Post by bonehead »

-TW- wrote:So is hawthorn... lovely
Whaaaa???? They were up by 30!!!
Edrick The Entertainer
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Re: What has made/ruined your day

Post by pickles »

Not sure if it's been mentioned but the Broncos are out!

Sweetened by the fact that after Bennett crying about golden point they changed the rule and his team were the first to lose under it! Eat a bag of dicks Bennett!
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

pickles wrote:Not sure if it's been mentioned but the Broncos are out!

Sweetened by the fact that after Bennett crying about golden point they changed the rule and his team were the first to lose under it! Eat a bag of dicks Bennett!
If the Cowboys were so **** predictable why didn't he predict that?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Hbomb wrote:Made just woke upand found out the broncos lost after getting too drunk and passing out early lastnight
Well no wonder the Broncos lost with that sort of behaviour!
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Yep great morning for league fans around Australia!
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

I am in such a seriously good mood this morning
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

reptar wrote:

Because his mouth is on the side of his head

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Post by Professor »

bonehead wrote:
-TW- wrote:So is hawthorn... lovely
Whaaaa???? They were up by 30!!!
Yep, won a lazy $420 off Hawthorn's demise into Broncos with the start and overs.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Manbush wrote:Yep great morning for league fans around Australia!
For humanity, manbush.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

dubby wrote:
reptar wrote:

Maybe he did but we'd have to check his betting slips to be sure.

And cows beating Broncos in extra time was fairly predictable!
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

dubby wrote:
reptar wrote:

Never gets old dubs...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

It is a peter pan joke mate

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Archer
David Furner
Favourite Player: Boxhead

Post by Archer »

On the tube to work Monday morning, so that's already grounds for ruined and I've now just been stung by a **** bee while sitting in my seat... :(
Thombre
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Jeff "Shakas" Lima!!!!

Post by Thombre »

Ruined: come back from melbs with a nice old case of gastro. Been violently ill since 3am. Made: new meaning to name HBomb
Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

maybe now you're water bomb.

Yen ok that was bad

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Hbomb wrote:Ruined: come back from melbs with a nice old case of gastro. Been violently ill since 3am. Made: new meaning to name HBomb
Trim you down a bit fatso
Edrick The Entertainer
Thombre
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Jeff "Shakas" Lima!!!!

Post by Thombre »

all very valid points, but laughter needs to be saved for tomorrow, otherwise ill need new sheets
Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Made: Sitting in Starbucks Zurich chatting to a Vietnamese-Swiss guy in English and Japanese about his Korean language study.

Quite tickled by that.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

T_R wrote:Made: Sitting in Starbucks Zurich chatting to a Vietnamese-Swiss guy in English and Japanese about his Korean language study.

Quite tickled by that.
Starbucks?! Yeck, surely you jest?
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

5 hours till I can check in and I need an internet connection.

Just paid $20 for a coffee and muffin. Jeez, Zurich is outrageous.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Don't they offer early check in TR?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Booked out last night.

But they just rang me and said I can get in in 30 mins. Win!!!

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Made: Got off the plane in time to have a few bets in late races. Hauraki @ $7.50; Jopa @ $21.00 and Takedown @ $8.00

Betting accounts looking quite healthy as the Spring Carnival gets serious. :thumbsup
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Northern Raider wrote:Made: Got off the plane in time to have a few bets in late races. Hauraki @ $7.50; Jopa @ $21.00 and Takedown @ $8.00

Betting accounts looking quite healthy as the Spring Carnival gets serious. :thumbsup
Nice. Juicy odd, especially Jopa.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

T_R wrote:Booked out last night.

But they just rang me and said I can get in in 30 mins. Win!!!
EDIT and then it's down to some work?
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

SSS and some email.

Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: George Clooney

Post by Raidersfan »

Some cheating **** wit team won a game of league
I don't post facts
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Made: Not once, but TWICE today, Senator Malcolm-Ieuan: Roberts., the living soul interacted with me on Twitter.
Ruined: I feel dumber as a consequence.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

He didn't reply to me ☹
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Raidersfan wrote:Some cheating **** wit team won a game of league
Whhooottt!
This place is woke.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Just spotted on FB an old fwb from a few years ago is in LA making her first movie :)
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Post by Professor »

Manbush wrote:Just spotted on FB an old fwb from a few years ago is in LA making her first movie :)
What's her name?
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Sc or hc?
Dont delete this GE
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo