Off topic

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 18471
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: Off topic

Post by -PJ- » January 15, 2020, 6:09 pm

As long as you pay they(council) don't care.

When I got online to see how much the application fee was it said $110.

When I went in to talk to a human and she had to fill out the application online for me she pinged me $138.83. When I questioned her about the fee she said"administration fees"

Really ? $38.83 admin fees.

I bet you drive a nice car !!

I had identification and rates notice all in my name and she didn't ask for either. AND this was after being told to bring these documents.

Fair dink..I was so close to asking her how much I owed her for the fresh air I breathed while in the building..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
I am not an alcoholic, I'm a binge drinker lacking opportunity..

User avatar
bonehead
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13485
Joined: March 1, 2005, 5:29 am
Location: Smelling The Shiraz

Re: Off topic

Post by bonehead » January 15, 2020, 6:10 pm

-PJ- wrote:As long as you pay they(council) don't care.

When I got online to see how much the application fee was it said $110.

When I went in to talk to a human and she had to fill out the application online for me she pinged me $138.83. When I questioned her about the fee she said"administration fees"

Really ? $38.83 admin fees.

I bet you drive a nice car !!

I had identification and rates notice all in my name and she didn't ask for either. AND this was after being told to bring these documents.

Fair dink..I was so close to asking her how much I owed her for the fresh air I breathed while in the building..
CCC, just do it and talk your way out of it later

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer

gergreg
Steve Walters
Posts: 7505
Joined: June 24, 2008, 4:22 pm

Re: Off topic

Post by gergreg » January 15, 2020, 6:12 pm

Not wanting to rub salt into the wound but I've been granted permission to knock down a eucalyptus behind my garage. It's in good health but too close to my garage. I think we'll cut it down next winter. I quite like it but it overhangs, and drops plenty in my gutters.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017

gergreg
Steve Walters
Posts: 7505
Joined: June 24, 2008, 4:22 pm

Re: Off topic

Post by gergreg » January 15, 2020, 6:17 pm

-PJ- wrote:As long as you pay they(council) don't care.

When I got online to see how much the application fee was it said $110.

When I went in to talk to a human and she had to fill out the application online for me she pinged me $138.83. When I questioned her about the fee she said"administration fees"

Really ? $38.83 admin fees.

I bet you drive a nice car !!

I had identification and rates notice all in my name and she didn't ask for either. AND this was after being told to bring these documents.

Fair dink..I was so close to asking her how much I owed her for the fresh air I breathed while in the building..
They're all a bunch of thieving bastards. ACT Govt promised to abolish stamp duty about 6 or 7 years ago. They've ramped up rates during that period and now they're offering stamp duty concessions to first home buyers only. I don't know if they'll ever get rid of it for everybody?

My boss bought a unit with her sister 10 years ago and recently sold her half out to her sister and had to pay about 4k stamp duty.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 18471
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: Off topic

Post by -PJ- » January 15, 2020, 6:19 pm

bonehead wrote:
January 15, 2020, 6:10 pm
-PJ- wrote:As long as you pay they(council) don't care.

When I got online to see how much the application fee was it said $110.

When I went in to talk to a human and she had to fill out the application online for me she pinged me $138.83. When I questioned her about the fee she said"administration fees"

Really ? $38.83 admin fees.

I bet you drive a nice car !!

I had identification and rates notice all in my name and she didn't ask for either. AND this was after being told to bring these documents.

Fair dink..I was so close to asking her how much I owed her for the fresh air I breathed while in the building..
CCC, just do it and talk your way out of it later

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I can't mate..it's a massive ironbark, probably 25-30m high. It's not only hanging dangerously over my house but neighbours houses as well. I took photos, showed Cheryl even..

And another thing. She told me they'd send out their own tree guy to inspect the tree in 4-6 weeks.

And I'm "4-6 weeks, is your tree guy still on Christmas holidays?"
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
I am not an alcoholic, I'm a binge drinker lacking opportunity..

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 128673
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Off topic

Post by greeneyed » January 15, 2020, 7:55 pm

gergreg wrote:
January 15, 2020, 6:17 pm
-PJ- wrote:As long as you pay they(council) don't care.

When I got online to see how much the application fee was it said $110.

When I went in to talk to a human and she had to fill out the application online for me she pinged me $138.83. When I questioned her about the fee she said"administration fees"

Really ? $38.83 admin fees.

I bet you drive a nice car !!

I had identification and rates notice all in my name and she didn't ask for either. AND this was after being told to bring these documents.

Fair dink..I was so close to asking her how much I owed her for the fresh air I breathed while in the building..
They're all a bunch of thieving bastards. ACT Govt promised to abolish stamp duty about 6 or 7 years ago. They've ramped up rates during that period and now they're offering stamp duty concessions to first home buyers only. I don't know if they'll ever get rid of it for everybody?

My boss bought a unit with her sister 10 years ago and recently sold her half out to her sister and had to pay about 4k stamp duty.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
Rates in the ACT are reaching ridiculous levels. They also don’t give you a discount for early payment... so I’m stringing it out as long as possible in quarterly payments.
Image

User avatar
BJ
David Furner
Posts: 3972
Joined: February 2, 2007, 12:14 pm

Re: Off topic

Post by BJ » January 15, 2020, 8:25 pm

ACT Government has been getting rid of Stamp Duty for 8 years in theory. An $800,000 house in Sydney or Canberra still pay much the same Stamp Duty.

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 18471
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: Off topic

Post by -PJ- » January 16, 2020, 12:26 pm

Can I bore you folk by letting you know Mrs PJ and myself are celebrating 27yrs married today..

Well..not celebrating..just acknowledging the date as we go about our day.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
I am not an alcoholic, I'm a binge drinker lacking opportunity..

User avatar
zim
Steve Walters
Posts: 7183
Joined: July 8, 2015, 3:38 pm
Favourite Player: Past: Brett Mullins
Present: Elliot Whitehead
Location: Sydney

Re: Off topic

Post by zim » January 16, 2020, 1:34 pm

Congrats PJ. No need to get over the top I say. Just a polite nod in passing.

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 18471
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: Off topic

Post by -PJ- » January 16, 2020, 1:42 pm

Thank you..

She deserves a medal.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
I am not an alcoholic, I'm a binge drinker lacking opportunity..

User avatar
bonehead
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13485
Joined: March 1, 2005, 5:29 am
Location: Smelling The Shiraz

Re: Off topic

Post by bonehead » January 16, 2020, 6:50 pm

great work mate, hope the 4 of you have a nice evening

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 18471
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: Off topic

Post by -PJ- » January 16, 2020, 6:57 pm

bonehead wrote:
January 16, 2020, 6:50 pm
great work mate, hope the 4 of you have a nice evening

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
4 ?

The old girl has forgotten..no idea..gone through to the keeper.

But my olds have forgotten as well..nothing..no family love.. :(

We woke up this morning and agreed with each other that neither sets of parents would call, txt or even know..and with only 4hrs to go in the day Mrs PJ and I are winning..

The monster has been in bed since 6 so that's that..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
I am not an alcoholic, I'm a binge drinker lacking opportunity..

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 18471
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: Off topic

Post by -PJ- » January 17, 2020, 10:07 am

I just got back from the RMS..or..RTA.

Licence renewal, all went smooth. I got the safe driver/good bloke discount. 50% off.

They didn't take my photo, I asked the young lass why and she said she had my photo on file from 5yrs ago and she'd use that on my new licence..

"You haven't aged at all" she said.

:) 50 look 45 :)
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
I am not an alcoholic, I'm a binge drinker lacking opportunity..

User avatar
Coastalraider
John Ferguson
Posts: 2305
Joined: May 31, 2015, 7:25 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: Off topic

Post by Coastalraider » January 17, 2020, 10:21 am

-PJ- wrote:
January 17, 2020, 10:07 am
I just got back from the RMS..or..RTA.

Licence renewal, all went smooth. I got the safe driver/good bloke discount. 50% off.

They didn't take my photo, I asked the young lass why and she said she had my photo on file from 5yrs ago and she'd use that on my new licence..

"You haven't aged at all" she said.

:) 50 look 45 :)
Or 45 looked like 50....

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 18471
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: Off topic

Post by -PJ- » January 17, 2020, 11:14 am

Coastalraider wrote:
January 17, 2020, 10:21 am
-PJ- wrote:
January 17, 2020, 10:07 am
I just got back from the RMS..or..RTA.

Licence renewal, all went smooth. I got the safe driver/good bloke discount. 50% off.

They didn't take my photo, I asked the young lass why and she said she had my photo on file from 5yrs ago and she'd use that on my new licence..

"You haven't aged at all" she said.

:) 50 look 45 :)
Or 45 looked like 50....
Yep..
I'm driving around for the next 5yrs on a photo that was taken in 2015. When I return in 2025 surely they will need a new photo..cuz I'll be 55 and look half chewed...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
I am not an alcoholic, I'm a binge drinker lacking opportunity..

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 18471
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: Off topic

Post by -PJ- » January 17, 2020, 12:08 pm

Also..

Is there anyone else here who has recently renewed their licence ?

I received a receipt of payment this morning which also doubles as my licence until my real licence(card) arrives in the mail.

The thing is..where it says licence class is says CU. I've dragged out my past 3 licences dating back 10 years and all those say Class C. Now I know C= car, but I'm unsure of U. Is it unrestricted ?
And there's nothing written under"conditions"even though I ticked that I wear glasses.
Is this something new from Service NSW ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
I am not an alcoholic, I'm a binge drinker lacking opportunity..

User avatar
zim
Steve Walters
Posts: 7183
Joined: July 8, 2015, 3:38 pm
Favourite Player: Past: Brett Mullins
Present: Elliot Whitehead
Location: Sydney

Re: Off topic

Post by zim » January 17, 2020, 12:50 pm

CUrmudgeon?
You really are having bad luck with the government services 😉

User avatar
-TW-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 30858
Joined: July 2, 2007, 11:41 am

Re: Off topic

Post by -TW- » January 17, 2020, 1:18 pm

I don't remember having a U on my NSW licence, it's not a condition code either

If you wear glasses when driving you should have an S

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk


User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 18471
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: Off topic

Post by -PJ- » January 17, 2020, 1:53 pm

zim wrote:
January 17, 2020, 12:50 pm
CUrmudgeon?
You really are having bad luck with the government services 😉
:D yep.

And I've have to deal with Workcover/Auspost soon to renew my forklift ticket..

fun, fun and more fun.

I've decided to wait for the drivers licence to arrive before considering my next step.

I may do nothing..I'm good at that !!

It's raining at my place..just awesome.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
I am not an alcoholic, I'm a binge drinker lacking opportunity..

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 18471
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: Off topic

Post by -PJ- » January 17, 2020, 1:57 pm

-TW- wrote:
January 17, 2020, 1:18 pm
I don't remember having a U on my NSW licence, it's not a condition code either

If you wear glasses when driving you should have an S

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk
I think it may be a new thing their doing Tim.

Like I posted ^^^i still have my last 3 licences and they all say C.

Remember when you sat down, they took a mug shot, asked you to take a seat until your licence was ready ? They don't do that anymore....
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
I am not an alcoholic, I'm a binge drinker lacking opportunity..

User avatar
bonehead
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13485
Joined: March 1, 2005, 5:29 am
Location: Smelling The Shiraz

Re: Off topic

Post by bonehead » January 17, 2020, 3:14 pm

I renewed mine just before Xmas, was updated on my app before i walked out the door, in out done 6mins.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer

User avatar
-TW-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 30858
Joined: July 2, 2007, 11:41 am

Re: Off topic

Post by -TW- » January 17, 2020, 4:45 pm

-PJ- wrote:
-TW- wrote:
January 17, 2020, 1:18 pm
I don't remember having a U on my NSW licence, it's not a condition code either

If you wear glasses when driving you should have an S

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk
I think it may be a new thing their doing Tim.

Like I posted ^^^i still have my last 3 licences and they all say C.

Remember when you sat down, they took a mug shot, asked you to take a seat until your licence was ready ? They don't do that anymore....
Nup all post now

Can get a digital licence on your phone though

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk


User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 18471
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: Off topic

Post by -PJ- » January 18, 2020, 2:35 pm

Yellow Wiggle..Greg..had a heart attack last night during a show in Sydney.

He's in hospital, he's ok, will live, the show goes on...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
I am not an alcoholic, I'm a binge drinker lacking opportunity..

Post Reply