Off topic

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Off topic

Post by greeneyed »

We got to a high of 6.4C today. Rain all day but only 1.6mm.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Strop has passed away..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

There’s not enough traffic here.

Cmon boys and girls.

I’m coming off this 12hr roster and going back to normal 8s next week..that’s something !!
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Yeah it’s been pretty quiet.

I’ve hit the 9kg mark in my weight loss adventure. About 2 months in and I feel like I’m starting to see results.

Hoping the lockdown extends into September, so I can give this 6 week workout regime a right proper shake before I have to head back into the office
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

getting pumped at work

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Lamenting Actions
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Grace Kemp

Post by Lamenting Actions »

-PJ- wrote: July 23, 2021, 7:01 pm Strop has passed away..
Why in threes. Why.

Strop
Jordinson from Slipknot
Now Dusty from ZZ Top

While I'm a metalhead, Dusty going has hit hard. I grew up with and still love ZZ top.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Queenslanders - What's the deal with Russell Island property? Trying to understand why the price of land is under $100k there? Yeah it's an Island, but some of the views the blocks have are mindblowing.

I'm tempted to look into it more, and sit on it / have it as a weekender, but I don't know what the catch is
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Lamenting Actions
Glenn Lazarus

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: July 30, 2021, 3:35 pm Queenslanders - What's the deal with Russell Island property? Trying to understand why the price of land is under $100k there? Yeah it's an Island, but some of the views the blocks have are mindblowing.

I'm tempted to look into it more, and sit on it / have it as a weekender, but I don't know what the catch is
https://www.homely.com.au/russell-islan ... e-on-the-i

$2000 a piece for land in the 70s apparently. "Apparently".
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Lamenting Actions wrote: July 30, 2021, 3:41 pm
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: July 30, 2021, 3:35 pm Queenslanders - What's the deal with Russell Island property? Trying to understand why the price of land is under $100k there? Yeah it's an Island, but some of the views the blocks have are mindblowing.

https://www.homely.com.au/russell-islan ... e-on-the-i

$2000 a piece for land in the 70s apparently. "Apparently".
Yeah I was reading that blog also.

1,000m2 blocks ranging from 40k - 90k
https://www.realestate.com.au/buy/prope ... refinement

Nickman's love of NSW
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

There was a famous property scam, which has damaged the reputation of the place and supressed prices: https://propertyupdate.com.au/the-russe ... investors/
Lamenting Actions
Glenn Lazarus

The internet infrastructure there is comparable to the early 2000s from what I've read. That would be a deal breaker for me lol.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Queenslanders - What's the deal with Russell Island property? Trying to understand why the price of land is under $100k there? Yeah it's an Island, but some of the views the blocks have are mindblowing.

Mosquitoes, sandflies and mud. I have a friend of a friend who has been trying to unload some inherited property for years. Not a very pleasant place to live.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I hear pigman has some prime swampland you may also be interested in?
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

T_R wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Queenslanders - What's the deal with Russell Island property? Trying to understand why the price of land is under $100k there? Yeah it's an Island, but some of the views the blocks have are mindblowing.

Mosquitoes, sandflies and mud. I have a friend of a friend who has been trying to unload some inherited property for years. Not a very pleasant place to live.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

That’s it, a solid no from me

Nickman's love of NSW
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

you can keep your filthy covid in Sydney, I'm vaccinated and enjoying a cracking afternoon

Edrick The Entertainer
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Looks good bonehead!
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Still a good time to prune those roses mate.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

At what point do you start actively applying for a job outside your current employment?
I've lost basically all respect for my boss and despite generally being invested in my job I'm not sure going forward that's a tenable thing.

Edrick The Entertainer
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Depends on where you’re at. With new bosses, I usually start thinking around 6 months. Generally at this point they’ve seen the ropes, and are starting to put their touches to things and you can gauge where they’re going and if things will improve.

By 12 months, you know what they’re like and whether they’re going to work for you. No one can fake themselves for longer than 12 months.

So if you’re in that 6-12 month window, Id be considering it.

Nickman's love of NSW
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Q: Inspired from your brewing journey, I got some stuff to whip up and make my next batch. This is the first batch I’ve actually cooked up from scratch. Took me about 3 hours from boiling the pot of water to putting it into the fermenter.

Found this recipe for a Cincinnati Pale.. never heard of it, so I’m hoping it’s good. If I nail this, it’ll open my world up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nickman's love of NSW
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Depends on where you’re at. With new bosses, I usually start thinking around 6 months. Generally at this point they’ve seen the ropes, and are starting to put their touches to things and you can gauge where they’re going and if things will improve.

By 12 months, you know what they’re like and whether they’re going to work for you. No one can fake themselves for longer than 12 months.

over 2yrs, I get the feeling he wants me gone

Edrick The Entertainer
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

bonehead wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Depends on where you’re at. With new bosses, I usually start thinking around 6 months. Generally at this point they’ve seen the ropes, and are starting to put their touches to things and you can gauge where they’re going and if things will improve.

Then yeah, you’ve given them more time than I would have.

What industry are you in Boner? I wouldn’t be a good risk advisor if I didn’t tell you to weigh up the pros and cons, factoring looking while in a pandemic etc.

Nickman's love of NSW
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
bonehead wrote:

Then yeah, you’ve given them more time than I would have.

What industry are you in Boner? I wouldn’t be a good risk advisor if I didn’t tell you to weigh up the pros and cons, factoring looking while in a pandemic etc.
looking at the new Kurri power station, I'd like to get in on the start of construction and stay into the running of it.

Edrick The Entertainer
Lamenting Actions
Glenn Lazarus

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: August 2, 2021, 6:15 pm Q: Inspired from your brewing journey, I got some stuff to whip up and make my next batch. This is the first batch I’ve actually cooked up from scratch. Took me about 3 hours from boiling the pot of water to putting it into the fermenter.

Found this recipe for a Cincinnati Pale.. never heard of it, so I’m hoping it’s good. If I nail this, it’ll open my world up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rewarding experience. I recently did a Schwarzbier that sorted me out for months. Made 23 litres of the stuff. A good change from Pales and IPAs.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Yeah I have this idea for a Fui original. Had a crack at making it at the start of the year, but it didn’t work. Using this as a guinea pig, before going back to the drawing board

Nickman's love of NSW
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Calls from public pay phones will be free.

Local, national.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Off topic

Only for a maximum of 6hrs though..

Nickman's love of NSW
Lamenting Actions
Glenn Lazarus

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: August 2, 2021, 7:15 pm Yeah I have this idea for a Fui original. Had a crack at making it at the start of the year, but it didn’t work. Using this as a guinea pig, before going back to the drawing board
Cincinnati using Citra and Cascade?

I found this bloke locally here in the 'Riff (Pat), who makes wort kits: https://caseysbeer.com.au/fresh-wort-kits/

I'm depriving myself of the experience you are having, but it's ultra convenient. Literally water + wort + the yeast and keep it at 18c while checking gravity. 1 week later (doing ales atm) and bottle it.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Lamenting Actions wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: August 2, 2021, 7:15 pm Yeah I have this idea for a Fui original. Had a crack at making it at the start of the year, but it didn’t work. Using this as a guinea pig, before going back to the drawing board

I found this bloke locally here in the 'Riff (Pat), who makes wort kits: https://caseysbeer.com.au/fresh-wort-kits/

I'm depriving myself of the experience you are having, but it's ultra convenient. Literally water + wort + the yeast and keep it at 18c while checking gravity. 1 week later (doing ales atm) and bottle it.
Cascade and Northern I used.

I know Casey’s. I’ve been there a few times. I got my first batch of bottles from there. I envy their set up.

Nickman's love of NSW
Lamenting Actions
Glenn Lazarus

Just watching the 1990 game 2 of the Lions vs Kangaroos on youtube. The commentators and Wally Lewis absolutely pasted the living hell out of the French referee on air. "They should take the whistle of the bloke as quickly as possible and only give it back to him if he gets a job as a postman." - Lewis.

What golden times they were.
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: August 3, 2021, 10:49 pm
Lamenting Actions wrote:

Cascade and Northern I used.

I know Casey’s. I’ve been there a few times. I got my first batch of bottles from there. I envy their set up.
Oh yeah you're just up the road from me.

My partner's father is a brewer and envies his setup as well. Pat brewed in England for long time before coming back to Australia. Walking encyclopedia that guy. His wife is Japanese which explained a lot of the Japanese themed beers there. Speaking of which, I just had Dan Smurphy's deliver me some stuff which includes some Asahi Black. Unreal drop.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Officially hit the 10kg lost mark since end of May

Nickman's love of NSW
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Officially hit the 10kg lost mark since end of May
good job mcFui

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Ive lost 1kg.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

-PJ- wrote:Ive lost 1kg.
Any loss is a loss!

Nickman's love of NSW