The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Re: Drinking...

Post by The Nickman »

Albi wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
Albi wrote:
The Nickman wrote:I'm thinking of seriously reducing my drinking for the next several weeks at least.
Can you send me down the remaining contents of your beer fridge?
There's one stubby of 3.5.
Express post?
Sorry Albs, check my above edit. :(
Albi
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Drinking...

Post by Albi »

:( :(
Canberra Raiders Bronze Member

Banner courtesy of the very talented, fistinz.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

There's an outside chance I may be in the Bundy area sometime in the week after Good Friday. If I am I'll buy you a VB (shudder)
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

Drinking...

Post by Captain Punish »

The Nickman wrote:There's an outside chance I may be in the Bundy area sometime in the week after Good Friday. If I am I'll buy you a VB (shudder)
Nectar of the gods..
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
The Name Change Bet - Regarding the three bets above;
I win all three I keep my name.
I win one I become "the Punish"
I lose all I become "Chicken Little"
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Second worst beer in Australia
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

The Nickman wrote:Second worst beer in Australia
please say the worst is Carlton Draught
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

Drinking...

Post by Captain Punish »

Little creatures?
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
The Name Change Bet - Regarding the three bets above;
I win all three I keep my name.
I win one I become "the Punish"
I lose all I become "Chicken Little"
Shezza
Laurie Daley

Drinking...

Post by Shezza »

Extra Dry is the worst.
2013 'Nella Awards - MVP
2013 'Nella Awards - Spite Day Winner
2013 'Nella Awards - Worst System (The Club)
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

XXXX Heavy by a mile!!
Albi
David Furner

Drinking...

Post by Albi »

The Nickman wrote:There's an outside chance I may be in the Bundy area sometime in the week after Good Friday. If I am I'll buy you a VB (shudder)
Yes!! Would love to catch up.. I'll PM my number. You can buy me a VB, but I'd prefer to have the one you're drinking

Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Shezza wrote:Extra Dry is the worst.
Yes! It's vile.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Albi wrote:
Yes!! Would love to catch up.. I'll PM my number. You can buy me a VB, but I'd prefer to have the one you're drinking
:lol: :lol: Classic Albi.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Albi wrote:
You two timing bastard
Albi
David Furner

Drinking...

Post by Albi »

Greenbits wrote:
Albi wrote:
You two timing bastard
You knew from the beginning my views on monogamy

Please
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Drinking...

Post by Please »

I love it Extra Dry.

Oh, and I like the beer too.
Well, at least Jack got paid.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Four Pines Kellar Door Imperial IPA

First Australian IPA I've found worth drinking. $10.99 a pop at Dan Murphys. Check it out.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

T_R wrote:Four Pines Kellar Door Imperial IPA

First Australian IPA I've found worth drinking. $10.99 a pop at Dan Murphys. Check it out.

What's an IPA?
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Impacable Pompous A-hole :)
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Manchild
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom

Post by Manchild »

Indian Pale Ale? $10.99 per beer or 6'er?
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Price is each.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Young Henry's Hop Ale is a variation of an IPA IMO and **** delicious. Most of their brews are though tbf.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Thombre
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Jeff "Shakas" Lima!!!!

Post by Thombre »

Where are you tr? Riversides 777 iipa is far superior imo
Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Noosa.

Haven't tried Riverside, but will.

pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Currently on tap at my house. German Pilsner, Robust Porter and hoppy amber ale. Sadly my keg of saison blew last night but should be enough warm days to get another one through in the next few weeks.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Unless you've finished your night out with a bottle of Mikkeller Beer Geek Brunch Weasel, then you're a loser and have no place on this forum with the rest of us.

$22 for a 350ml bottle (bar price), but a genuinely unique beer. It turns out that I really like beer that had been crapped out of the southern end of an Indonesian civetcat.

Aero
Laurie Daley

Post by Aero »

If you's like something that'll burn going down... try the Patron Chili Chocolate Tequila.. sets your mouth and throat on fire.. perfect for those who loves chili

For sipping, the Cafe Patron goes pretty nice on ice, or mixed with coke
2012, 2014 and 2015 Boogs Avatar/Signature of the Year
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

T_R wrote:Unless you've finished your night out with a bottle of Mikkeller Beer Geek Brunch Weasel, then you're a loser and have no place on this forum with the rest of us.

$22 for a 350ml bottle (bar price), but a genuinely unique beer. It turns out that I really like beer that had been crapped out of the southern end of an Indonesian civetcat.
What's not to like
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Aero wrote:If you's like something that'll burn going down... try the Patron Chili Chocolate Tequila.. sets your mouth and throat on fire.. perfect for those who loves chili

I bought a few bottles of the expensive Patron over here. It is about $400 a bottle in Australia and a quarter of the price here. Looking forward to giving it a taste.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Billyt

Post by Raider Bell »

Gerg wrote:
Aero wrote:If you's like something that'll burn going down... try the Patron Chili Chocolate Tequila.. sets your mouth and throat on fire.. perfect for those who loves chili

I bought a few bottles of the expensive Patron over here. It is about $400 a bottle in Australia and a quarter of the price here. Looking forward to giving it a taste.
Where's here, Gerg?
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

U.S. I'm lucky enough to get 'real' duty free and tax free and the price difference is just incredible. The standard Patron Anejo is about 24 dollars here and about 50 or 60 in Australia.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I like drinking, I'm indulging right now after a very warm day in a tin shed.

Cheers John and James I love you both dearly.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Thombre
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Jeff "Shakas" Lima!!!!

Post by Thombre »

pickles wrote:Currently on tap at my house. German Pilsner, Robust Porter and hoppy amber ale. Sadly my keg of saison blew last night but should be enough warm days to get another one through in the next few weeks.
speaking of which sorry i missed brew day pickles, I would love to come spend a game day at yours and clean out your keezer for you
Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Here's a bump!

So for those of us mere mortals, i.e. not TR, Aldi special ending today Garden Gangsta shiraz and cab sav is excess Qantas organic red relabelled. Certainly a bargain at $10- and worth cellaring for a few years or obviously at $10- you could drink it on a Tuesday arvo

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Wow, I didn't even know this thread existed.

Unfortunately we can't take advantage of Aldi specials in QLD due to licensing laws. :(
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Northern Raider wrote: August 4, 2020, 12:13 pm Wow, I didn't even know this thread existed.

Unfortunately we can't take advantage of Aldi specials in QLD due to licensing laws. :(
I just came on to whine about that.