The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: What has made/ruined your day

Post by reptar »

bonehead wrote:
reptar wrote:Back home now. Frank was pleased to see me.
welcome home mate

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Thanks. Any thing happen while I was away?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

reptar wrote:
bonehead wrote:
welcome home mate

no.

hope this helps

Edrick The Entertainer
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

bonehead wrote:
reptar wrote:
bonehead wrote:
welcome home mate

no.

hope this helps

It did!!
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Made: 二月私たちは日本に行きます
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

You forgot the time marking particle, you dunce.

And technically, since you've already been there, you got the verb wrong, too.

Sigh.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

T_R wrote:You forgot the time marking particle, you dunce.

And technically, since you've already been there, you got the verb wrong, too.

Sigh.
Settle petal!!! :) you'll ruin my mood!!
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

What does that say? Is it about me?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Actually i suspected i forgot the time particle. But do i need to say "again" to say I'm going in he figure? Does it matter?
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

dubby wrote:What does that say? Is it about me?

It could, there's still time to buy a ticket. Until next February, actually!
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Yeah great now I'm more confused

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Dubby は 日本語が鼻ません
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Waits for TRs lecture....
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

reptar wrote:Dubby は 日本語が鼻ません
Not even close.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

On a more serious note, I've experienced a few panic attacks over the past few weeks.

Doctor is concerned. So I'm off to the psychologist Thursday.

Also, I've had some pain from my pelvis. Unusual because usually I hear I'm the reason for a pain in that area, but any way it turns out I have femoroacetabular impingement. Basically its new bone growing on my hip socket that causes a nasty pinching sensation. Hurts like buggery, can't lay on that side, leg goes numb, restricts movement etc. Doc says no arthroscopy, just wait and see. Probably end up with arthritis in it.

reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

T_R wrote:
Not even close.
That was my point.

ヅビ
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

:(

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

T_R wrote: July 31, 2018, 7:38 pm
Not even close.
:lol:

reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

dubby wrote:On a more serious note, I've experienced a few panic attacks over the past few weeks.

Also, I've had some pain from my pelvis. Unusual because usually I hear I'm the reason for a pain in that area, but any way it turns out I have femoroacetabular impingement. Basically its new bone growing on my hip socket that causes a nasty pinching sensation. Hurts like buggery, can't lay on that side, leg goes numb, restricts movement etc. Doc says no arthroscopy, just wait and see. Probably end up with arthritis in it.
I hope things turn out less bad than they seem right now
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

That's no good dubby. Get well soon.

And panic attacks... that's a worry. I hope they can help.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

:) It's fine mate

A little bit of uncertainty, this may affect my job, but hey.....when I'm laying on the lounge with Max sitting on me and purring away, all my troubles seem to float away.

Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

reptar wrote: July 31, 2018, 7:41 pm
dubby wrote:On a more serious note, I've experienced a few panic attacks over the past few weeks.

Damn, I've had FAI for the last couple of years too, though not sure if it's the same kind you have as there's a couple of variations of it. Hurts to sit down on short chairs for long periods of time, can no longer ride a bike, no longer sleep on my side and have had to change a fair few movements at the gym.

It has improved since I now know how to manage it better, but it's also permanent so that side of things sucks. I should really do a bit more research into it.
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

I've got a Stanley knife and a grinder and am willing to help

Edrick The Entertainer
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Sid wrote:
reptar wrote: July 31, 2018, 7:41 pm

Damn, I've had FAI for the last couple of years too, though not sure if it's the same kind you have as there's a couple of variations of it. Hurts to sit down on short chairs for long periods of time, can no longer ride a bike, no longer sleep on my side and have had to change a fair few movements at the gym.

It has improved since I now know how to manage it better, but it's also permanent so that side of things sucks. I should really do a bit more research into it.
Sounds very similar.

reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

How are you going, dubby?
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Hey Reppy,

Hanging in there mate.

Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Made: just got chest exray results back and after spending the past 24hrs thinking I had either emphysema or lung cancer I’m in the clear for both, when the doc told me I literally had a solo tear roll down my left cheek.

Ruined: How I’ve been feeling the past two weeks has been a real wake up call, need to make major changes to my lifestyle which after spending my whole life doing the exact opposite I should for my health it’s gonna be hard.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Bushy, my mum died last year from lung cancer. She was 59. Smoked Marlboros.

Dude, please, PLEASE make the required changes. There are people who love you, need you and value you (I'm looking at you TR).
Seriously mate, it won't be easy but it's worth it. Words cannot describe how much I miss my mum. I wish she gave up the durries years ago. We'd still have her

Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Mate changes have already started, I’ve drunk more water in the past week than I had in the past 10 years combined, cut back to one energy drink a day, starting to eat healthier and my nicotine juice is currently going through customs.

Once those changes have become a habit exercise will be the next horrifying habit I try to form.

Someone’s gotta stay around to have fun with TR, can’t just leave it to Indians and Nigerians.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Just keep smoking the Mary Jane Bushy, it will cure your lung cancer. Apparently.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Manbush wrote:Mate changes have already started, I’ve drunk more water in the past week than I had in the past 10 years combined, cut back to one energy drink a day, starting to eat healthier and my nicotine juice is currently going through customs.

Once those changes have become a habit exercise will be the next horrifying habit I try to form.

Someone’s gotta stay around to have fun with TR, can’t just leave it to Indians and Nigerians.
Bushy. Mate. Maaaaate.

Live a little. The odd pack a day won't hurt you!

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Dr Zaius wrote:Just keep smoking the Mary Jane Bushy, it will cure your lung cancer. Apparently.

reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Made: used one of the Lime-S scooters to get to work today. Heaps fun. Break: did legs at the gym yesterday, scooters and DOMS don't mix
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

Read a car article today where the writer was bemoaning the loss of colour in cars, saying most cars these days are grey, grey, grey and more grey.

What has been seen cannot be unseen. Having just driven home, I estimate 85% black/white/grey, 10% red and red variants, 4% blue and blue variants, and 1% other.

My last car, which I loved, was a sporty-looking metallic royal blue. You just can't seem to find those metallic vivid blues on offer much anymore.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Sterlk wrote:Read a car article today where the writer was bemoaning the loss of colour in cars, saying most cars these days are grey, grey, grey and more grey.

What has been seen cannot be unseen. Having just driven home, I estimate 85% black/white/grey, 10% red and red variants, 4% blue and blue variants, and 1% other.

My last car, which I loved, was a sporty-looking metallic royal blue. You just can't seem to find those metallic vivid blues on offer much anymore.
blame the ozone layer.

Also, Hyundai have that awesome acid yellow

Edrick The Entertainer
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

85% black.... In australia....

Yeah unlikely.. I had a black car for 3 years, it was the **** est 3 summers of my life