Off topic

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

User avatar
Fuifui Bradbrad
Jason Croker
Posts: 4841
Joined: May 3, 2008, 10:23 pm
Favourite Player: Denan Kemp
Location: Penrith, Sydney, NSW, Australia

Off topic

Post by Fuifui Bradbrad » March 12, 2018, 11:38 am

Indeed. But who was the last one you can think of? I can’t think of anyone more recent than Ivan Milat.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s a damn good thing, but your Milat, John Wayne Gacy, Ted Bundy, Zodiac Killer Level Serial Killer seems to be extinct.

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 14199
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 2284

Re: Off topic

Post by -PJ- » March 13, 2018, 6:23 am

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
March 12, 2018, 11:38 am
Indeed. But who was the last one you can think of? I can’t think of anyone more recent than Ivan Milat.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s a damn good thing, but your Milat, John Wayne Gacy, Ted Bundy, Zodiac Killer Level Serial Killer seems to be extinct.
No I can't think of one in recent times..at home or abroad. Fortunately...

Behave yrself Fui.. :D
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful

User avatar
Fuifui Bradbrad
Jason Croker
Posts: 4841
Joined: May 3, 2008, 10:23 pm
Favourite Player: Denan Kemp
Location: Penrith, Sydney, NSW, Australia

Re: Off topic

Post by Fuifui Bradbrad » March 13, 2018, 4:33 pm

It’s actually got me intrigued, so I looked it up and found an article.. this implies I’m not the only one thinking it haha. There is definitely stats to show the number of Serial Killers at large are on the decline, as well as murders that fit the serial killer profile. There’s 3 theories why this is.
1. Evolution of DNA evidence makes it easier to identify the killer.
2. The Cyber footprint everyone leaves makes it easier to track and catch the killer before they get on a roll.
3. The media beat up isn’t there anymore. Those who do it for the attention are more likely to head down the mass shooting path.

So there you have it. Evolution exists everywhere


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 14199
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 2284

Re: Off topic

Post by -PJ- » March 16, 2018, 6:33 am

I've been called up for jury duty on Tuesday 20th. I've told them I'd like to be home before the team list is released.

Seriously though, anybody else done this recently. I received a letter early Jan saying I'd been added to a list for 12months and a couple of weeks ago I got the call up.

It's just a selecting process I'm guessing where they'll weed out the drongos and select the 12 required.

I'll wear my best tshirt...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful

User avatar
BJ
John Ferguson
Posts: 2741
Joined: February 2, 2007, 12:14 pm

Re: Off topic

Post by BJ » March 16, 2018, 9:01 am

-PJ- wrote:I've been called up for jury duty on Tuesday 20th. I've told them I'd like to be home before the team list is released.

Seriously though, anybody else done this recently. I received a letter early Jan saying I'd been added to a list for 12months and a couple of weeks ago I got the call up.

It's just a selecting process I'm guessing where they'll weed out the drongos and select the 12 required.

I'll wear my best tshirt...

“Get me one Raiders fan on the Jury and we are gonna get you off the prosecutors charge”.

MEJ lawyer to Mal Meninga who was facing a charge of hitting a fellow actor in the groin during the filming of a television commercial.

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 14199
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 2284

Re: Off topic

Post by -PJ- » March 19, 2018, 6:53 pm

-PJ- wrote:
March 16, 2018, 6:33 am
I've been called up for jury duty on Tuesday 20th. I've told them I'd like to be home before the team list is released.

Seriously though, anybody else done this recently. I received a letter early Jan saying I'd been added to a list for 12months and a couple of weeks ago I got the call up.

It's just a selecting process I'm guessing where they'll weed out the drongos and select the 12 required.

I'll wear my best tshirt...
It got canned, not required. Off to work tomorrow...

Did they drongo me before I even got there ?

Harsh.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful

User avatar
BJ
John Ferguson
Posts: 2741
Joined: February 2, 2007, 12:14 pm

Re: Off topic

Post by BJ » March 19, 2018, 7:11 pm

-PJ- wrote:
-PJ- wrote:
March 16, 2018, 6:33 am
I've been called up for jury duty on Tuesday 20th. I've told them I'd like to be home before the team list is released.

Seriously though, anybody else done this recently. I received a letter early Jan saying I'd been added to a list for 12months and a couple of weeks ago I got the call up.

It's just a selecting process I'm guessing where they'll weed out the drongos and select the 12 required.

I'll wear my best tshirt...
It got canned, not required. Off to work tomorrow...

Did they drongo me before I even got there ?

Harsh.

Mmmmmm 12 Angry Men is referring to the movie about a Jury, not to Josh Papalli’s team mates after his shocking play the ball.

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 116691
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Off topic

Post by greeneyed » March 19, 2018, 8:18 pm

That's actually pretty funny BJ.
Image

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 14199
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 2284

Re: Off topic

Post by -PJ- » April 2, 2018, 9:57 am

Today is World Autism Day.

Accept Understand Love
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful

User avatar
bonehead
Laurie Daley
Posts: 12038
Joined: March 1, 2005, 5:29 am
Location: Smelling The Shiraz

Re: Off topic

Post by bonehead » April 2, 2018, 10:17 am

-PJ- wrote:Today is World Autism Day.

Accept Understand Love
Image Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 14199
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 2284

Re: Off topic

Post by -PJ- » April 2, 2018, 10:24 am

bonehead wrote:
April 2, 2018, 10:17 am
-PJ- wrote:Today is World Autism Day.

Accept Understand Love
Image Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
How'd ya go yesd boner ?

Have a good day ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful

User avatar
bonehead
Laurie Daley
Posts: 12038
Joined: March 1, 2005, 5:29 am
Location: Smelling The Shiraz

Re: Off topic

Post by bonehead » April 2, 2018, 11:30 am

-PJ- wrote:
bonehead wrote:
April 2, 2018, 10:17 am
-PJ- wrote:Today is World Autism Day.

Accept Understand Love
Image Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
How'd ya go yesd boner ?

Have a good day ?
cracker.
5 days of work to come then off os for holidays

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 14199
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 2284

Re: Off topic

Post by -PJ- » April 2, 2018, 12:33 pm

Where you off to ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful

User avatar
bonehead
Laurie Daley
Posts: 12038
Joined: March 1, 2005, 5:29 am
Location: Smelling The Shiraz

Re: Off topic

Post by bonehead » April 2, 2018, 4:15 pm

scouting the Raiders Pacific academy

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 14199
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 2284

Re: Off topic

Post by -PJ- » April 2, 2018, 4:57 pm

bonehead wrote:
April 2, 2018, 4:15 pm
scouting the Raiders Pacific academy

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Sweet, have a safe trip and remember...

Be alert not alarmed.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 116691
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2018 Rd 6 V Eels: Teams and Previews

Post by greeneyed » April 10, 2018, 12:07 am

I don’t do sadness anymore...

Awful sweet to be a little butterfly
Just winging over things
And nothing deep inside
Nothing going, going wild in you
You know
You're slowing by the riverside
Or floating high and blue
Or maybe cool to be a little summer wind
Like once through everything
And then away again
With the taste of dust
In your mouth all day
But no need to know
Like sadness
You just sail away

'Cause you know
I don't do sadness
Not even a little bit
Just don't need it in my life
Don't want any part of it
I don't do sadness
Hey I've done my time
Looking back on it all
Man, it blows my mind
I don't do sadness
So been there
Don't do sadness
Just don't care
Image

User avatar
Manchild
Jason Croker
Posts: 4746
Joined: September 28, 2011, 11:29 am
Favourite Player: Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom
Location: Darwin, NT

Re: 2018 Rd 6 V Eels: Teams and Previews

Post by Manchild » April 10, 2018, 7:14 am

greeneyed wrote:I don’t do sadness anymore...

Awful sweet to be a little butterfly
Just winging over things
And nothing deep inside
Nothing going, going wild in you
You know
You're slowing by the riverside
Or floating high and blue
Or maybe cool to be a little summer wind
Like once through everything
And then away again
With the taste of dust
In your mouth all day
But no need to know
Like sadness
You just sail away

'Cause you know
I don't do sadness
Not even a little bit
Just don't need it in my life
Don't want any part of it
I don't do sadness
Hey I've done my time
Looking back on it all
Man, it blows my mind
I don't do sadness
So been there
Don't do sadness
Just don't care
Please stay on topic thanks.

User avatar
reptar
Laurie Daley
Posts: 12906
Joined: January 25, 2005, 9:24 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2018 Rd 6 V Eels: Teams and Previews

Post by reptar » April 10, 2018, 8:15 am

Is that.. a... segment? in a game thread?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.

User avatar
-TW-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 27855
Joined: July 2, 2007, 11:41 am

Re: Off topic

Post by -TW- » April 10, 2018, 10:46 am

Not anymore it's not

User avatar
reptar
Laurie Daley
Posts: 12906
Joined: January 25, 2005, 9:24 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson
Location: Brisbane

Re: Off topic

Post by reptar » April 10, 2018, 6:49 pm

-TW- wrote:Not anymore it's not
Damn. Frank was almost ready to share his thoughts.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.

User avatar
bonehead
Laurie Daley
Posts: 12038
Joined: March 1, 2005, 5:29 am
Location: Smelling The Shiraz

Re: Off topic

Post by bonehead » April 11, 2018, 8:47 am

SYD-BNE-AKL-LAX

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer

User avatar
dubby
Don Furner
Posts: 28118
Joined: May 16, 2006, 12:14 pm
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga
Location: The Ponds.

Re: Off topic

Post by dubby » April 11, 2018, 8:50 am

Because sitting in an empty egg carton is what Max doesImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Image

User avatar
T_R
Don Furner
Posts: 14421
Joined: August 4, 2006, 9:41 am
Location: Noosa

Re: Off topic

Post by T_R » April 11, 2018, 5:16 pm

bonehead wrote:SYD-BNE-AKL-LAX

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
It's spreading

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Image

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 14199
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 2284

Re: Off topic

Post by -PJ- » April 11, 2018, 5:43 pm

T_R wrote:
April 11, 2018, 5:16 pm
bonehead wrote:SYD-BNE-AKL-LAX

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
It's spreading

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
WTF
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 116691
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Off topic

Post by greeneyed » April 11, 2018, 5:56 pm

T_R wrote:
April 11, 2018, 5:16 pm
bonehead wrote:SYD-BNE-AKL-LAX

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
It's spreading

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Why fly Sydney to Brisbane before flying to Auckland?
Image

User avatar
T_R
Don Furner
Posts: 14421
Joined: August 4, 2006, 9:41 am
Location: Noosa

Re: Off topic

Post by T_R » April 11, 2018, 6:10 pm

Air NZ connecting flight, Id imagine

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Image

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.

User avatar
reptar
Laurie Daley
Posts: 12906
Joined: January 25, 2005, 9:24 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson
Location: Brisbane

Re: Off topic

Post by reptar » April 11, 2018, 6:21 pm

BNE - WLG (hit by lightning, aborted, diverted) - CHC - wait for 5 hours for a delayed flight - WLG.

Fun times
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.

User avatar
reptar
Laurie Daley
Posts: 12906
Joined: January 25, 2005, 9:24 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson
Location: Brisbane

Re: Off topic

Post by reptar » April 11, 2018, 10:32 pm

14.5 hour transit from Brisbane to Wellington. Awesome
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 116691
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Off topic

Post by greeneyed » April 11, 2018, 11:30 pm



This will make you feel better and hopeful reptar.
Image

User avatar
bonehead
Laurie Daley
Posts: 12038
Joined: March 1, 2005, 5:29 am
Location: Smelling The Shiraz

Re: Off topic

Post by bonehead » April 14, 2018, 2:28 pm

greeneyed wrote:
T_R wrote:
April 11, 2018, 5:16 pm
bonehead wrote:SYD-BNE-AKL-LAX

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
It's spreading

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Why fly Sydney to Brisbane before flying to Auckland?
Syd- Akl was delayed meaning we'd miss our Lax flight so a mad dash to Bris to connect.
Now in San Diego heading to the zoo tomorrow hopefully after a raiders win overnight.


Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 14199
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 2284

Re: Off topic

Post by -PJ- » April 14, 2018, 2:44 pm

bonehead wrote:
April 14, 2018, 2:28 pm
greeneyed wrote:
T_R wrote:
April 11, 2018, 5:16 pm
bonehead wrote:SYD-BNE-AKL-LAX

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
It's spreading

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Why fly Sydney to Brisbane before flying to Auckland?
Syd- Akl was delayed meaning we'd miss our Lax flight so a mad dash to Bris to connect.
Now in San Diego heading to the zoo tomorrow hopefully after a raiders win overnight.


Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Send a picture to the GH of you wrestling a tiger..or silverback gorilla boner !!!
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful

Post Reply