Off topic

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Re: Off topic

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Hmm, that’s interesting. I usually dry the meat out for 3hrs, no liquid at this point, then add butter and cider for liquid, wrap it in alfoil, and cook it in that for the last 3hrs.

So with that, it would make sense to add the moisture in the last 3hrs, because that’s when you’re putting the flavour back in
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Meat smoking is not my area of expertise (other than sampling the outcome) but I asked a mate who's done a course on it. Wetting wood chips is normally done to prevent them catching fire. If using blocks/logs then it's not necessary.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

That makes sense, my course was pro-blocks, so that explains why they were also anti-wetting
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

One more shift tonight and I'm on holidays for 3 weeks.

Can't wait to sit at home and do nothing..

Damn you Corona.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Post by Northern Raider »

Hellooooo Netflix
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

-PJ- wrote: April 23, 2020, 2:48 pm One more shift tonight and I'm on holidays for 3 weeks.

Can't wait to sit at home and do nothing..

Damn you Corona.
Let me talk to you about... the Tiger King

Nickman's love of NSW
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

It gets worse boys..

MrsPJ is home as well.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

ouch, I've just got through a day of wfh, multiple pineapples from my multiple bosses (all have since apologised) added in Mrs Bone and the kids here.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Just got home off night shift and I'm on hols for 3 weeks.
Usually I take a 3-4hr power nap to recharge a very flat battery but not this morning.
MrsPJ is going shopping so I'll tag along, find bacon for breakfast somewhere and grab beer..

A very different Anzac Day tomorrow to what I'm usually up for as well..
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

What a fantastic sight in my street the past 45mins or so.

Neighbours..most I know..some I don't..all standing in their driveways holding candles or torches.

To all our servicemen and women..past and present..THANK YOU !!

Lest we forget..

Today I will drink in your honour.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Was interesting, our end of the estate was only a few out but eery the way the last post sounded.
Other end of the estate was very solid showing by all reports.

Edrick The Entertainer
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Is the monster home too?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

dubby wrote: April 25, 2020, 9:54 am Is the monster home too?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Yes she's home. She's been in lockdown for close to 5 weeks. All her favourite cafes are closed, she's at home annoying the crap out of MrsPJ..

If the ole girl says"may I suggest"one more time I'm digging the hole...
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

bonehead wrote: April 25, 2020, 9:42 am Was interesting, our end of the estate was only a few out but eery the way the last post sounded.
Other end of the estate was very solid showing by all reports.

My neighbour across from me had his car radio up pretty loud at 5-45am. The last post and reveille echoed through our cul-de-sac.

And when the sun was coming up I got this emotion boiling over. It was a beautiful moment.

And at 6-10am..when it was all over..I yelled across the street to my neighbour Chris.."shed door up at 11-30 mate, time for refreshments, don't forget social distancing"

No prob !!
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Daughter's bday Monday so we are partying at home all day, can't have family here sucks

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

It sure does suck boner, best wishes to your daughter mate..

On the upside..my mother hasn't been here for months..

:thumbsup
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Ok..this thread(my fav)is pretty much dead and I'd like to spark it up with story time..

But first I'll need the go ahead..

I have some beauties..so what you all think.

No Bull here..all truth..as it happened..I swear..

Get back..
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

make it so

Edrick The Entertainer
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Do it.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Ok.
Truth.

Hong Kong 1990.

We'd been in HK for about 5 weeks, we'd done the work and were given 7days leave to explore etc before flying home. Under strict instruction there were only two rules...

1. Never be alone
2. Always carry a condom.

So one night we were in this nightclub. I don't remember the name of the joint but I do recall it was below street level..underground. There was approx 6-7 of us having a crawl. Anyway we met up with a few local girls and hung out with them all night..you know..flirting, dancing etc. We had been in this club for ever and around 5-30am it was time to stagger back to the barracks we were staying at.

So we left the club and when we reached street level the sun was coming up. It had been a all nighter..a normal night out for us right ?. The walk back to barracks was only 20 mins. We had been in and around town for a few days and knew where we were..

What happened next...

As we were walking home a car pulled up right in front of us, followed by another and another and another. We were drunktards so numbers are dodgy but I reckon there were maybe 10 cars. Then all these dudes jumped out from these vehicles and totally surrounded us in a semi circle as such. We were backed up against a wall if you could imagine and surrounded by a "gang".

Now..without taking the piss and over exaggerating the situation I reckon there was maybe 20-30 of them. Of course being Aussie and full of grog we weren't too concerned at first. We had no idea what we had done to upset these pricks and certainly didn't want to die in Main Street Honkers. So while remaining calm we summed up the situation. Firstly they had no weapons..that we could see anyway. That was a good thing..

There was 6 of us to maybe 20+ of them so an all in was a disadvantage to us. We knew we were up against it but kept our cool.

The "gang" had a ring leader. A smallish dude standing out front of his pose doing a lot of talking and finger pointing at us. A reminder we had no idea why these a-holes were here. This guy didn't let up. We had no clue what he was saying(Chinese) and in return they didn't understand us either.

Now..I must admit I was a little nervy but was fine with dying while having a dig if required. Amoung our group was a bloke called Eric< real name.. A very large human. We all stood behind Eric for safety. We were talking among ourselves about our choices here. How do we get out of this alive ? It was a serious situation.

Eric says.." This little piece of **** seems to be the boss, how about I just pound him into the ground and see what happens ?" Now, we had no doubt Eric could indeed pound this dude and pound him hard but we were worried about the aftermath of Eric's assault.

So again we talked about the outcome among ourselves while this little fella continued to scream at us and point fingers..

Eventually we agreed that Eric should go ahead and punish this big mouthed idiot and see what happens. Knowing well and good there was a chance these blokes could pull knives or guns and we'd all be and a serious spot.

So once more Eric says, how about I just punch this one fair in the face, nothing to lose here right !

Right Eric !! Do it..

Eric throws a straight hard blow..the dude is OUT !!

Here's what happened next..

When the bloke hits the ground we are on standby for battle..

But the remaining blokes jump in their cars and pearce off leaving their boss unconscious on the pavement..

That's the dirt, as it happened..
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Wow Peej! Everyone needs an Eric to keep the peace by the sound of things.

I’m liking the idea of this thread being a story thread. I have some that I could pull out

Nickman's love of NSW
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: April 26, 2020, 6:38 pm Wow Peej! Everyone needs an Eric to keep the peace by the sound of things.

I’m liking the idea of this thread being a story thread. I have some that I could pull out
Do it Fui..
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I sent a new recruit to supply to be issued his body bag..

"Good morning SGT, my corporal sent me down here for a body bag"

Funny..
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

When I was working in a bakery in Cobargo back in my teens, I got an apprentice to go to the Co Op and get elbow grease.

In Cobargo, there’s a max 10 shops on the Main Street. Once they got to the Co Op, the guys knew what was happening. They said they were out, and sent him to the servo. Servo knew what was going on, sent him to the corner store, who told him he was had.

Good hour spent

Nickman's love of NSW
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Elbow grease ?

Nice..

Left handed screw driver..or..a long weight ?
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Your story though reminded me of when I used to work as a pizza delivery boy. I did it for a year when I first moved to Blacktown because 1. Free food 2. I thought it would be a good way to learn my way around the place.

So 6 months in, I’m doing a delivery to this shadyish area. On the way, my GF at the time calls me and breaks up with me. So I’m in all sorts, trying to figure things out. Get out of the car, compose myself, and see the guy waiting for the pizza. I ask him how he is, he grabs me by the arm, and tells me to hand over the money. I feel this pressure on my side, and he tells me it’s a knife. I hand over the money, which was $20 in change, and then he asks for my phone, so I hand over my 3210. He then starts walking off, and without thinking I yell out “While you’re at it, do you want the pizza and drink?” He told me I could keep it, which I thought was nice.

Anyway, go back to the store and report it in. They take me to the police station, give them all the details. I have them the pizza docket, and told them it has an address on it, but it’s probably fake.

The next day, my manager told me they went to the address on the docket, saw he matched my description and arrested him on the spot.

Nickman's love of NSW
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Wow Fui, did ya go home and change ya shorts ?

Back in my teens we used to go the the beach in my mates car. Boards on the racks, $10 in the tank and away we'd go.

One time we stopped for petrol. I was sitting up front in the passenger seat. Two mates in the back and of course our buddy the car owner/driver. So he's pumping the fuel and when he walks into the servo PJ flipped into ahole mode.

On my command we wound the windows up, locked the doors and layed down low so no one else at the servo could see us(it looked like the car was empty). Then I held my hand on the horn..full on..it must have been 2-3 minutes. Old mate..standing in line to pay the cashier is going off by now. He comes rushing outside and is screaming at us..even though to onlookers he's yelling at an empty car. He's right up by the car windows pointing at us, begging us to stop the horn and end his misery..and I'm below door level holding the horn on..

It was hilarious..

From that day on he always took his keys out of the ignition and took them with him..
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

so i was probably 19 or 20 still lived at the parents which was convenient as the end of their street led into the bush.
I had an old $100- honda trail bike so did a mate but he also had an 800cc Suzuki 4x4 (2 seater but we bolted seatbelts in the back with milk crates under fabric).
This one time we decided to go up the bush to our favourite spot, 4 of us boys, the other 2 mates took the Suzuki and 2 of us on bikes.
Get halfway up a decent hill on a fire trail here's the firies clearing but packing up, their boss asks our 4x4 driver if we're going for a shoot? he mumbled a reply that was yeah and they let us through, the trails are graded all the way and it's unreal.
Hours later maybe 2am my mate says to me "i'm outta bourbon let's go for a ride" I realised my Bundy was all gone and I'd finished half a carton earlier. We grab the bikes take off, he's got a headlight I don't. 10mins up the trail his headlight blows and I'm into the trees at maybe 50 or 60kmh. Bounced around I can hear him cursing and then a minute or so later the Suzuki comes up the track and finds us both crashed, about this point one of the boys points out I'm wearing a beanie not a helmet.

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I had to have a chuckle yesterday. Listening to the radio and Queensland premier Anastasia Pallettstack was talking about the lifting of some restrictions in her state in the next week or so.

She mentioned the opening of some retail stores.

"If you need to go buy some clothes or shoes you will be able to do that" she says.
" You'll still need to practice social distancing" she says.
" This is not an invitation to spend hour after hour walking around shopping centres" she says.
" This is not a chance to go window shopping" she says.
" Make a list, get what you need and head home" she says.

And I'm thinking..JUST LIKE GUYS DO..EVERY SINGLE TIME :lol:
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

The female cashier refused to exchange my 2X$2 coins for 4X$1 coins today.

I approached the counter with my coins and asked very politely for 4X$1 coins.

She says" sorry I can't do that, you have to buy something"

PJ- Really..you're taking the piss.
Cashier- No sir, you have to buy something.

So I grab a 45c redskin and put it down on the counter.

Cashier- 45c please.

I hand the cashier a $1 coin..she gives me the correct change.

PJ- Thank you, could I please get my 4X$1 coins now please ?
Cashier- Yes.

I hand over my change and she gives me back what i need.

PJ- Thanks again, here's a redskin, have a great day.

I leave the redskin on the counter and walk out.

Truth..
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

"we're contactless for all our safety" gives cash out with a purchase

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

There's too much stupid going on.

Ain't that right Latrell ?

People need to use some grey matter, the Pres was only joking about injecting disinfectant..

Switch on ****..
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Should have got a refund on the redskin.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

When did dogs/puppies get so expensive? I'm okay with rescue or rspca dogs but not interested in a pit bull and almost every rescue dog I see is some sort of pit mix. My boss just bought a golden retriever and it was about 5k. I don't need a show dog but there doesn't seem to be a lot of choice out there.

I like the look and size of a mini pinscher but they'll be about 5k. My dream dog is a German shepherd but we've only got a small yard.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Purebred dogs are stupidly expensive for something that's gonna lay around the house for the majority of the day.

If I was allowed to have a dog I'd go get a mutt from the pound

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk