Women?

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

VictorTheViking
Ricky Stuart

Women?

Post by VictorTheViking »

The following is a description of what happened to me recently....

I was in a relationship, moved in with the girl like 2 weeks ago, and left 4 days later.

We were in the process of moving, and im sitting in the place we got, wondering what had happened to her getting groceries and stuff to start us off (we both chipped in). Anyway, my olds noticed this and went n bought some stuff for us, this pissed her off (even though they were only helping?), and I said to her that I didn't have anymore money to put in for groceries and that they wanted to help, so she's like "well maybe you should have thought of this before you said yes to moving in" (she asked me to move in, not the other way around)

Anyway, fast forward to australia day, and we get up for breakfast and find out that my fridge had frozen the eggs we had in there (she turned it up because some stuff wasnt cold enough), so we went to her parents place where she happened to mention that the fridge froze some things.

Later that afternoon she tells me that her parents were coming up to look at the place, and low and behold, they rock up with a new fridge. Normally im loathe to accept "charity" (too proud for that) but I made the exception because of her little kid and the fact that a fridge freezing food aint good.

I find out later that night after she left her phone inbox open that not only did she know about the fridge (her mother told her it was her choice whether she told me or not) but she lied right to my face about it, not only this, but she'd been **** talking me behind my back to her friends, making up all sorts of ****, that I didnt help with the move and crap (I supplied all the furniture ****, and it was me and my brother in law that moved it in, he even bought us a pantry because there wasnt one in the place).

I was halfway through doing the dishes when I saw this stuff on her phone, and I packed a bag and walked out without saying anything, I can tolerate a lot of **** (id've put up with the **** slinging to friends) but I wont stand for it when someone lies right to my face.

And it pretty much turned to **** when she bought my family into it, saying all sorts of crap about my 2 year old nephew still being in nappies (when her 3 year old isnt even out of them yet) and giving my older sister **** for the 3 miscarriages shes had. Giving my olds **** asking when they were gonna move in and wipe our asses because they helped us out when her family didnt lift a finger.

Turned really sour at the beginning. And the funny thing is, we'd even talked about kids and stuff (while I was completely **** blind to how she was being behind my back)

We ended up talking about it yesterday, and agreed that it'd be best if we didn't get back together, beside the fact that I dont think I could trust her (as much as it still hurts) I cant forget the **** she said to my family.

So thats basically it (this next bit is gonna sound like a sob story) this is like the umpteenth time ive tried to get ahead in life only to have the good times kicked out from underneath me and have to start again, kinda grates on your nerves after a while..lol.

I have absolutely no **** idea how to deal with this now...really did love the girl
julian87
Laurie Daley

Re: Women?

Post by julian87 »

You made teh right decision to **** her off tbh. I know a lot of younger relationships aren't as serious as the one I'm in but you've got to have each others' backs 100% IMO.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Take it from a bloke that has been with the same beautiful woman for 15 years,it all sound pretty trivial to me,ring her up and get it on mate.
This place is woke.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Mate, if you cannot trust her then don't enter into a relationship with her.

Relationships are built on a foundation of trust, honesty and also forgiveness. It sounds like you have issues with all three.

Dude, you deserve someone who will respect you (wont rag on you behind your back), be honest with you (and also discreet), and of course be gracious with you.

Your heart will heal, your bad feelings disappear and in the future you will agree that she wasn't the one for you.

Move on Vic. :)
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Grant
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Josh Miller

Post by Grant »

Question wrote:Take it from a bloke that has been with the same beautiful woman for 15 years,it all sound pretty trivial to me,ring her up and get it on mate.
To quote Brandan Lee in the Crow "Nothing in life is trivial".

You made the right decision. You have to find someone who will meet you 1/2 way. Otherwise you'll be sitting there 10 years from now with the same person who is still slinging mud at you and your family for offering help. You don't need that, you need someone who can make you a better person, not feel like a worse one.

Glad you kicked her to the Kerb, there's plenty of Fish in the sea... unless you live in a Desert in which there are no seas, in which case you're screwed
The Naked Zombie
Gary Belcher

Post by The Naked Zombie »

The most important thing is that you want to be with this girl, then you need to stop blaming each other for things and learn to forgive. Any relationship is going to have a butt-load of arguments and misunderstanding - especially if you've both got strong personalities - and if you don't resolve these differences and allow the pain to fester, it's doomed.

If you want to spend your life with her, and from what you've said it's pretty clear you do, then get her back ASAP, because when she's gone she's gone for good.
VictorTheViking
Ricky Stuart

Post by VictorTheViking »

We've talked since this happened, and I aired my issues, so its anybodies guess as to what happens from here, were still friendly I guess, so anything could happen, but then again, is it worth the risk?
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Mate as i said,these are quite trivial,although brando Lee might disagree,young love ,crazy times.worth the risk? Ask yourself why you are so cut up in the first place,i believe you will find the answer.
This place is woke.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Even though you didn't want people to feel sorry for you, I'm sure everyone does feel for your current situation.

And whatever you do, don't take advice from people on this thread! You know the situation and what is best for you and all concerned. Only you can know that.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

greeneyed wrote:Even though you didn't want people to feel sorry for you, I'm sure everyone does feel for your current situation.

And whatever you do, don't take advice from people on this thread! You know the situation and what is best for you and all concerned. Only you can know that.
Mind your own business and go to the joe picker 2010 angle/line running thread.
This place is woke.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Question wrote:
greeneyed wrote:Even though you didn't want people to feel sorry for you, I'm sure everyone does feel for your current situation.

And I'd be particularly concerned if the poor bloke listened to the likes of you.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

greeneyed wrote:
Question wrote:

And I'd be particularly concerned if the poor bloke listened to the likes of you.
really? why is that? I am a success story in love a guru if you will.
This place is woke.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Because your views are generally inane or ridiculous.

And I should add, they are mostly obviously deliberately inane and ridiculous. So give us a break and maybe contribute to actual discussion.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

greeneyed wrote:Because your views are generally inane or ridiculous.
So tell me what was rediculous in this thread ,I leave the rediculous for the RL boards where it is much more appropriate.
This place is woke.
Grant
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Josh Miller

Post by Grant »

Question has a habit of going against the grain in these forums, and he's telling you to get back with her. What does that tell you?

I have a rule when it comes to dating, also works with food as well. Don't double dip. You broke up the 1st time for a reason. Learn from it, accept it, and move on
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Green_wif_envy wrote:Question has a habit of going against the grain in these forums
from where i sit it speaks volumes.

After all i am the one with the runs on the board in romance it would seem.
This place is woke.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

:rant Hate people like that.... tell her where to stick the frozen eggs.
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

2 things;

1. Dont put up with people talking about your family, there is a line just before that and she crossed it.

2. Love the way you left, very dramatic! Awesome.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

greeneyed wrote:Because your views are generally inane or ridiculous.

And I should add, they are mostly obviously deliberately inane and ridiculous. So give us a break and maybe contribute to actual discussion.
I actually think a lot of questions opinions, serious or not, add a lot to this forum which is way too often over run by a large number of people with the same forced opinion.
The Naked Zombie
Gary Belcher

Post by The Naked Zombie »

I'd go as far as to say that Q is the ladle that stirs the Greenhouse gumbo.
Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael »

I think we should start a thread where we share stories about the various times we've been burned by girls - nothing like a bit of schadenfreude to chase the blues away... :D
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

Post by Captain Punish »

Michael wrote:I think we should start a thread where we share stories about the various times we've been burned by girls - nothing like a bit of schadenfreude to chase the blues away... :D
Imagine the work involved to moderate that!!
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
The Name Change Bet - Regarding the three bets above;
I win all three I keep my name.
I win one I become "the Punish"
I lose all I become "Chicken Little"
lizzie
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Campese

Post by lizzie »

Worm wrote:
Michael wrote:I think we should start a thread where we share stories about the various times we've been burned by girls - nothing like a bit of schadenfreude to chase the blues away... :D

But I'm sure you'd only have lovely things to say..... :hi
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley

Post by Captain Punish »

lizzie wrote:
Worm wrote:

But I'm sure you'd only have lovely things to say..... :hi
Of course.. :roll:
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

First a few questions:

1. How long had you been together?
2. Why on earth were you going through her phone in the first place? That imo, is a massive No no.

A few points:

- Geez mate, it all seems a bit over the top, i've had women who have done far FAR worse than that to me and i've gone back. These kinds of arguements are normal but you dont get up and leave over it, you just deal with it and move on. Believe me dude, you've got off easy on this one :lol:

- Seriously what did you hope to gain from looking through her phone? Your in a relationship, things arent always rosey and when they arent, she's going to bitch to her friends about it, the reason she does this is to blow off steam, everyone does it, im sure you did to your mates on occasion you've had the **** at her and if you didnt, your probably in minority. I used to **** can my GF all the time to mates when she pissed me off, and she did the same to her friends, the thing is they were trival matters not worth making a big thing about so id vent to my mates and get on with life. It doesnt qualify as back stabbing, she probably just cracked it and needed to vent, but figured it wasnt worth making a arguement about it

- I serious think you've over reacted BIG time on the fridge issue, and you cant just walk out over a trival matter like that without discussing it. Communication is the key to relationships, if you dont have that, it wont work. If you were annoyed at her lying, talk to her calmly about it and explain you'd prefer she be honest in the future. End of the day its a fridge, you needed it, i can understand being proud and not wanting to accept charity but pride comes before the fall ;)

- In relationships, there are white lies that get told, they are harmless and meaningless aimed simply life easier, and ti avoid hurting the other persons feelings. In this case, your partner probably knew you to be a proud man who would not accept charity but recognised the need for a fridge and figure the best way possible was to prentend she knew nothing about it. That is a normal lie to tell and at the end of the day, quite harmless and trival

- finally, thats what parents do, if you need something they buy it for you, and they generally dont accept no as an answer. They want to feel apart of your life and if helping out by buying a fridge is what they want to do, thats what they'll do and denying them this will only serve to upset them.

All in all mate, i think you need to figure out if you love her. If you do, make it work, you dont lose love over some trival nonsense like this.
dreaming09
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sami Sauiluma

Post by dreaming09 »

Victor stop playing the victim, and be very thankful that you found this out now and not when you had more time and energy and assets invested in it.
Be greatful you don't have any kids with her, just think how bad your life would be then, she'd have you by your proverbials.
The alarm bells are ringing Victor, can you hear them, I say get all your furniture and *******run for your life.
Some people can't live without drama in their life, nice, nasty nice nasty, if you don't want to live like that get out, because she's in the nice stage now to keep you there.
''It's probably the greatest collection of brain explosions ever been created in a game of first-grade football,'' McIntyre said.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

I think there is more involved than the fridge issue.

To me it sounds like these guys had troubles before all this started and their communication (or lack thereof) inflamed the situation.

Honesty. Trust. Grace. Respect.

Without them, you'll go nowhere.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

:lol: im in!
Have i got some yarns to tell you lads! :lol:
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley

Post by Captain Punish »

I must be an exception to the rule...

I have nothing but praise and many terms of endearment to say about my ex..

Lovely, lovely girl.... :D
Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael »

Nick wrote:
Did I tell you about the time I left a Uni Bar party to go home with this Finnish girl, it was about a 45 min walk to her joint, only for some douche in a WRX to come and pick her up and take her into town, leaving me with a hour-long walk back to my joint? :lol: And that I retaliated my shagging her much, much uglier housemate, leaving the joke completely on me?
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

Michael wrote:
Nick wrote:
Did I tell you about the time I left a Uni Bar party to go home with this Finnish girl, it was about a 45 min walk to her joint, only for some douche in a WRX to come and pick her up and take her into town, leaving me with a hour-long walk back to my joint? :lol: And that I retaliated my shagging her much, much uglier housemate, leaving the joke completely on me?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh my **** god... thats hilarious... what a **** in the WRX though! :lol:
Cock blocked by a twat in a WRX... good christ

I remember being younger and having a keen eye for a girl, i invited her and her best mate (a guy i swear was gay) around for a party i was having, anyways wanting to impress i brought up the local boozer and supplied free grog, we all got nicely toasted, i had her in my room, then she asked before we moved on if i could get her best mate so she could get him to pick her up in the morning... and hour later she comes out of MY room with him! And he took her home, to his place! :lol:
Rookie mistake :lol:
Stringer
John Ferguson

Post by Stringer »

Man, your brave posting up that with the likes who are hanging around on this website!!!
Good luck with getting things back on track.
A big thanks to Fistinz for the signature
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Completely disagree that bitching about your partner is a perfectly acceptable thing.
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

julian87 wrote:Completely disagree that bitching about your partner is a perfectly acceptable thing.
each to their own i guess
but i know from personal experience, ive not met a single successful couple who dont occasionally crack the **** and bitch about their partner in some sense... usually about trival **** like house duties, money spent at the pub/on clothes or hair, or nagging etc

as i said, if you dont, i would think your in an extremely small minority, and im tipping on a girls night out, your partner has probably heard ushering lines like "I love him but god he annoys me when he does/doesnt do _____"

and if she hasnt, congrats, you are a perfect couple, a very rare thing indeed. :thumbsup
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Ha yeah the trivial things are ok. More serious things shouldn't be discussed in such a way though i reckon.