What has made/ruined your day

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Re: What has made/ruined your day

Post by -TW- »

reptar wrote:Ruined: credit card fraud. Now without a card for a week.
**** it's annoying, mine got done a month or so ago and they bought prepaid vouchers

Luckily NAB refunded the money, Telstra didn't want to know about it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

dubby wrote:It's not nfl pig
Huh? Who said it was?
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Made: Got my pre sale tickets including meet and greet to see Richard Dawkins and Lawrence Krauss :thumbsup

Ruined: It's not on till May 2018 :(
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Manbush wrote:Made: Got my pre sale tickets including meet and greet to see Richard Dawkins and Lawrence Krauss :thumbsup

Ruined: It's not on till May 2018 :(
Maybe you could use the time to look up things on Google, fail to completely understand them, but then use them as the basis to correct Dawkins and Krauss?

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

I was like a teenage girl when I met Harris and Nawaz at a similar event I'm guessing I'll be the same with these two.

There's a few things I disagree with Dawkins on but nothing I've seen with Krauss but I know better than trying to get in a debate with Dawkins
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Manbush wrote:I was like a teenage girl when I met Harris and Nawaz at a similar event I'm guessing I'll be the same with these two.

There's a few things I disagree with Dawkins on but nothing I've seen with Krauss but I know better than trying to get in a debate with Dawkins
Manbush, you have NEVER backed down from a debate, no matter how hideously you are getting your **** handed to you as a result of your basic inability to grasp even the slighest variation in facts from the half-understood and inherently flawed belief system that you build for yourself based on unscientific blather from the nether regions of your poorly framed Google searches.

Stop selling yourself short. You can do this.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

T_R should really be brought in as a motivational consultant for the raiders. Get that man in the sheds.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I can see it now:
“Get out there Sezer and have a shot at a field goal. No one’s expecting you’ll land it any more, so no need to worry. Personally I’d be surprised if you kicked one even if the posts were as wide as the field. Now go!”
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

I think you're missing a key difference TR, we're talking about people who I admire and whose opinions I actually respect rather than people who have continually shown they enjoy being obtuse and disingenuous :P
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

gangrenous wrote:I can see it now:
“Get out there Sezer and have a shot at a field goal. No one’s expecting you’ll land it any more, so no need to worry. Personally I’d be surprised if you kicked one even if the posts were as wide as the field. Now go!”
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Manbush wrote:I think you're missing a key difference TR, we're talking about people who I admire and whose opinions I actually respect rather than people who have continually shown they enjoy being obtuse and disingenuous :P
Yes, but the point here has already been that your judgement is in serious question

reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

Ruined: just had Gray, one of my pet rats, put down.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

My budgie Juan fell from his perch yesterday.

I'm not sure of the life expectancy of a budgie but he was at least 9.

I'm gunna miss the little fella.

Time to clean the cage and think about investing in some new birds.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Sorry to hear, he had a good life as the life expectancy of a budgerigar in captivity is 5-8 years.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I used to let him out his cage(indoors of course) and he'd just sit on my head...

I knew he was on borrowed time. I'd noticed he'd lost all his feathers from his back end and hadn't been as chirpy for a few weeks. Fair dink he wouldn't shut up..but lately he'd been very quiet and I'd even told the missus it wouldn't be long now.

Came home from work yesd, dragged both bins around the back and he wasn't on his perch.

He was dead in the bottom of the cage..I will admit I was a tad miserable...
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

no good PJ, in other non coincidental news a wedge tailed eagle could perch on your melon

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Did you just call me bighead ?
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I love my budgies. I have about 250 of them now.

reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Sad to hear it PJ!
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

T_R wrote:I love my budgies. I have about 250 of them now.

What are their names?
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Steve.

All of them.

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I'll get a couple more after the grieving process....
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Hahaha TR forgot the word "smugglers".
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

T_R wrote:Steve.

All of them.

Great name, and at least you won't get confused!
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Ruined:
A friend and workmate fell to his death from his apartment a few nights ago. Only 30 years old, recently married. Absolutely gutted for his close friends and family, such a tragic accident.
My mum is in hospital getting a hip replacement.
My dad is being an **** to me for complicated and unwarranted reasons. He has become an absolutely delusional **** in the past year. Recently hit 72 so I don't know if this state of mind will be the standard.

Made:
Bought a townhouse yesterday, an upgrade on the small 2 bedroom place we had. Hoping to be into the place before Christmas.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

gergreg wrote:Ruined:
A friend and workmate fell to his death from his apartment a few nights ago. Only 30 years old, recently married. Absolutely gutted for his close friends and family, such a tragic accident.
My dad is being an **** to me for complicated and unwarranted reasons. He has become an absolutely delusional **** in the past year. Recently hit 72 so I don't know if this state of mind will be the standard.

Made:
Bought a townhouse yesterday, an upgrade on the small 2 bedroom place we had. Hoping to be into the place before Christmas.
:(

Rough times. Sometimes feels like this crap all hits at once, doesn't it.

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

on the plus hip replacement can be life changing, my old man had his done this year he's much less of a cranky old bastard now

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

gergreg wrote:Ruined:

Made:
Saw that on the news. Very sad. Sorry it’s a tough time.

Sent from my iPad using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

Surprise quiche!

Stopped at the petrol station to fill up, got hungry, it was a Coles Express with some pies. Decided on an "Egg and Bacon pie", thinking it would of course be a regular meat pie with bits of egg and bacon. Lo and behold, its a quiche.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Not sure else what it could have been tbh

Beef and cheese pies are a death trap
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Ruined- Making my 2018 debut at work today.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Ruined - Glitch, the brother of Gray who died late last year, just died.

Farewell Glitch. You will be missed
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Ruined. Totally distraught. She was far too young to leave us. She will always have special place in our hearts. Image
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Very sorry to hear reptar. Look after yourselves.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

reptar wrote:Ruined. Totally distraught. She was far too young to leave us. She will always have special place in our hearts. Image
Bloody hell mate, so sorry to hear that. Pet's have a special place in our hearts and lives, offering so much love and joy.

Take care mate

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.