Steve's Lazy Snooker Est 2005

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: Steve's Lazy Snooker

Post by dubby »

Image Good thing I'm already in the bar.

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Lucy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Tarps

Post by Lucy »

Dammit. Image

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Charlie Gubb has entered to drown his sorrows after reading the thread about his signing. He joins Brett Kelly for a game of darts.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Steve's Lazy Snooker

Post by The Nickman »

Captain Punish wrote:Dammit. Image

God I can't wait for that last one

Wonder if you've got a more impressive list than billyt?
Lucy
Brett Mullins

Post by Lucy »

The Nickman wrote:
Captain Punish wrote:Dammit. Image

God I can't wait for that last one

Wonder if you've got a more impressive list than billyt?
Captain Punish ain't going anywhere. He holds up on end of the bar as he drunkenly rants about better times when Ricky hadn't spoiled his "Canberra" legacy.

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Did you see all the security camera's swivel around when Punish walked in?

I'd order by the glass if I were you, mate. Don't think you'll be here long.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Lucy
Brett Mullins

Post by Lucy »

T_R wrote:Did you see all the security camera's swivel around when Punish walked in?

I walked into Steve's Lazy Snooker,
Like I was walking on to a yacht.
My hat strategically backward as it always is,
My punish ready for onslaught.
I had one eye on the mirror,
As I watched GE in my blindspot.
And all the mods dreamed that I'd be deported, I'd be deported and..

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Captain Punish wrote:
T_R wrote:Did you see all the security camera's swivel around when Punish walked in?

This is a classy joint. When we do quotes, they're Shakespearean.

Punish
Nickman, what news? What is GreenEyed’s doom? What sorrow crave acquaintance at my hand, That I yet know not?

Nickman
Too familiar, Is my dear son with such sour company, I bring thee tidings of GreenEyed’s doom.

Punish
What less that doomsday is GreenEyed’s doom?

Nickman
A gentler judgement vanished from his lips; Not body’s death, but your handle’s banning.

Punish
Ha! Banning! Be merciful, say ‘Death”. For banning hath more terror in his look, Much more than death. Do not say ‘Banning’.

Nickman
Hence from The Greenhouse art thou banned! Be patient, for the internet is broad and wide

Punish
The is no world without The Greenhouse walls! But purgatory, torture, hell itself! Hence ‘banned’ is banned from the world, and world’s exile is death!

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

I'm on just enough endone for that to make sense

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Edrick The Entertainer
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

O true apothecary!
Thy drugs are quick.

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Hey boney.

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

why is dubby wearing lederhosen?

Edrick The Entertainer
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

and why isn't anyone else wearing pants?
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

T_R wrote:
Captain Punish wrote:

This is a classy joint. When we do quotes, they're Shakespearean.

Punish
Nickman, what news? What is GreenEyed’s doom? What sorrow crave acquaintance at my hand, That I yet know not?

Nickman
Too familiar, Is my dear son with such sour company, I bring thee tidings of GreenEyed’s doom.

Punish
What less that doomsday is GreenEyed’s doom?

Nickman
A gentler judgement vanished from his lips; Not body’s death, but your handle’s banning.

Punish
Ha! Banning! Be merciful, say ‘Death”. For banning hath more terror in his look, Much more than death. Do not say ‘Banning’.

Nickman
Hence from The Greenhouse art thou banned! Be patient, for the internet is broad and wide

Punish
The is no world without The Greenhouse walls! But purgatory, torture, hell itself! Hence ‘banned’ is banned from the world, and world’s exile is death!
What the hell are you about?? Too classy for me, I prefer lymericks:

There was a young punish named Luce
Carries on like a real **** goose
He gets banned every year
Thrown out on his fat ear
Yet comes back with the same bloody deuce
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

There was a young man named Punish
Whose posts are at first, well, fun-ish
But he's just diff'rently wired
His puns soon grow tired
And he from the GH we must banish

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

It's ok, but I'm taking points away for rhyming punish with banish.

Stick to whatever the **** that other **** up there was, pal.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Sid wrote:and why isn't anyone else wearing pants?
I've only got one working arm so pants are beyond me, not sure about the rest

Edrick The Entertainer
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

The Nickman wrote:It's ok, but I'm taking points away for rhyming punish with banish.

Stick to whatever the **** that other **** up there was, pal.
I have an accent, you racist prick!

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Is the accent on "banish" or "punish"??

Also, where the **** has the bartender gone?? My pitcher of beer has only a quarter left in it!
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

bonehead wrote:why is dubby wearing lederhosen?

It smells nice Image

Hey do they make nice cheese toast here?

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

The Nickman wrote:Is the accent on "banish" or "punish"??

Also, where the **** has the bartender gone?? My pitcher of beer has only a quarter left in it!
Imagine that I'm from New Zealand, and read it again.

You know, I'm very, very sick of your crass ethnocentrism

Lucy
Brett Mullins

Post by Lucy »

There once was man who was me.
No one was as handsome as he.
Because he's a ****.
Off the GH they did punt.
But he returned via personality three.

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

This is the worst bar ever

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Yeah but we can't leave because big cheese is guarding the door

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

T_R wrote:
The Nickman wrote:Is the accent on "banish" or "punish"??

Imagine that I'm from New Zealand, and read it again.

You know, I'm very, very sick of your crass ethnocentrism
There once was a man called TR
He was friends with Reptar
They knew a guy called Nick
Who loved a guy named stick
And he had a chrome bull bar

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

God, dubby is just the worst after two light beers, isn't he??
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

I haven't had one yet Image

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Oh god!
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

I'm just excited to be seen with the cool kids

Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

yup, I checked Dubby's 'Alf' stubby cooler.. he's still on the Nehi's.
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

The Nickman wrote:God, dubby is just the worst after two light beers, isn't he??
:D

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Hey I don't drink light beer. Peroni Ftw

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I only drink **** 8.5% ales that TR rams down my throat at lunchtime.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

The Nickman wrote:I only drink **** 8.5% ales that TR rams down my throat at lunchtime.
Fun day!

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Nickman wrote:Also, where the **** has the bartender gone?? My pitcher of beer has only a quarter left in it!
I was writing Through green eyes.