Restaurant advice

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

T_R
Don Furner

Restaurant advice

Post by T_R »

Ok, Canberra folk. I'm 20 years out of date on the dining scene down there.

My kids are staying with their grandparents in Canberra this week and there are a couple of birthdays to celebrate. I've made a booking for them to take their grandparents out to Courgette. Looks quite nice on the web, and the wine list is pretty damn fine.

Anyone want to give me some feedback on the place? Thanks!

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Restaurant advice

Post by greeneyed »

Haven’t been there for quite a while, but I thought it was very good. It is consistently well reviewed. Maintained standards for a long time.

https://www.goodfood.com.au/eat-out/goo ... 008-h16dms

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T_R
Don Furner

Re: Restaurant advice

Post by T_R »

greeneyed wrote:
June 30, 2020, 10:57 am
Haven’t been there for quite a while, but I thought it was very good. It is consistently well reviewed. Maintained standards for a long time.

https://www.goodfood.com.au/eat-out/goo ... 008-h16dms

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you, sir!

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.

afgtnk
Steve Walters

Post by afgtnk »

T_R wrote:
June 30, 2020, 10:49 am

My kids are staying with their grandparents in Canberra this week and there are a couple of birthdays to celebrate. I've made a booking for them to take their grandparents out to Courgette. Looks quite nice on the web, and the wine list is pretty damn fine.

Probably in the top 3-5 restaurants and has been for a while. About as fancy as Canberra gets.

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Haven't been there for a few years but it is top shelf

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Botman »

T_R wrote:
June 30, 2020, 10:49 am

Last time i went there, which was admittedly a 3-4 years ago, the portion sizes were a tad mean...
with fine dining you expect that but mostly the best ones have a good handle on the balancing act.. it's the only fault we had with it.

Food was tremendous and of very high quailty but my wife and i ended up at a mexican place shortly after getting through some tortilla chips and guac just to properly satisfy us. We are admittedly glutenous pigs though so maybe its just us.
CREATE PROCEDURE BotMan_Post AS
SELECT * FROM Previous_Post
EXEC quote_post
WHERE UserName = 'Aknalkfgnaa' OR 'Yeah Raiders' OR 'Billy B'
EXEC RAND(good_grief; cheak_notes; uh82cit;)

GO;

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Thank y'all

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

T_R will now book out the entire place and have his 'people' manning the doors.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Northern Raider wrote:
July 1, 2020, 9:44 am
T_R will now book out the entire place and have his 'people' manning the doors.
T_R is currently a government welfare case. I'd be more likely to be there hustling for tips.