote:Took Boneyjr out to breakfast, really enjoying the 1 on 1 time with him lately.

That’s not what he’s been saying
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

The Nickman wrote:
bonehead wrote:Took Boneyjr out to breakfast, really enjoying the 1 on 1 time with him lately.

That’s not what he’s been saying
he just loves food he'll put up with me for that

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

bonehead wrote: February 20, 2021, 10:07 am Took Boneyjr out to breakfast, really enjoying the 1 on 1 time with him lately.

Tell the truth.

You want him to mow the lawn and wash your car. Earn his keep.

Breakfast is to get him on board.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

-PJ- wrote:
bonehead wrote: February 20, 2021, 10:07 am Took Boneyjr out to breakfast, really enjoying the 1 on 1 time with him lately.

Tell the truth.

You want him to mow the lawn and wash your car. Earn his keep.

Breakfast is to get him on board.
16 more days in the cast......

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Give him time to heal boney..
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Oh boy.. had a planned day off tomorrow to watch the daughter in a swimming carnival, also my b'day too.

Then what a pleasant surprise to receive a jury duty notice for tomorrow - received today.

Some poor bastard is receiving a life sentence for jaywalking.

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

gergreg wrote: March 2, 2021, 9:20 pm Oh boy.. had a planned day off tomorrow to watch the daughter in a swimming carnival, also my b'day too.

Then what a pleasant surprise to receive a jury duty notice for tomorrow - received today.

Some poor bastard is receiving a life sentence for jaywalking.

I got called up a couple of years ago and got dicked around 3 times on the eve of turning up. 3 false starts then finally got in there and sat around in a room with 100 others waiting for my number to be called out. It wasn’t..it was a long day. On the upside the sheriff payed me $122 for my services. All I did is eat donuts and drink coffee.

Happy Birthday mate..
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

hb Gergreg

my old man did the "oh I didn't hear you, can't hear well in here" you're excused

Edrick The Entertainer
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I was able to defer for a few months. Hopefully the timing will be a little better because I'm a little intrigued with the process.