2018 Mounties

All the news on the Canberra Raiders lower grades, affiliate clubs and the Canberra Raiders Cup

Moderator: GH Moderators

Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Re: 2018 Mounties

Post by Rick »

Maybe he is doing a Junior Paulo and helping out a mate for one game Image

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Seems there is another Kalani running around up there who plays lock, maybe it's a typo.

https://m.northernstar.com.au/news/fres ... m/3175464/

Edit: Seems Kalani isn't playing for Mounties today though :hmmm

Former roosters winger and French union convert Omar Slaimahnkel also shows up.

https://twitter.com/MountiesRLFC/status ... 9252064256
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

slaimakhel is the pakistani/Afghan refugee former nz6 warrior, Japanese rugby and chook.

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

2018 Mounties

Post by Sid »

Tried telling you guys that Kalani was Going.. it’s like when nobody would listen when I said Patrick May go

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Sid wrote:Tried telling you guys that Kalani was Going.. it’s like when nobody would listen when I said Patrick May go

Show yourself out son

The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

MATCH REPORT: Warriors end Mounties' time at the top

Leading the Intrust Super Premiership NSW heading into Round 16, Mounties have been relegated to second position following a 24-20 loss to the Warriors in Auckland. The Warriors welcomed back the influential Chanel Harris-Tavita, who missed their scratchy win over cellar-dwellers Newcastle with injury. Blake Ayshford filled the void of Anthony Gelling, who turned out for the Warriors' NRL outfit in Round 16.

Meanwhile, Mounties were missing their prolific winger Mikaele Ravalawa, who has scored 11 tries this season.

WARRIORS 24 (C Nicoll-Klokstad 2 B Ayshford K Lawton tries Harris-Tavita 2 M Lino 2 goals) bt MOUNTIES 20 (O Slaimankhel 2 R Hunt J Martin tries S Moceidreke S Williams goals)

Read more: https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2018/06/3 ... -mounties/

Highlights: https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2018/06/3 ... n-leaders/
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Rick wrote:
Sid wrote:Tried telling you guys that Kalani was Going.. it’s like when nobody would listen when I said Patrick May go

Show yourself out son

K
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

not bad without their back 3

Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

2018 NSW Premiership: Rd 17 Mounties V Canterbury Bulldogs

Mounties V Canterbury Bulldogs
Saturday 7 July
Belmore Sports Ground
NSW Premiership 5:15pm
TV coverage: Fox League Channel 502

Mounties

1. Tyler CORNISH
2. Sebastian KRIS
3. Tony SATINI
4. Omar SLAIMANKHEL
5. Sitiveni MOCEIDREKE
6. Brendan O'Hagan
7. Henry RAIWALUI
8. Royce HUNT
9. Craig GARVEY
10. Charlie GUBB
11. Edward MURPHY
12. Jack MURCHIE
13. Makahesi MAKATOA

14. Joshua SAUNDERS-JONES
15. Jarrett BOLAND
16. Mitchell CAHALANE
17. Steven TAVITA
18. Jordan MARTIN
20. Joel LUANI

Canterbury Bulldogs

1. Mason CERRUTO
2. Tuipulotu KATOA
3. Morgan HARPER
4. John OLIVE
5. Joshua BERGAMIN
6. Joshua CLEELAND
7. Matthew FRAWLEY C
8. Renouf TO'OMAGA
9. Zachary WOOLFORD
10. Francis TUALAU
11. Asipeli FINE
12. Christopher SMITH
13. Jack NELSON

14. Bronson GARLICK
15. Lachlan BURR
16. Kayne KALACHE
17. Jayden OKUNBOR
19. Jesse MARTIN

Saturday 7 July
Belmore Sports Ground
Jersey Flegg 3:30pm

Mounties

1. Andre NIKO
2. Thomas MCGRADY
3. Harley SMITH-SHIELDS
4. Sebastian KRIS
5. Semi VALEMEI
6. Paul ROACHE
7. Brendan O'Hagan
8. Nicki SOLOA TOOMATA
9. Lachlan COOPER
10. Matthew SCOTT
11. Hudson YOUNG
12. Daniel KEIR
13. Darby MEDLYN

14. Kyle PATERSON
15. Komiti TUILAGI
16. Thomas ROBERTSON
17. Elijah HUNT
18. Mathew LYONS

Canterbury Bulldogs

1. Blake CLAYTON
2. Frank KURESA
3. Isaiah TASS
4. Kyle CASSEL
5. Malachi MORGAN
6. Alex SEVE
7. Brandon WAKEHAM
8. Elie EL-ZAKHEM
9. Reuben TAYLOR
10. Sua AIILOILO
11. Jacob WINTERSTEIN
12. Dalton Smith
13. Samuel RADOVU

14. Nikau Williams
15. Daniel SAKISI
16. John SALATIELU
17. Zac Saddler
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Seriously... how hard is it to submit a team list on time? Almost every week, Mounties fail to meet the team list deadline. You can’t have Teamlist Tuesday without the team lists!
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

O'Hagan listed in both.

Edrick The Entertainer
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Looking forward to Seb Kris getting a crack. Just wish it was at centre.
Nadruku
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Nadruku

Post by Nadruku »

Where is Ravalawa? Please don’t tell me he signed elsewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Seems to be injured. But no announcement of one.
VictorTheViking
Ricky Stuart

Post by VictorTheViking »

Wouldnt surprise me if we see austin at mounties this week

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Three try causes in a game lost by four points in a crucial match in terms of the season... sure there were lots of others who didn’t perform in the second half, notably the forwards. But where’s the accountability?
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

Horsburgh injured again?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Under 20s Maroons.
Johnsy28

Post by Johnsy28 »

Hopefully they bring in the young half that has been playing with Sharks with Ohagan going up.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Emre Guler’s stats really are outstanding every single week: https://www.nswrl.com.au/siteassets/com ... unties.pdf
Johnsy28

Post by Johnsy28 »

Can’t wait to see Emre play in the 20’s origin next week

RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

Johnsy28 wrote:Can’t wait to see Emre play in the 20’s origin next week

I am very much hoping that the club is doing the right thing by him this week by allowing in to play the 20’s Origin with the view that he will be in the top squad the following round.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Hopefully Gubb going early opens up a spot for Horsburgh in the first grade squad. It would be great to see he and Guler get a few games this year.
greeneyed
Don Furner

2018 Mounties

Post by greeneyed »

2017 NSW Premiership Round 17: Mounties preview

In Round 17, Mounties play the Canterbury Bulldogs in NSW Premiership and Jersey Flegg at Belmore Sports Ground on Saturday afternoon, prior to the Raiders’ NRL clash with the Bulldogs.

NSW Premiership: Mounties were knocked off the top of the competition ladder, after they suffered a 24-20 loss to the New Zealand Warriors in Auckland last weekend. Mounties were heavily disrupted, notably missing fullback Brad Abbey, who made his debut for the Raiders against the Broncos, Jack Murchie and Jarrad Kennedy - with Henry Raiwalui and NRL Rookie winner, Jordan Martin amongst the players stepping into the breach. In all there were seven late inclusions.

Mounties opened well, with tries to Royce Hunt and late inclusion, former Warrior Omar Slaimankhel, giving the visitors a 10-0 lead. But the Warriors fought back with tries to Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad and Blake Ayshford - and the Warriors went to the half time break with a 12-10 lead.

Further tries after the break to Karl Lawton and Nicoll-Klokstad, gave the Warriors a 14 point lead early in the second half. But it was then the Mounties’ turn to fight back. Jordan Martin found space down the right side, scoring under the posts in the 57th minute - but Sitiveni Moceidreke missed the conversion, hitting the upright. Then with just five minutes remaining, a Sam Williams kick set up a second try for Slaimankhel. Williams took over the goal kicking, his conversion reducing the Warriors lead to just four. A huge run from Ed Murphy gave the Mounties a chance to attack the Warriors goal line in the final minutes, but the New Zealand outfit held on for the 24-20 victory.

Craig Garvey (35), Makahesi Makatoa (34) and Corey Horsburgh (28) topped the tackle count for Mounties, while Emre Guler (173m), Royce Hunt (109) and Steve Tivita (103) produced most metres with the ball in hand. Craig Garvey, Sam Williams and Tyler Cornish were all credited with one try assist.

Mounties are now placed second on the competition table, with their opponents this weekend, the Bulldogs, placed eighth. Mounties have a 9 and 5 record so far this season, while the Bulldogs have more losses than wins (7 and 8). The Bulldogs have a LLWLL record in their past five matches, losing to the Newcastle Knights 40-16 in their last match. Mounties have a WLWWL form line. Earlier this year, the Bulldogs defeated Mounties at Canberra Stadium, 34-22, in Round 3.

Mounties have an advantage in attack and defence. Mt Pritchard has averaged 29 points scored per match, compared with 22 for the Bulldogs - and conceded an average 20 points per match compared with 22 for the Bulldogs. Mounties have a positive points differential of 130, the Bulldogs are +16.

Team changes: For Mounties, Tyler Cornish takes the No. 1 jersey, with Brad Abbey retained in the Raiders NRL line up. Sebastian Kris has been promoted from Mounties Under 20s team to Mikaele Ravalawa’s regular wing spot. Omar Slaimankhel retains a place in the top 17, after being a late inclusion last weekend. Brendan O’Hagan has been named as a reserve in the New South Wales Under 20s team, but also to make his debut in Mounties’ top team - partnering Henry Raiwalui in the halves. Charlie Gubb comes into the team at starting prop, with Makahesi Makahesi moving to lock. Jack Murchie and Ed Murphy take the starting row spots. Mounties are missing Emre Guler and Corey Horsburgh on Under 20s Origin duty - and both will be missed.

For the Bulldogs, Mason Ceruto moves to fullback, with Josh Bergmain shifting to the wing. Tuipulotu Katoa comes in on the other wing, with Jayden Okunbor dropping to the bench. Asipeli Fine, Christopher Smith and Jack Nelson form the back row trio, with Clay Priest named in the NRL team and Bronson Garlick dropping to the bench.

Our tip: Former Raiders juniors - and key Bulldogs play makers, Matt Frawley and Zach Woodford - will have a point to prove in this one. Indeed, but for the recent promotions to firsts for Lachlan Lewis and Priest, the Bulldogs team could have featured four former Raiders. The Mounties line up looks much stronger than last week and this is a match that Mounties should win - despite the disadvantage of playing at the Bulldogs’ spiritual home of Belmore. Mounties by six.

Jersey Flegg: In Round 15, Mounties produced an outstanding win over the usually strong Cronulla Sharks, 26-16, at Shark Park. The victory sees Mounties move up to fourth place on the ladder, with a 8 and 5 record so far this season. Their opposition this week, the Bulldogs are placed eighth, and are now 5 and 7 after their narrow 10-8 loss to the high flying Panthers. Mounties have a LLWWW form line in their past five games, while the Bulldogs have a LLLWL record. However, three of those Canterbury losses have been by just two points. Mounties won the clash between the teams in Round 3 this year, 12-6.

The teams have a similar record in attack (both scoring roughly 23 points scored per match on average), but the Bulldogs have been clearly better in defence (conceding 17 points per match, compared with 22 for Mounties).

For Mounties, the backline is unchanged, but both Sebastian Kris and Brendan O’Hagan have been named in the NSW Premiership team - so we can expect some changes. Nicholas Toomata comes in at starting prop for Stefano Hala (NSW Under 20s). Darby Medlyn starts at lock, with Daniel Kier moving into the second row. Tom Robertson has been added to the bench.

For the Bulldogs, Elie El Zakhem and Matthew Doorey are the new starting props, with Ryan Gray coming in for Zac Hetherington at hooker. Jacob Winterstein replaces Javvier Pitovao in the second row. Prop Daniel Sakiki drops to the bench.

It’s always a tough assignment playing the Bulldogs at Belmore, and the two Mounties teams are more affected by Under 20s Origin. However, we’re tipping a Mounties victory in a close one.

Saturday 7 July
Belmore Sports Ground
NSW Premiership 5:15pm
TV coverage: Live Fox League Channel 502

Canterbury Bulldogs
1. Mason Cerruto 2. Tuipulotu Katoa 3. Morgan Harper 4. John Olive 5. Josh Bergamin 6. Josh Cleeland 7. Matt Frawley 8. Renouf To'omaga 9. Zac Woolford 10. Francis Tualau 11. Asipeli Fine 12. Christopher Smith 13. Jack Nelson 14. Bronson Garlick 15. Lachlan Burr 16. Kayne Kalache 17. Jayden Okunbor 19. Jesse Martin

Mounties
1. Tyler Cornish 2. Sebastian Kris 3. Tony Satini 4. Omar Slaimankhel 5. Sitiveni Moceidreke 6. Brendan O'Hagan 7. Henry Raiwalui 8. Royce Hunt 9. Craig Garvey 10. Charlie Gubb 11. Ed Murphy 12. Jack Murchie 13. Makahesi Makatoa 14. Joshua Saunders-jones 15. Jarrett Boland 16. Mitch Cahalane 17. Steven Tavita 18. Jordan Martin 20. Joel Luani

Referee: Drew Oultram
Sideline Officials: Damien Briscoe, Liam Nicholls

Saturday 7 July
Belmore Sports Ground
Jersey Flegg 3:30pm

Canterbury Bulldogs
1. Blake Clayton 2. Frank Kuresa 3. Isaiah Tass 4. Kyle Cassel 5. Malachi Morgan 6. Alex Seve 7. Brandon Wakeham 8. Elie El Zakhem 9. Ryan Gray 10. Matthew Doorey 11. Jacob Winterstein 12. Dalton Smith 13. Sam Radovu 14. Nikau Williams 15. Daniel Sakiki 16. John Salatielu 17. Zac Saddler

Mounties
1. Andre Niko 2. Tom McGrady 3. Harley Smith-Shields 4. Sebastian Kris 5. Semi Valemi 6. Paul Roache 7. Brendan O'Hagan 8. Nicholas Toomata 9. Lachlan Cooper 10. Matt Scott 11. Hudson Young 12. Daniel Keir 13. Darby Medlyn 14. Kyle Paterson 15. Komiti Tuilagi 16. Tom Robertson 17. Elijah Hunt 18. Matthew Lyons

Referee: Tom Cambourn
Sideline Officials: Mitchell Currie, Brad Hart

Plus follow us on Facebook: The Greenhouse Forum and Twitter: @TheGHRaiders
ALX22
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by ALX22 »

Confirmed
Kalani Going - Tweed Heads Seagulls
Fabien Paletua-Kiri - Redcliffe Dolphins
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

That's a shame. Expect them to turn out in first grade for the Titans and Broncos now...
VictorTheViking
Ricky Stuart

Post by VictorTheViking »

Realistically we dont have a spot in the squad for going, with guler and horsburgh looking better prospects.

Whatever happened to charlie rorke?

edwahu

Post by edwahu »

VictorTheViking wrote: July 6, 2018, 2:45 pm Realistically we dont have a spot in the squad for going, with guler and horsburgh looking better prospects.

He doesn't show up in any Union or league squads in a google search, so I doubt he has gone back. I think he must be injured.
dribble73
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: Austin

Post by dribble73 »

edwahu wrote:
VictorTheViking wrote: July 6, 2018, 2:45 pm Realistically we dont have a spot in the squad for going, with guler and horsburgh looking better prospects.

He doesn't show up in any Union or league squads in a google search, so I doubt he has gone back. I think he must be injured.
Knee

The Greenhouse

2018 Mounties

Post by The Greenhouse »

Welcome to our coverage of today’s Jersey Flegg contest between Mounties V Canterbury Bulldogs. Here’s the final Mounties line up:

@MountiesRLFC on Twitter

Mounties have scored an early try to Paul Roache, kick off half an hour before the advertised time. Now a try to Toby Westcott! It’s his debut for Mounties Under 20s.

Mounties 10-0
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

34th min TRY MOUNTIES to Matt Lyons, nice backline move set in motion by Westcott, quick hands. Andre Nikko misses the goal from the sideline.

Mounties 14-0
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past: Daley
Present: Strange

Post by Dusty »

O’Hagan withdrawn after call up to NSW 20s

The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

40th min PENALTY GOAL MOUNTIES to Andre Nikko, and there’s a Bulldogs player in the bin for a professional foul, a ruck infringement.

Mounties 16-0

HALF TIME
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

Mounties kick off to start the second half in Jersey Flegg. Craig Garvey and Jack Murchie are here at Belmore with the Mounties ISPNSW team... so expect the Raiders to be 1-17.