Michael or other lawyers rip this a new one please

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Re: Michael or other lawyers rip this a new one please

Post by Manbush »

Yeah have spoken to a lawyer casually about it over a beer, pretty much as I expected any signed contract can easily be challenged, not always worth the paper they're printed on, lol the fact she practices family law swings the knowledge firmly in her hands, but as I've said I've considered the worst case scenarios and they're risks I'm willing to take. Also spoken to someone who was from an anonymous donor and they really wish they could know who their dad is let alone have contact.

There are heaps of risks but also benefits for all involved, if I don't do it I know I'll regret it especially with seeing the inevitable photos of the child she'd have
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Manbush... please don't speak to a lawyer CASUALLY. Please speak to a real lawyer who represents you. Honestly, I'm not wanting to step in the way, or anything like that. But, I'm some fairly independent person who knows you, sort of vaguely, and I can see legal minefields all over the place. PLEASE, HIRE a lawyer in finalising this.
Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael »

Manbush wrote:Yeah have spoken to a lawyer casually about it over a beer, pretty much as I expected any signed contract can easily be challenged, not always worth the paper they're printed on, lol the fact she practices family law swings the knowledge firmly in her hands
This is idiocy, pure and simple. For god's sake, get some proper legal advice.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Michael wrote:
Manbush wrote:Yeah have spoken to a lawyer casually about it over a beer, pretty much as I expected any signed contract can easily be challenged, not always worth the paper they're printed on, lol the fact she practices family law swings the knowledge firmly in her hands
This is idiocy, pure and simple. For god's sake, get some proper legal advice.
Manbush... you have your own GH lawyer telling you to HIRE YOUR OWN LAWYER! Honestly, you really need to get your own legal advice, as in a REAL LAWYER! As in Michael is IMO, a good lawyer... but even though I don't know him, but he's a respectable lawyer and he's telling you... GET A LAWYER! I mean, honestly, how many times do we have to hit you over the head with this?
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

the guy is going to do what he wants to do. We're not going to change his mind and i dont think a lawyer will either (though i agree its absolute lunacy to go through with this without consulting one properly)

So in light of that, good luck with it Manbush, hope it all goes well
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Manbush... I'm not trying to impact your decision. I'd wish you best wishes with whatever you do. I'm just saying, please get a real lawyer. And a real lawyer is saying... get a real lawyer.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

Go with your gut Manbush. :thumbsup

But I agree with seeing an independent lawyer, not to try change your mind just so you have ALL the info you need before making your decision.
Please
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Please »

Guys, stop using capital letters for random words. It's silly
Well, at least Jack got paid.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

LUFFTY... I don't THINK it's SILLY at ALL.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Luffty wrote:Guys, stop using capital letters for random words. It's silly
I shall CONSIDER this proposal LUFTY!
Please
Gary Belcher

Post by Please »

Your all a bunch of smartarses.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Luffty wrote:Your all a bunch of smartarses.
*you're.

Please use correct grammar Lufty.
Please
Gary Belcher

Post by Please »

Layoff. GE is a terrible teacher in the grammar thread
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Luffty wrote:Layoff. GE is a terrible teacher in the grammar thread
I'm happy to take over.

But I was put into an ESL class in grade 1. (Pretty sure it was purely based on my surname as well :doubt: )
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Another lawyer will just tell me what I already know, what everyone knows, it's fraught with danger and potentially very messy, not just for me but also the mum. I guess knowing all the circumstances/people makes it seem an easier choice for me than most could understand.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Please
Gary Belcher

Post by Please »

Schifty wrote:
Luffty wrote:Layoff. GE is a terrible teacher in the grammar thread
I'm happy to take over.

But I was put into an ESL class in grade 1. (Pretty sure it was purely based on my surname as well :doubt: )
Schifty is your last name? That's dodgy.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Manbush wrote:Another lawyer will just tell me what I already know, what everyone knows, it's fraught with danger and potentially very messy, not just for me but also the mum. I guess knowing all the circumstances/people makes it seem an easier choice for me than most could understand.
I'm just saying this one last time. You think it's easy. But you don't have your own legal advice. This is my last attempt to advise you to get some independent legal protection in this. I really urge you to do it, to have your own lawyer. Frankly, what you've described you've done so far is a long way from what you need. Other than that... good luck and best wishes from me!
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

There is no legal protection in this though, either of us could challenge the contract to be null and void, the only protection would be not to go ahead with it. That's where knowing the people and circumstances helps plus being aware of the worst case scenarios and being willing to risk those.

Considering the injection she took requires the deed to be done around 8am tomorrow it's all systems go.
Please
Gary Belcher

Post by Please »

No pressure.

Hope you can get it up.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Well that's that then, first case I've ever had of performance anxiety, stuffed it for everyone, and please no one say it's for the best etc I'm hurting enough :cry:
Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael »

...............you're kidding right?
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

MB, I know you'll take this entirely in the spirit in which it's intended when I say

:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

This whole thread's a stitch up, right?

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Poor manbush :(
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Sounds like a stitch up. If not I feel your pain, my wife is trying to get pregnant atm and being told that the deed has to be done now, now, now can be pretty draining. Some weeks I feel like I've gone 12 rounds with Mike Tyson the absolute hammering I'm taking. :P

Is there any possibility for a second crack at it?
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael »

Assuming this isn't a gee-up, and with all respect for MB's dignity, that is pretty funny.
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

I am speechless.
I am without speech!
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Wish it was a gee up, she was on a very strict time frame due to medication, arrived here late due to storm and when didn't happen straight away quickly rushed to the docs to get it another way, she had spent too much money and emotions to not do it today Had put way too much pressure on myself and stress which are the enemy

Think I've shared way too much :opps
Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael »

That is absolutely definitely for the best. What a fiasco.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Yeah I'm going to talk myself into believing that, in 9months when I see pics of the kid is when it's going to get hard though.

Really feel sorry for the kid now, not having a dad while it's sister does, all the stories I've heard how hard it is for them.

Oh well back to the care free life, don't need to start saving for presents etc can use the money soley on myself. Lol and get back to my unhealthy lifestyle I had given up this past week.

Ps Michael we've really gotta meet when I come down for a game, just to show you I'm not this complete fruit loop you must imagine me to be :lol:
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Loosely quoting your mate, "common law is that made by the common people" :lol: that does not need hard evidence to rebut

*edit* I posted in reply to the original post without reading the thread, wow, I couldn't have envisioned that such events would have transpired!! MB couldn't she wait 10 minutes for you to get it up? And wouldn't the alluring prospect of having you as biological father have outweighed any issues with timeframes she may have had? :lol:
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

I also dont understand the "no kids and no prospects of having any"... its not that hard is it? Do you live by yourself in an opal mine??
Riaan
John Ferguson

Post by Riaan »

Canberra Milk wrote:Loosely quoting your mate, "common law is that made by the common people" :lol: that does not need hard evidence to rebut

*edit* I posted in reply to the original post without reading the thread, wow, I couldn't have envisioned that such events would have transpired!! MB couldn't she wait 10 minutes for you to get it up? And wouldn't the alluring prospect of having you as biological father have outweighed any issues with timeframes she may have had? :lol:
I love the fact that there is a crazy lady rushing around in the storms today trying to procure someones sperm so she can have a kid :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao
Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael »

If this woman is also a family lawyer, it's a safe bet she might be one of the biggest bunny-boiling lunatics ever to walk the earth.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Luffty wrote:No pressure.

Hope you can get it up.
Kiss of Death right there. I'm sure Nickman would have pointed this out earlier but he's probably busy building an ark.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Surely this has to be most embarrassing thread ever on the GH :lol: