Health and fitness

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

How healthy and happy are you?

Super healthy = Could trial for the Raiders
6%
Moderately healthy = I've got a six pack or at least I am trying to
34%
Slightly healthy = I eat junk and healthy stuff but I do walk (sometimes)
28%
Unhealthy = The only six pack I've got is for drinking
28%
Extremely unhealthy = Just don't ask
4%

Total votes: 53

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Re: Health and fitness

Post by Dr Zaius »

I got the Garmin Forerunner 405CX refurbished from the states off ebay. It has heart rate and GPS and is pretty awesome
freddo
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by freddo »

I got the MOTOACTV

The cutting-edge fitness tracker and smart MP3 player that supports more than 40 activities:

The best thing I love is the Golf mode has over 220 000 course world wide, It tells me how far to the hole I am keeps travk of my score.

I got a set of plantroic Bluetooth headphones so no wires.

Plus I have it paired with my phone so my phone can sit in my bag and I can get calls and sms.

GPS and Accusense
Distance. Pace. Speed. Elevation. Full color maps. From elliptical machines and treadmills to outdoor sandy shores and urban asphalt – we record your every move.

Calls and Alerts
Now you see it: Facebook, Twitter, texts, calls and weather updates, live as it happens on MOTOACTV.

Smart MP3
Which tunes really move you most? MOTOACTV knows and creates your personal high performance playlist.

Challenges and Competitions
Want to challenge your family, your friends, or your city to a little friendly competition? Create a race, join a race and see who’s at the top of the leaderboard – all at the MOTOACTV Training Portal.

Heart Rate Monitor
Burn more calories, perfect your interval training, and reach peak performance with our precision HRM.

Lifetracker
Every step you take, every move you make, every calorie you burn – all day, every day. You do it, we track it.
Truth Beauty and The Freddo Way
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Health and fitness

Post by Raidersrawesome »

What's that worth Freddo?
*Loz*
Brett Mullins

Post by *Loz* »

I'm presently doing the Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation. Just over 5 weeks in and I'm down 4 kgs. So far I'm enjoying it, even if the food prep is a bit of a pain is the @rse. The food is good though.

I'd recommend to anyone trying to lose weight. Michelle does make you work hard though.
Raiders Member #3044
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

^ Pics or it didnt happen..
Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael »

yeh raiders wrote:^ Pics or it didnt happen..
Smooth.
*Loz*
Brett Mullins

Post by *Loz* »

<------------ Here is a 'before' shot...

Gimme 7 weeks for the 'after' shot.
Raiders Member #3044
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Nice Freddo, nice
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley

Post by yeh raiders »

Yeah that's a pretty sweet setup Freddo.. i've got Forerunner 405. It does the job. When running, i use an ipod shuffle and a pair of Sony in-ear headphones.

On music.. what do people like to listen to? Do you change your music style based on what type of exercising you do or where you're at?
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

I've recently been using Jango which streams music. I also just downloaded an app called stereomood where you nominate what you're doing and it chooses appropriate music. I'll give it a go next time I go for a run.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

*Loz* wrote:

Don't go overboard Loz, the before shot looks great as it is
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

yeh raiders wrote: On music.. what do people like to listen to? Do you change your music style based on what type of exercising you do or where you're at?
Something heavy usually as I find it makes me go harder
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

manbush wrote:
yeh raiders wrote: On music.. what do people like to listen to? Do you change your music style based on what type of exercising you do or where you're at?
Something heavy usually as I find it makes me go harder
Hit random :)

Then you halfway through running you end up with a BBC Documentary podcast on the Romanian gold rush :?
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

I don't have any docos but with random I get some comedy routines, Carlin, Jim Jefferies, Dennis Leary or Arj Barkers marijuana logs, normally get some stares when I start laughing at the gym :lol:
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

I have the Bugle Podcasts on my ipod which is ridiculously dangerous..

Also catching up on epiiode of TOFOP (Wil Anderson and Charlie Clauson)

was one bit that actually made me burst out laughing at work but there's noway I could repeat the story there, even if I posted it here it would probably get edited out :lol:
freddo
John Ferguson

Post by freddo »

The motoactv cost $249 for the 8gb model i had to get it from the us and the head phones 80 bucks at jb hifi worth every cent
Rodman
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: N/A

Post by Rodman »

I probably wouldn't last long at a Raiders trial, but if I got sent to Auschwitz I'd definitely be put to work rather than being sent straight to the showers.
#BoneMcCrone
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Health and fitness

Thanks Freddo , one more question how does the HR monitor side of it work , is there a chest strap?

On music I've created a playlist that usually involves heavier/rockier music
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Rodman wrote:I probably wouldn't last long at a Raiders trial, but if I got sent to Auschwitz I'd definitely be put to work rather than being sent straight to the showers.
:lol:
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley

Post by yeh raiders »

I listen to heavier stuff when lifting. Also RnB or something like that. When running I'll usually just stick to my top 150 played songs.
Green Jamey
Dean Lance

Post by Green Jamey »

the gym I attend sounds like a blue light disco.

Maybe I should invest in an iPhone or something.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

The Phantom wrote:the gym I attend sounds like a blue light disco.

Maybe I should invest in an iPhone or something.

The music at my gym puts me off , I have to have an Ipod/Iphone playing
Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael »

Rodman wrote:I probably wouldn't last long at a Raiders trial, but if I got sent to Auschwitz I'd definitely be put to work rather than being sent straight to the showers.
I'm of the firm belief that there is a WWII reference to every one of life's situations.
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

*Loz* wrote:I'm presently doing the Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation. Just over 5 weeks in and I'm down 4 kgs. So far I'm enjoying it, even if the food prep is a bit of a pain is the @rse. The food is good though.

I'd recommend to anyone trying to lose weight. Michelle does make you work hard though.
its like the gospel around this household
we've been using it for about a year, keeps us eating healthy and suits us to a tee because we both like to be organised, so being told a week out what our menu plan is for the week is great. Lost a heap of weight when i first hit the program, like you id highly recommend it to anyone looking for a diet. Nutritionally and in terms of interest and quality of food, its comfortably the best ive seen
freddo
John Ferguson

Post by freddo »

*Loz* wrote:I'm presently doing the Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation. Just over 5 weeks in and I'm down 4 kgs. So far I'm enjoying it, even if the food prep is a bit of a pain is the @rse. The food is good though.

Top stuff Loz, Good to see you on the forums havent seen you round in ages
freddo
John Ferguson

Post by freddo »

Raidersrawesome wrote:Thanks Freddo , one more question how does the HR monitor side of it work , is there a chest strap?

On music I've created a playlist that usually involves heavier/rockier music

Yeah for the heart rate monitor you gotta get the chest strap,

Yeah its a full blown mp3 player so if you got a play list created just upload it with the music using the import software and stuff, syncs with itunes, wmp or using the moto software.

I got it over 6 months ago so they would be cheaper now. Totally worth it
*Loz*
Brett Mullins

Post by *Loz* »

manbush wrote:
*Loz* wrote:

Don't go overboard Loz, the before shot looks great as it is
Thanks! TBH, that pic is over a year old.. that's what I'm trying to get back to.
Raiders Member #3044
*Loz*
Brett Mullins

Post by *Loz* »

Nick wrote:

its like the gospel around this household
we've been using it for about a year, keeps us eating healthy and suits us to a tee because we both like to be organised, so being told a week out what our menu plan is for the week is great. Lost a heap of weight when i first hit the program, like you id highly recommend it to anyone looking for a diet. Nutritionally and in terms of interest and quality of food, its comfortably the best ive seen
Ha! I don't follow the meal plans. I just cook up a shed load of meals on the weekends and freeze them. I really CBF preparing something different every night...

Also, I haven't cut out the chocolate and wine, screw that! I'd be back on it after the program anyway... I'm still losing the KGs and CMs...
Raiders Member #3044
*Loz*
Brett Mullins

Post by *Loz* »

freddo wrote:

I tend to lurk more than I post these days :)
Raiders Member #3044
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

This morning was 30 days of clean eating.

I've lost 12kg ( and now out of triple digits ) in that time and 8cm off the waist.

Its amazing how much a poor diet affects the body , its a shame its taken this long to fully understand that , better late than never though
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

:clap:
freddo
John Ferguson

Post by freddo »

*Loz* wrote:
freddo wrote:

I tend to lurk more than I post these days :)
Lurk isnt that another word for stalk. LOL
freddo
John Ferguson

Post by freddo »

Raidersrawesome wrote:This morning was 30 days of clean eating.

I've lost 12kg ( and now out of triple digits ) in that time and 8cm off the waist.

Its amazing how much a poor diet affects the body , its a shame its taken this long to fully understand that , better late than never though

Well done another great effort again, I did some work for someone over the weekend and as a thanks they bring me cascades and a 6 pack of donuts, they are sitting there going to waste as we speak
freddo
John Ferguson

Post by freddo »

Hey All I have just bought some PhD Wired for a Pre Workout Suppliment. it was $59.95 for 60 serves. What it contains see below has anyone else tried it before

Specs:
Ingredents:-
Glycine (amino Acid)Creatine Micronised*Beta Alanine Anhydrus,Citric Acid Anhydrus,L-Arginine* Alpha Keto Gluterate(AAKG)Natural Flavors,L-Tyrosine,L-Taureen,Schizandra(9%Eq),1,3 DimylMethylanine,Guarana (cafeine) Brilliant blue, Powergrape(grape Extract).

Nutritional Panel

Per/serve 7g

Energy-109kg
Protein-6.1g
Carbs-0.3g
Sugars-0.3g
Caffine-84mg
Creatine-Micronised-1610mg
L-Argine AKG-945mg
Beta Alanine-980mg
L-Taurine-1000mg
Grape Extract 400mg
1,3-Dimethylamylamine 25mg
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley

Post by yeh raiders »

Wouldnt replace my creatine supplement with that.. 1600mg p/serve isnt enough. Also i think Creatine is better served post workout

Low carb so good for someone on a diet, but again wouldnt go replacing a carb meal with this supplement.

But if it gets you off the couch and into the gym.. go for it and good luck!