Post by tragic »

I'll have to dig through pics someday and post my attempts at DIY
Raiders member no# 2278.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Re: The DIY Thread

Post by The Nickman »

Just "fixed" that stupid little thing on the back of the door that holds it open.

FML this is why I don't do any of this stuff myself. I'm going to the pub.

tragic
Brett Mullins

The DIY Thread

Post by tragic »

lol
Raiders member no# 2278.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

*** bump ***

So I'm looking for something to stick on my balcony in my unit to give me a bit of privacy. I have no idea what to do though. All the units have this bamboo screen similar to this

But to me that looks a little... I don't know... Mount Druitt. So I'm looking for something different. Anyone have any suggestions?
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Guy Incognito
Jason Croker

Post by Guy Incognito »

We built a similar screen to this on our deck to keep our nosey neighbour from annoying us. He seemed a bit upset when we put it up :lol:

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Does anyone know if you can learn a trade without doing the whole apprenticeship thing?

I am really interested in learning about landscaping. Back when I was at my crummy job I was even considering a Mature Aged Apprenticeship to get into it.

Back at my old job now, but still want to learn about it. Especially so when me and Mrs Fui buy a place I can muck around in my backyard
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
craigo
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: josh papalli

Post by craigo »

You can do courses at tafe that will teach you the same as if you were doing an apprenticeship without having to be an apprentice.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

You would get your theory papers but no craftsman's certificate therefore no "trade" qualification
Edrick The Entertainer
Manchild
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom

Post by Manchild »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Does anyone know if you can learn a trade without doing the whole apprenticeship thing?

I am really interested in learning about landscaping. Back when I was at my crummy job I was even considering a Mature Aged Apprenticeship to get into it.

Back at my old job now, but still want to learn about it. Especially so when me and Mrs Fui buy a place I can muck around in my backyard
Just ask a couple of the local landscapers if they have any weekend work available. That way you get paid and learn off them. It also gives you access to trade pricing if whoever it is that you work for lets you use their account to purchase from suppliers.
Manchild
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom

Post by Manchild »

Use something like this Fui. I am in the process of making a outdoor feature wall using something similar
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:*** bump ***

So I'm looking for something to stick on my balcony in my unit to give me a bit of privacy. I have no idea what to do though. All the units have this bamboo screen similar to this

But to me that looks a little... I don't know... Mount Druitt. So I'm looking for something different. Anyone have any suggestions?
bamboo looks crap quickly.
Grab some hebel and go for broke
Edrick The Entertainer
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Hebel would be an idea, but it looks a little... permanent. The Bradchelor Pad is a rental at the moment, so I can't do anything too permanent.

I agree about the Bamboo, everyone in the block uses it and it looks horrible IMO.
Manchild wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Does anyone know if you can learn a trade without doing the whole apprenticeship thing?

Just ask a couple of the local landscapers if they have any weekend work available. That way you get paid and learn off them. It also gives you access to trade pricing if whoever it is that you work for lets you use their account to purchase from suppliers.
That's not a bad idea. Never thought about doing it that way. Might give a few a call. Thanks

Nickman's love of NSW