Women?

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Re: Women?

Post by Nick »

julian87 wrote:Ha yeah the trivial things are ok. More serious things shouldn't be discussed in such a way though i reckon.
Na not serious things, i agree there.
Seriously slagging off your partner i agree is not on, but blowing off some steam and calling your partner a few choice words when you've got the ****, with a mate/sibling/other girlfriends in their case, nothing wrong with that

in this case, a move is a very stressful time, if his partner had the **** at him for what ever reason, i dont think its that bad that she slag him off a bit and exagerates the truth a little on what he did and didnt do during the move. For mine thats a laugh and move on moment.

my real concern is looking through the phone, i have never once cheated on a partner and have never even been tempted to, but i stand by my privacy of my phone. If they go through it they wont find anything but if they trust me, like they should and like i do them, they shouldnt need to go through my phone. i went through my ex's phone once, and that was to see if she'd texted her sister about my b'day present, im a shocker for that sort of thing, hate not knowing what i get for christmas and birthdays :lol:

if you dont trust your partner enough that you need to go through their phone, you've got huge problems to begin with. That being said, short of finding evidence of a serious tranagression such as cheating, i stick by the code that anything found in the phone is inadmissable in a fight. She shouldnt be looking in there and if she finds something she didnt want to know or here like me calling her a bitch when i had the ****, then she can deal with the consequences of it and my line of questioning about trust.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Agree with that I'm the same. Had partners certain I was cheating in the past just because I didn't want them in my phone.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
VictorTheViking
Ricky Stuart

Post by VictorTheViking »

Nick, your right about the phone, however, I didnt exactly go through it, she left it open in plain view and left the room, having said that, your probably right about the **** being inadmissable, but whats done is done, she didnt deny any of the stuff when I brought it up.

There was a few trust issues (not stemming from this) before, which were spoken about, but not completely forgotten.

And whoever said it was right, I'm lucky I found this stuff out now rather than later down the track when there was a bigger investment in the relationship.

Anyway, we've spoken about this stuff since, and both agreed that for the time being, we need time off from the whole relationship thing to figure things out, we still talk, have had a drink or two with her since aswell, but i'll reassess where its at after a bit of time and go from there.

Thanks for the input guys and girls :)
The Naked Zombie
Gary Belcher

Post by The Naked Zombie »

I once went through a girlfriend's email [note: no-one here has met this chick :P] when she left it open after a fight. The first thing I discovered was that she'd just applied to work at a brothel and was going in for an interview the next day. The most incredible thing was that she had to provide a resume at the interview - what's the deal there? The point is, there's much, much worse things to find out...
beetlejuice
David Furner
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by beetlejuice »

The Naked Zombie wrote:I once went through a girlfriend's email [note: no-one here has met this chick :P] when she left it open after a fight. The first thing I discovered was that she'd just applied to work at a brothel and was going in for an interview the next day. The most incredible thing was that she had to provide a resume at the interview - what's the deal there? The point is, there's much, much worse things to find out...
woh! thats pretty **** up!
Love the Raiders, Hate The NRL.
mick63
David Grant
Favourite Player: chicka,lazzo,logan,rapana

Post by mick63 »

The best advice i can give you is pick your lip up off the floor.
Good women dont like weak men.
To walk out after reading something on her phone instead of dealing with it face to face,there and then is weak.Piss weak,in fact.

**** you're a viking arent you?
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

The Naked Zombie wrote:I once went through a girlfriend's email [note: no-one here has met this chick :P] when she left it open after a fight. The first thing I discovered was that she'd just applied to work at a brothel and was going in for an interview the next day. The most incredible thing was that she had to provide a resume at the interview - what's the deal there? The point is, there's much, much worse things to find out...
OMG...did you slam doors and punch a hole in the wall?
This place is woke.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

Nah, can understand your logic Viking, I would have walked too.

Nick, it isn't just a minor thing, he looked at her phone and not only was she giving him ****, she was making up **** about him. There is no respect there. That is without even starting on the fact that she lied, gave him **** about his family (including insults about a Sister's miscarriage - who the fugg does that?) and generally tried a massive power play over a guy just trying to meet halfway in a relationship.

I am 28 and have been with my girl for 10 years, about 4 of those as Husband and Wife. We've had a few arguements here and there but mostly everything is great. Neither of us would put up with what has been portraying in Vikings story.

Dubby has summed up my thoughts pretty well actually. However, my general feeling while reading the original post was that all the fun of being together had gone from Vikings relationship. It took moving in together to realise how different they were but realistically things were probably rocky before that and trying to be comfortable together. It appears they were trying to do what is socially the right thing by moving in together and straight away it revealed they weren't compatible. With full respect Viking, I prefer that happened than the old days when you got married and found out later on that you hated living / being together.

ps. I have absolutley no problem with the phone thing. The phone was open, he was curious, it paid off or he'd be still there being backstabbed. My wife had told me 1000 time she has no desire to cheat or be involved with other men. I believe her. Her phone was open once so I checked anyway. Why not sleep that 0.0001% better if you can? She has looked through my phone too....and said my friends talk too much sport :D
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
Sasha
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Woodgers

Post by Sasha »

Woodgers wrote: She has looked through my phone too....and said my friends talk too much sport :D
Did she ask why you had pics of KW wearing nothing but a pair of speedos?
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde

Post by Woodgers »

Schifty wrote:
Woodgers wrote: She has looked through my phone too....and said my friends talk too much sport :D
:lol: Not yet however I did show her and he laughed hard so no drama.

The thing she is most surprised about looking at my messages or answering my phone is how crude we all are together. She has answered my phone or opened a message that simply said "What's going on ****?" etc. That is being tame and trying not to upset the filter as well. I get some nastily funny messages.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
The Naked Zombie
Gary Belcher

Question wrote:
OMG...did you slam doors and punch a hole in the wall?
I was not a happy man and cut off ties with her, moved away started a relationship with a girl who didn't want to sell her body. She's been pining for the Zombie ever since, the poor girl.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Woodgers wrote:
Schifty wrote:
:lol: Not yet however I did show her and he laughed hard so no drama.

The thing she is most surprised about looking at my messages or answering my phone is how crude we all are together. She has answered my phone or opened a message that simply said "What's going on ****?" etc. That is being tame and trying not to upset the filter as well. I get some nastily funny messages.
**** :lol:

One of my favorites,I have been using **** lips of late,nothing like a good bitch fight and then sending through a text "You OK **** lips"
This place is woke.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde

Post by Woodgers »

The best thing is she trys not to laugh when she answers my phone while i'm driving and a mate says something like "Is that a mobile phone or the usual dik in your ear?" etc. She politely tells them i'm driving and also trys to keep a straight face as the guy on the other end apologises as best they can and say they aren't normally like that :D
Butters
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Butters »

Chin up fella, she sounds like a bit of a cow tbh. Tough in the short run, but you will be happier in the long run without her if you can't trust the girl.

To conclude, 'Bitches ain't ****, but hoes and tricks.'
PROUD MEMBER OF THE CONVERSION ENTHUSIASTS
2009 Golden Boogs: McLinden Award
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

Woodgers wrote:Nah, can understand your logic Viking, I would have walked too.

Nick, it isn't just a minor thing, he looked at her phone and not only was she giving him ****, she was making up **** about him. There is no respect there. That is without even starting on the fact that she lied, gave him **** about his family (including insults about a Sister's miscarriage - who the fugg does that?) and generally tried a massive power play over a guy just trying to meet halfway in a relationship.

ps. I have absolutley no problem with the phone thing. The phone was open, he was curious, it paid off or he'd be still there being backstabbed. My wife had told me 1000 time she has no desire to cheat or be involved with other men. I believe her. Her phone was open once so I checked anyway. Why not sleep that 0.0001% better if you can? She has looked through my phone too....and said my friends talk too much sport :D
I agree there is excuse for her carry on about the family, particually the stuff about his sister, it takes a fairly ordinary person to do that kind of stuff imo.

The rest is absolute nonsense imo and completely trival in the general scheme of things? Who cares if the parents brought a fridge and she lied about her knowledge of that? Is that really a big issue? Not imo. She was probably trying to spare his pride.
Who cares if she told her friends you did **** all during the move in? She was probably pissed off, moving in is a stressful time, she was blowing off steam. Again, not something i consider to be a big issue.

The family stuff fine, if unprovoked and she launched into that sort of triade, fine, thats a perfectly good reason not to go back, thats pretty ordinary form. But everything else is a normal every day fight for couples.

As for the phone, ive found when i trust partners, i dont have to worry about sleeping that 0.00001% better. I dont have a single doubt in the world and i dont need to check their phone to confirm that. Its my opinion anyone riffling through their partners phone to make sure there is no evidence of foul play has trust issues, even on a minor scale. Ive never lost a second of sleep due to wondering if my partner is cheating on me, and i didnt need to go through phone to gain that comfort. If you or others do, fine and dandy, each to their own, but i wont cop it, its an invasion of my privacy.

I've never had reason to mistrust any of my partners and i've never been concerned one bit about the prospect of them cheating on me, so i never bothered checking the phone. If i felt the need to check her phone, i'd leave because it would be a clear case of me not trusting them. My partners have been through my phone, and they've never found anything because there isnt anything to find. Its not about what you find or dont find, its about trust. You either have it, or you dont.

In this instance clearly neither of them really trusted each other, so i dont think moving in together was a great idea, and they are probably better off apart if trival **** like a fridge can create such a rift between them.

I wonder mate, If your partner had one, would you read her diary? And would you let her read yours? It all comes down to privacy and trust. I dont care how long you've been together, you deserve your own privacy, and in this case, if as in your case, you're married and live together, or his case, just moved in, i would expect there to be enough trust not to have to resort to going through peoples phones.

I dont buy the backstabbing claim either, im not privvy to what was said about him, but i assume it was the usual stuff women bitch and moan about when they have the ****, if it was more serious stuff fine but if it was stuff eg house work, pub money, etc, that sort of remedial stuff, complaining to friends or family about that isnt back stabbing, its blowing off steam.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde

Post by Woodgers »

I realise that the stuff like the fridge is trivial, however the bigger picture was that she blasted Viking because his parents bought groceries which she was supposed to do, then went and did the same thing with the fridge that she got up him for. That is clearly double standards so if it applies here, i'd bet my bottom dollar that will be a source of endless problems.

I get your point about trust so not needing to go through someones phone. That is fair enough. However you said it was for your own privacy. When you are Husband and Wife (which you or Vikings aren't in those relationships), what privacy do you need? If a wife says to a husband "I don't want you touching my phone" doesn't that automatically arouse suspicion? I don't see any problem with it. My missus can go through my phone whenever she wants, i've got nothing to hide. Same with my emails etc.

I think without knowing the extent to which she slagged him, it is hard to make a judgement whether it warrants leaving or it is just blowing off steam I reckon. However to me there is a blardy big difference between 'The wife has been busting my nuts lately' to 'He is such a lazy a-hole, that lazy pig doesn't deserve me'.
Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael »

Butters wrote:Chin up fella, she sounds like a bit of a cow tbh. Tough in the short run, but you will be happier in the long run without her if you can't trust the girl.

To conclude, 'Bitches ain't ****, but hoes and tricks.'
:D "If you're having girl problems I feel sorry for ya son, I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one..."
Inactive

Post by Inactive »

Nerkster wrote:Man, your brave posting up that with the likes who are hanging around on this website!!!
Good luck with getting things back on track.
Ditto

some real wackos on this forum

btw my advice would be similar to dubster's
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

Woodgers wrote:I realise that the stuff like the fridge is trivial, however the bigger picture was that she blasted Viking because his parents bought groceries which she was supposed to do, then went and did the same thing with the fridge that she got up him for. That is clearly double standards so if it applies here, i'd bet my bottom dollar that will be a source of endless problems.

I get your point about trust so not needing to go through someones phone. That is fair enough. However you said it was for your own privacy. When you are Husband and Wife (which you or Vikings aren't in those relationships), what privacy do you need? If a wife says to a husband "I don't want you touching my phone" doesn't that automatically arouse suspicion? I don't see any problem with it. My missus can go through my phone whenever she wants, i've got nothing to hide. Same with my emails etc.

I think without knowing the extent to which she slagged him, it is hard to make a judgement whether it warrants leaving or it is just blowing off steam I reckon. However to me there is a blardy big difference between 'The wife has been busting my nuts lately' to 'He is such a lazy a-hole, that lazy pig doesn't deserve me'.
I agree, its hard to make a judgement on the slagging without knowing what was said, and i wouldnt expect the Viking to air more dirty laundry by exposing that, especially with rag tags like us around :lol:

As for the phone issue, i guess it comes down the individual couples, some couples might not have a problem with it, others will, as long as your all on the same page, its all good :cool:
VictorTheViking
Ricky Stuart

Post by VictorTheViking »

Woodgers, to me, the stuff she was saying wasnt garden variety, none of the **** she was saying was true.

She was saying **** like "He didnt do anything all weekend, and that she'd been firing at me with both barrels all weekend, which wasnt true, she'd barely said boo too me all weekend. She was of the opinion that I did nothing all weekend, I moved all the furniture, setup the bedroom, setup the kitchen (including packing everything away) and she says I did nothing???

Thats pretty much it, if thats what you call blowing off steam.....
dreaming09
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sami Sauiluma

Post by dreaming09 »

I don't think she's blowing off steam, she's resentful.
My concern is for the 3 year old child.
''It's probably the greatest collection of brain explosions ever been created in a game of first-grade football,'' McIntyre said.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Question wrote:Take it from a bloke that has been with the same beautiful woman for 15 years,it all sound pretty trivial to me,ring her up and get it on mate.

15years, christ mate how many puncture repair kits have you gone through :P
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Bay56 wrote:
Nerkster wrote:Man, your brave posting up that with the likes who are hanging around on this website!!!
Good luck with getting things back on track.
Ditto

some real wackos on this forum

btw my advice would be similar to dubster's
was sure you'd blame Furner :lol:
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
raidersmalt
Brett Mullins

Post by raidersmalt »

Funniest thread in GH history.

What surprises me more than anything is that someone on the gh actually has a girl friend.
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

:lol: not any more....
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

This place causes me unbelievable stress in my marriage. :)

I'm not sure what my missus means when she says go and talk to your poofy mates on the computer.
The Naked Zombie
Gary Belcher

As a quick update to this, I actually went out for a drink with this sheila last night, for the first time in 3+ years. She told me that the day after I dumped her, she met a 45-year-old married bloke on the internet and went straight over to his house to bang him while his wife and kids were out. Nice. Didn't stop me taking her down the beach and *EDIT*

I am a bad man sometimes.
-LG-
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by -LG- »

TBH I think it's worse that you read her SMS's than that she bitched about you to her friends/family.

As Nick pointed out, a move is stressful, it brings out the worst in all of us. But I'm not sure there's any excuse for reading private conversations between others, you're bound to find something you don't like, because we all perceive situations differently.

Trust is everything in a relationship. It's the glue. Without it, you're doomed. As you perceive it, she's broken your trust. But then you went looking for it, and broke her trust in the process. In sum, neither of you sounds particularly trusting of each other, so perhaps it was for the best.

/agony aunt.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

The Naked Zombie wrote:As a quick update to this, I actually went out for a drink with this sheila last night, for the first time in 3+ years. She told me that the day after I dumped her, she met a 45-year-old married bloke on the internet and went straight over to his house to bang him while his wife and kids were out. Nice. Didn't stop me taking her down the beach and *EDIT*
What's so offensive about playing volleyball? Was that edited by you or the moderators Zombie? ;)
Raiders Lime Milk
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Malcolm Norman Meninga

Post by Raiders Lime Milk »

gangrenous wrote:
The Naked Zombie wrote:As a quick update to this, I actually went out for a drink with this sheila last night, for the first time in 3+ years. She told me that the day after I dumped her, she met a 45-year-old married bloke on the internet and went straight over to his house to bang him while his wife and kids were out. Nice. Didn't stop me taking her down the beach and *EDIT*
What's so offensive about playing volleyball?
I can think of a couple of things...

raidersmalt
Brett Mullins

Post by raidersmalt »

The Naked Zombie wrote:
As a quick update to this, I actually went out for a drink with this sheila last night, for the first time in 3+ years. She told me that the day after I dumped her, she met a 45-year-old married bloke on the internet and went straight over to his house to bang him while his wife and kids were out. Nice. Didn't stop me taking her down the beach and *EDIT*

I am a bad man sometimes.
Sounds like you're both ....classy.
The Naked Zombie
Gary Belcher

Mate, anyone who knows me is of the opinion I have as much class as a homeless man who sucks bananas for booze money, but that chick was even worse. She's also had a boyfriend for the last two years, which was half the reason I was interested. Sucked in, dude.
mick63
David Grant

Post by mick63 »

You can't live with 'em

You can't live without 'em
Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Post by Professor »

mick63 wrote:You can't live with 'em

You can't live without 'em
Having a rough time, mate?
mick63
David Grant

Post by mick63 »

No more than usual 85, I mean marriage is an unwieldy beast at the best of times .
But I don't want to break the internet by getting married guys to complain about their relationship.