Health and fitness

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

How healthy and happy are you?

Super healthy = Could trial for the Raiders
6%
Moderately healthy = I've got a six pack or at least I am trying to
34%
Slightly healthy = I eat junk and healthy stuff but I do walk (sometimes)
28%
Unhealthy = The only six pack I've got is for drinking
28%
Extremely unhealthy = Just don't ask
4%

Total votes: 53

Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: Health and fitness

Post by Coastalraider »

EJ wrote: September 23, 2019, 11:38 pm I've been completely ignoring this thread while my training sucked lol

Good to see you getting back into it, gerg.

Coastal, was gonna do Blackmores months ago to set a new marathon PB, but training barely happened. Maybe next year. You run?

Agree with all, trail running is what it's all about. Finally got back out to do a decent one on the weekend. I was dying at the end, as expected, but prob not bad as expected.

Have a 50km Spartan in November in Bright. By now, I'm not going to be in great shape, but hopefully can stay consistent and do ok.
Hi mate, I wondered where you were!

Ended up heading into Sydney Marathon just aiming to enjoy the day, had a rough winter with a foot injury so form was a fair way behind last year.

Got to 30k and realised I still felt good, so pushed on a bit. Ran an 8 minute PB. Still fairly slow - one day I will actually train properly for one of these things....
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

Wow, 8 mins is actually massive! Congrats on that.

You can't going too bad man lol

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Stacked it doing a trail the other day. Big scratches from head to toe, and chunks of palm missing from my palms.

UTA registration opens in a couple of days. Anyone keen?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Dr Zaius wrote: September 24, 2019, 8:48 am Stacked it doing a trail the other day. Big scratches from head to toe, and chunks of palm missing from my palms.

Oh man, that sucks, know the feeling only too well. My hand is still tender from my parkrun stack in May and I still need to wear a knee guard playing touch footy to prevent re-injuring my right knee everytime I dive.

Did you finish the run or pull out? I had to pull out of parkrun as I was missing a large chunk of my palm and knee and was covered in blood.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

The Rickman wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote: September 24, 2019, 8:48 am Stacked it doing a trail the other day. Big scratches from head to toe, and chunks of palm missing from my palms.

Oh man, that sucks, know the feeling only too well. My hand is still tender from my parkrun stack in May and I still need to wear a knee guard playing touch footy to prevent re-injuring my right knee everytime I dive.

Did you finish the run or pull out? I had to pull out of parkrun as I was missing a large chunk of my palm and knee and was covered in blood.
I was 19km in to a 21km run. No option but to hobble the 2km back to the car. All good though, and it was mostly downhill at that point. Dealing with a gastro outbreak at the moment though, so washing my hands a lot. I can tell you alcho rub on open wounds ain't pretty.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Dr Zaius wrote: September 24, 2019, 9:32 am
The Rickman wrote:

I was 19km in to a 21km run. No option but to hobble the 2km back to the car. All good though, and it was mostly downhill at that point. Dealing with a gastro outbreak at the moment though, so washing my hands a lot. I can tell you alcho rub on open wounds ain't pretty.
Yeah, I had to break off from the race and run 2km to my hotel in the Brisbane CBD absolutely covered in blood.

It's not the first time I've had to do it, but the first time it was mine.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

The Rickman wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote: September 24, 2019, 9:32 am
The Rickman wrote:

Yeah, I had to break off from the race and run 2km to my hotel in the Brisbane CBD absolutely covered in blood.

It's not the first time I've had to do it, but the first time it was mine.
And the first time at a parkrun too I'd wager
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

I've actually never really badly stacked it before. I've run into things, like thorny vines or rigid branches I thought I could brush my way past, and a log I thought was a large sheath of bark. But those just end up in scratches and obnoxious swearing. Is this where I touch wood?

I've got my eyes on UTA 100, but it depends on my training. I'll pick up an entry next year as people start pulling out if I think I can do it. I have unfinished business with the course and would love to run it under 17 hours.

If not, I'll prob do the 50 still.

You looking at the 100, Doc?

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

EJ wrote:I've actually never really badly stacked it before. I've run into things, like thorny vines or rigid branches I thought I could brush my way past, and a log I thought was a large sheath of bark. But those just end up in scratches and obnoxious swearing. Is this where I touch wood?

I've got my eyes on UTA 100, but it depends on my training. I'll pick up an entry next year as people start pulling out if I think I can do it. I have unfinished business with the course and would love to run it under 17 hours.

If not, I'll prob do the 50 still.

You looking at the 100, Doc?

Yeah the 100.

I did the Great Wall Marathon a few years back, but only did the half. Felt like a fraud, so generally speaking will always go the longer course so long as it isn't ridiculous (except road marathons)
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Im travelling down to Canberra this weekend for the big game, and thought - what else can I while Im visiting the family in canberra?

So I entered a 43k MTB race on Saturday morning. Lets hope the adrenalin is still flowing :shock:
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Coastalraider wrote: September 24, 2019, 3:56 pm Im travelling down to Canberra this weekend for the big game, and thought - what else can I while Im visiting the family in canberra?

So I entered a 43k MTB race on Saturday morning. Lets hope the adrenalin is still flowing :shock:
What are you doing after the race, Coastal?? Come and watch the AFL grand final at a pub somewhere to undo all of your good work??
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

The Rickman wrote: September 24, 2019, 4:12 pm
Coastalraider wrote: September 24, 2019, 3:56 pm Im travelling down to Canberra this weekend for the big game, and thought - what else can I while Im visiting the family in canberra?

What are you doing after the race, Coastal?? Come and watch the AFL grand final at a pub somewhere to undo all of your good work??
AFL???? Never heard of her....
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Listen, I don't like AFL much either, and I won't be able to name a damned player in the game, but it's a bloody good excuse to go somewhere, drink some beers and eat some wings!
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

The Rickman wrote: September 24, 2019, 4:42 pm Listen, I don't like AFL much either, and I won't be able to name a damned player in the game, but it's a bloody good excuse to go somewhere, drink some beers and eat some wings!
You have a good point. I’ll have to see what I can swing, I’ve got the family with me this trip, and I’m already ditching them for the footy and a Bike race.

I had this idea that if everyone is going to have to arrive early to park die to the big crowd- we should have a good old fashioned NFL tailgate party in the car park??
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

The Rickman wrote:Listen, I don't like AFL much either, and I won't be able to name a damned player in the game, but it's a bloody good excuse to go somewhere, drink some beers and eat some wings!
That sounds like heaven

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

-TW- wrote:
The Rickman wrote:Listen, I don't like AFL much either, and I won't be able to name a damned player in the game, but it's a bloody good excuse to go somewhere, drink some beers and eat some wings!
That sounds like heaven

Sounds like a bloody plan then. AFL grand final followed by the prelim final to see who we’re playing the following week!
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

The Rickman wrote: September 24, 2019, 8:03 pm
-TW- wrote:
That sounds like heaven

Sounds like a bloody plan then. AFL grand final followed by the prelim final to see who we’re playing the following week!
Where are you staying?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Adina on James Court. I get in about 5pm Friday night
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

The Rickman wrote: September 24, 2019, 8:59 pm Adina on James Court. I get in about 5pm Friday night
Room number??
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Coastalraider wrote:
The Rickman wrote: September 24, 2019, 8:59 pm Adina on James Court. I get in about 5pm Friday night
Room number??
Expect a **** in the middle of your bed Nick
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Dr Zaius wrote: September 25, 2019, 6:07 am
Coastalraider wrote:
Room number??
I was just going to send some pizzas. COD of course.

1 for every point we score.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Coastalraider wrote:
Room number??
Geez, it's a bit harsh calling Coastal a ****.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

The Rickman wrote: September 25, 2019, 7:27 am
Coastalraider wrote:
Room number??
Geez, it's a bit harsh calling Coastal a ****.
Harsh, but fair.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Coastalraider wrote:
Coastalraider wrote:
Room number??

And you just know he will eat the lot, even the goddamn pineapple... then he'll be in this very thread sobbing about his lack of fitness and it'll be your fault Nick.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Wait, I'm confused with who is doing what now in this scenario.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

The Rickman wrote: September 25, 2019, 9:43 am Wait, I'm confused with who is doing what now in this scenario.
You are providing me with your room number, so I can send you a huge amount of pizzas to your room late on Friday night at your great expense. Keep up mate.

In addition to that, you are nominating a location for beer, wings and football on Saturday afternoon, and I am trying to explain to my wife that the bike race went for a couple of hours longer than expected (while secretly drinking beer, eating wings and watching football with cueball).
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

gergreg wrote: September 25, 2019, 9:12 am
Coastalraider wrote:
Coastalraider wrote:
Room number??

And you just know he will eat the lot, even the goddamn pineapple... then he'll be in this very thread sobbing about his lack of fitness and it'll be your fault Nick.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
Im more than happy to be the enabler in this story.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Coastalraider wrote: September 25, 2019, 10:19 am
The Rickman wrote: September 25, 2019, 9:43 am Wait, I'm confused with who is doing what now in this scenario.
You are providing me with your room number, so I can send you a huge amount of pizzas to your room late on Friday night at your great expense. Keep up mate.

In addition to that, you are nominating a location for beer, wings and football on Saturday afternoon, and I am trying to explain to my wife that the bike race went for a couple of hours longer than expected (while secretly drinking beer, eating wings and watching football with cueball).
Yeah, I understand all that, but then Gerg's post threw me for six... why am I eating the whole thing and then sobbing in this thread about my fitness yet it'll be all MY fault. Or is your name Nick.

Also, I'll probably need to get some phone numbers before Saturday, as when I'm out and about and on a bender the GH isn't a reliable way to contact me.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

The Rickman wrote: September 25, 2019, 11:29 am
Coastalraider wrote: September 25, 2019, 10:19 am

Yeah, I understand all that, but then Gerg's post threw me for six... why am I eating the whole thing and then sobbing in this thread about my fitness yet it'll be all MY fault. Or is your name Nick.

Also, I'll probably need to get some phone numbers before Saturday, as when I'm out and about and on a bender the GH isn't a reliable way to contact me.
Ah... Yes, we do share the same first name, I get the confusion now. there seems to be a few Nicks around....
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Hahaha everything makes sense now!!

I just assumed it was gerg's classic senility kicking in.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Done. Signed up for UTA 100. Feeling nauseous
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Dr Zaius wrote: September 25, 2019, 2:54 pm Done. Signed up for UTA 100. Feeling nauseous
Are you and Col going to the game on Friday you degenerate ****?
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Dr Zaius wrote: September 25, 2019, 2:54 pm Done. Signed up for UTA 100. Feeling nauseous
Bloody hell Doc, thats a big one!

The stairs scare the crap out of me, but I will do it one day.

I may end up being there anyway - we are working on deal with one of our clients to sponsor a heap of trail running events in Aus and NZ next year.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

The Rickman wrote:
Are you and Col going to the game on Friday you degenerate ****?
Myself, my sister and my nephews
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Coastalraider wrote:
Bloody hell Doc, thats a big one!

The stairs scare the crap out of me, but I will do it one day.

I may end up being there anyway - we are working on deal with one of our clients to sponsor a heap of trail running events in Aus and NZ next year.
If you are, let me know. You can call the ambulance for me