The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Re: Police

Post by hrundi89 »

bleeding green wrote:
Raider_69 wrote:I live in western sydney, and cops are reknowned for being pricks around here but there is a very simple reason for that, because most around here get lippy and show no respect, and i am tipping that is the cause of 99% of issues you people are having with cops, maybe you dont disrespect them but chances are the bloke they pulled over 2 minutes prior was a right royal **** and they are still annoyed at the general public's attitude towards cops when they pull you over

imagine dealing with mouthy pricks all day every day at your work, you'd probably be a bit **** and maybe rude too. I've always found that whilst initially they come across as pricks but once ive showed them the proper respect they deserve, they've actually been pretty nice blokes. :thumbsup
Well it works both ways doesn't .....it come across as a prick and you will get treated like one. Any cop who thinks that they can start off being arrogant to test out the citizen they are dealing with is one of those that I am referring to above...abusing their position of 'limited' authority.
It's simple really, "do to others as you want done unto you". Cops should be no differant regardless of who they just dealt with.
If you're being a model citizen there's no reason for them to talk to you...
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.
Mick
Simon Woolford

Post by Mick »

Bulgarelli Sugar Co wrote:
Mick wrote:AFP are a bunch of useless tossers don't do **** even when you report an actual crime to them i.e an assault in civic when they're next door. What about the guy they shot in Chapman a while back? total Bull. No doubt there's a couple of good ones in there but in my experience they are generally rubbish.
oh and what about the general breaking of the law they do. I was doing 120 on the parkway once and a marked copcar appeared behind me I thought **** I'm gone here, then he just passed me and the 3 cars in front of me must've gone 140 no sirens, I'm glad not to get booked but still...
Ridiculous...Do you have any idea what happened with the guy in Chapman or are you just spouting nonsense? Are you upset because you were out drunk one night and copped a punch and the cops told you to come back the next day and make a statement when you're not blind?
The guy in Chapman had a kendo stick and there were several officers in attendance,with batons n capsicum spray and what not there had to be a better way than severely crippling him for life especially since he was mad, not bad. I haven't been assaulted while out luckily but a mate was and the police actually said to him "errr we're busy" I've also seen a guy get chased with a chair through civic and the police staggering up after the action's over. As far as the law goes on speeding, talking on the phone while driving etc, I think police should book people since its the law after all, but for the sake of professionalism they should hold themselves to the same or a higher standard.
bleeding green
Brett Mullins

Post by bleeding green »

hrundi89 wrote:
bleeding green wrote:
Raider_69 wrote:I live in western sydney, and cops are reknowned for being pricks around here but there is a very simple reason for that, because most around here get lippy and show no respect, and i am tipping that is the cause of 99% of issues you people are having with cops, maybe you dont disrespect them but chances are the bloke they pulled over 2 minutes prior was a right royal **** and they are still annoyed at the general public's attitude towards cops when they pull you over

imagine dealing with mouthy pricks all day every day at your work, you'd probably be a bit **** and maybe rude too. I've always found that whilst initially they come across as pricks but once ive showed them the proper respect they deserve, they've actually been pretty nice blokes. :thumbsup
Well it works both ways doesn't .....it come across as a prick and you will get treated like one. Any cop who thinks that they can start off being arrogant to test out the citizen they are dealing with is one of those that I am referring to above...abusing their position of 'limited' authority.
It's simple really, "do to others as you want done unto you". Cops should be no differant regardless of who they just dealt with.
If you're being a model citizen there's no reason for them to talk to you...
Absolute load of crap. Have you heard of Randem breathe testing? And as I mentioned before, been pulled over on a few occasions for having done nothing wrong, questioned, and of course not fined. Some of the tools are just on constant power trips.
Karne
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Karne »

Well I have to say that I have never had any trouble with the police (although it would be nice if they could actually DO something about next door - we've been abused, threatened, and the like, and we got told that nothing could be done).

I've been pulled over a grand total of twice, both for RBT's. The first time was in Sydney when we went to buy a rally car and I was freaking slightly (I was driving IN SYDNEY, hello, that's enough reason for a nervous breakdown! Plus I was towing the car-trailer!) and the guy simply asked for my licence, made some dig about my jumper (I was wearing my Raiders jumper) and breath-tested me (although his instructions needed to be a bit more explicit - how was I meant to know that he meant counting to ten out loud? :lol: ) but he was very polite and respectful throughout.

Then I got pulled over again not that long ago for RBT, and the guy was really pleasant. We had a laugh and I got to four on the count and he said, "That was quick, you failed already" and we laughed again before he sent me on my way.

Moral of the story: If you respect the police, they will respect you.
Raiders for the Premiership! Bugger in a couple of years, this year!
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

It is very hard to be rude to someone if they are being nice to you......... :)
bleeding green
Brett Mullins

Post by bleeding green »

If only they taught that in Goulburn
Mick
Simon Woolford

Post by Mick »

Sometimes, and some of them will still be jerks, but they all deserve the benefit ofthe doubt in the first instance.
Lurch
John Ferguson

Post by Lurch »

Campo for PM wrote:There are a few knobs, but you get that in every profession
Exactly. There's also plenty of knobs on this forum. I could name names but most people know who I'm talking about. ;)
mike83au
Steve Walters

Post by mike83au »

Lurch wrote:
Campo for PM wrote:There are a few knobs, but you get that in every profession
Exactly. There's also plenty of knobs on this forum. I could name names but most people know who I'm talking about. ;)
:lol:

For the record, I've never had any issues with cops. Anytime I've had contact with one, it's always been good.
Lurch
John Ferguson

Post by Lurch »

Speaking of knobs...

:hi Mikey
mike83au
Steve Walters

Post by mike83au »

Lurch wrote:Speaking of knobs...

:hi Mikey
Actually, I lie... I have had one horrible experience with a police officer.

It happened at Toyota Park last year... there I was just minding my own business watching the Raiders get pumped when all of a sudden, some cop just taps me on the shoulder and introduces himself.

He was hideous! It was one of the most terrifying experiences of my life! :)
Lurch
John Ferguson

Post by Lurch »

:lol:

Just teaching you a lesson. A pretty little bloke like you should always be wary of what's behind him. :P
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Nothing I've seen about Mikey would suggest he is "pretty" .
mike83au
Steve Walters

Post by mike83au »

Azza wrote:Nothing I've seen about Mikey would suggest he is "pretty" .
Unlike your good self, princess.
Sasha
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Woodgers

Post by Sasha »

****, can't we just say you're all ugly and get on with it :hi
raider_jim
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by raider_jim »