2017 Mounties

All the news on the Canberra Raiders lower grades, affiliate clubs and the Canberra Raiders Cup

Moderator: GH Moderators

Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Re: 2017 Mounties

Post by Rick »

Turner is a goal kicker. I did not know tgat

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Two from two Mounties. Well done again. For anyone who saw the game, how did Duggan go this week? Is he a possible for the NRL?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

RedRaider wrote:Two from two Mounties. Well done again. For anyone who saw the game, how did Duggan go this week? Is he a possible for the NRL?
Doubt it, he was good last year but not good enough for a training contract for the off season. Limits to the second tier cap.

Sent from my iPad using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Mounties bring Newtown Jets down to earth

Mounties have kept their perfect record to start the 2017 Intrust Super Premiership NSW intact with a big 46 to 28 win over the Newtown Jets.

An undermanned Jets outfit battling key first half-injuries offered little resistance in the match’s latter stages, as Mounties ran in eight-tries-to-five en route to the 18-point victory.

Daniel Mortimer and Malakai Houma were brought from the field before the change of ends, as Newtown played out the second period with just 15 men.

Read more: http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2017/03/11 ... jets_.html
Rick
Steve Walters

Post by Rick »

Just heard the Mounties victory song....Complex

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

2017 NSW Premiership Rd 2: Mounties V Newtown Jets highlights

julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

All Turner in that video. May be signed as a Sam Williams genuine half replacement with Stuart not seeing him as a centre at all
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

That defence was truly, truly awful

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

T_R wrote:That defence was truly, truly awful

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
I'm afraid you are doing the word 'awful' a disservice. If there is a word that is worse than abysmal then that might go close.
Rick
Steve Walters

Post by Rick »

Thought Newtown were supposed to be ok?

greeneyed
Don Furner

2017 Mounties

Post by greeneyed »

2017 NSW Premiership Round 3: Mounties V Penrith Panthers

Saturday March 18 2017, 3:00pm at Aubrey Keech Reserve

Mounties

1. Zac Santo 2. Eddie Aiono 3. Brent Naden 4. Reubenn Rennie 5. Dominic Reardon 6. Jordan Turner 7. Lachlan Croker 8. Makahesi Makatoa 9. Jarrod Brackenhofer 10. Royce Hunt 11. Anthony Moraitis 12. Scott Sorenson 13. Dunamis Lui

14. Sam Duggan 15. Isaac John 17. Magnus Stromquist 18. Yileen Gordon 19. Thomas Cronan 20. Alofi Mataele 21. Mitch Kennedy

Penrith Panthers

1. Tyrone May 2. Malakai Watene-Zeleznaik 3. Christian Crichton 4. Lachlan Stein 5. Ratu Tuisese 6. Samisoni Langi 7. Darren Nicholls 8. Kaide Ellis 9. Mitch Rein 10. Paea Pua 11. Jed Cartwright 12. Corey Harawira-Naera 13. Sione Katoa (c)

14. Liam Coleman 15. Nick Lui-Toso 16. Corey Waddell 17. Jack Hetherington 18. Zach Dockar-Clay

Follow us on Facebook: The Greenhouse Forum, Twitter: @TheGHRaiders and Instagram: @TheGHRaiders
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

PREVIEW: Mounties V Penrith Panthers

Aubrey Keech Reserve, Saturday 18 March 3pm
Broadcast LIVE on Hawkesbury Radio 89.9 FM
Listen on line: http://hawkesburyradio.com.au/

Mounties and Penrith are two of five sides that take a perfect start to the season into their Round 3 matches, with one of the pair set to taste defeat for the first time in 2017.

Mounties impressed with a commanding win over the Jets last weekend, though will need to aim up in defence against a red-hot Panthers side intent on playing an attacking brand of football.

“I thought our defence was a bit scrappy there towards the end. That’s something to work on for next week,” said Mounties backrower Anthony Moraitis in the wake of his side’s Round 2 success.

The Panthers ran in 52 points of their own last week, over a Tigers side that had no answers for the free-flowing Penrith play.

“We’re not too worried about the (Tigers) result, we’re focused on how we can perform better week in, week out,” Panthers star Tyrone May told NSWRL.com.au after the Round 2 win.

Read more: http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2017/03/17 ... t_sup.html
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

Welcome to our coverage of the NSW Premiership match between Mounties and the Penrith Panthers. We have the Panthers final line-up... nothing yet from Mounties. Don't forget you can listen on line from 3pm at http://hawkesburyradio.com.au.

Penrith Panthers

1. Tyrone MAY
2. Malakai WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
24. Dylan EDWARDS
25. Michael OLDFIELD
5. Ratu TUISESE
21. Samisoni LANGI
7. Darren NICHOLLS
19. Moses LEOTA
9. Mitch REIN
20. Tim BROWNE
11. Jed CARTWRIGHT
12. Corey HARAWIRA-NAERA
13. Sione KATOA (c)

8. Kaide ELLIS
15. Nick LUI-TOSO
16. Corey WADDELL
17. Jack HETHERINGTON

The Greenhouse

2017 Mounties

Post by The Greenhouse »

Here's the Mounties line up. Late inclusions from Canberra are as expected. Looks like Dunamis Lui will be 18th man for the Raiders, with Canberra 1-17 tomorrow.

The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

We have kick off at Aubrey Keech Reserve. Mounties with it in the first set.
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

10th min TRY MOUNTIES off a Lachlan Croker kick. Naden the scorer. No conversion.

Mounties 4-0
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

21st min TRY PANTHERS to Mitch Rein, show and go. Darren Nicholls converts.

Panthers 6-4
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

Driving rain at present at Aubrey Keech Reserve.
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

34th min TRY MOUNTIES to Mitch Kennedy right near the post.

Mounties 10-6
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

HALF TIME

Mounties 10
Penrith Panthers 6
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

58th min TRY MOUNTIES to Reubenn Rennie! It's converted!

Mounties 16-6
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

The Panthers and Mounties throwing the ball away left right and centre!
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

FULL TIME

Mounties 16
Penrith Panthers 6
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

Good stuff!!
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

MATCH REPORT: Mounties edge out Panthers in wet

It was billed as the game of the season between two teams who between them have arguably dominated the Intrust Super Premiership NSW with 2014 champions Penrith squaring off against 2015-16 minor premiers Mounties. But in Sydney‘s big wet it was Mounties who continued on their unbeaten ways with a hard-fought 16-6 win.

The Mounties forward pack led by Makahesi Makatoa, Anthony Moriatis and Scott Sorensen paved the way for the win, enabling halves Jordan Turner and Lachlan Croker to employ an effective kicking game in the conditions, while fullback Zac Santo was dangerous every time he touched the ball.

Mounties 16 (B Naden, M Kennedy, R Rennie tries; J Turner 2 goals) def Penrith Panthers 6 (M Rein try; D Nicholls goal)

Read more: http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2017/03/18 ... ut_pa.html
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

2017 NSW Premiership Round 3: Mounties V Penrith Panthers

greeneyed
Don Furner

2017 Mounties

Post by greeneyed »

2017 NSW Premiership Round 4: Mounties V North Sydney Bears

Saturday March 25 2017, 3:00pm at Aubrey Keech Reserve

Mounties

1. Zac Santo 2. Eddie Aiono 3. Brent Naden 4. Reubenn Rennie 5. Dominic Reardon 6. Jordan Turner 7. Lachlan Croker 8. Makahesi Makatoa 9. Jarrod Brackenhofer 10. Royce Hunt 11. Anthony Moraitis 12. Scott Sorenson 13. Dunamis Lui

14. Sam Duggan 15. Mitch Kennedy 16. Yileen Gordon 17. Isaac John

18. Magnus Stromquist 19. Alofi Mataele 20. Rodney Coates 21. Vaipuna Tia Kilifi

North Sydney Bears

1. Latrell Robinson 2. Dane Nielsen 3. Ed Murphy 4. Tyrell Fuimaono 5. Sitiveni Moceidreke 6. Luke Kelly 7. Eli Levido 8. Toby Rudolf 9. Bradley Deitz 10. David Tyrrell 11. Tautalatasi Tasi 12. Cheyne Whitelaw 13. Anthony Cherrington

14. Piki Rogers 15. Clayton Williams 16. Patrice Siolo 17. Jamel Hunt

Brent Naden made the NSWRL.com.au Rd 3 Team of the Week: http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2017/03/21 ... _the_.html

Follow us on Facebook: The Greenhouse Forum, Twitter: @TheGHRaiders and Instagram: @TheGHRaiders
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

2017 NSW Premiership Rd 3: Mounties V Penrith Panthers

The Round 3 match is now available in full, on demand, via the NSWRL website.

Video: http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2017/03/22 ... ies_v.html
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

greeneyed wrote:
RedRaider wrote:Two from two Mounties. Well done again. For anyone who saw the game, how did Duggan go this week? Is he a possible for the NRL?
Doubt it, he was good last year but not good enough for a training contract for the off season. Limits to the second tier cap.

Sent from my iPad using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Thanks GE. If Hodgo should be out for the Eels game it would leave Clydesdale to play most of the match. I see Mounties use Jarrod Brackenhofer as their hooker. I've not seen him play, can anyone give me a run down on 'the Hof' and his potential please?
The Greenhouse

2017 Mounties

Post by The Greenhouse »

Welcome to our coverage of today's NSW Premiership match between the Canberra Raiders affiliate Mounties and the North Sydney Bears. Dave Taylor is a late inclusion for Mounties. Here's the final Mounties lineup:

@MountiesRLFC

Don't forget you can listen to the match online: http://steelesports.com.au

MATCH PREVIEW

Mounties v North Sydney Bears
Aubrey Keech Reserve, Saturday 25 March
3pm

Squaring off with Penrith in Round 3, Mounties ensured their unbeaten start to the year continued, and they’ll be out to keep their unblemished record intact when meeting North Sydney on Saturday afternoon.

The Bears themselves remain undefeated to start 2017 also, stringing together wins over Wentworthville, Blacktown and Newcastle inside the opening three weeks of the season.

Competition-leading try scorer Sitiveni Moceidreke will drop out of the North Sydney backline after making his NRL debut for South Sydney against the Sydney Roosters on Thursday night.

The imposing winger crossed for a try in his maiden first grade outing, backing up the four he scored for the Bears in Round 3.

Read more: http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2017/03/24 ... t_sup.html
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

There have been no preliminary games today at Aubrey Keech Reserve, due to the weather and the state of the ground. Bears are on the field... Lachlan Croker to kick off for Mounties... we are underway.
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

14th min TRY MOUNTIES to Dominic Reardon after a Jordan Turner 40/20 kick. Turner in everything there. No conversion.

Mounties 4-0
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

21st min TRY BEARS to Dane Nielsen, set up by an Eli Levido pass. Levido misses the conversion from the sideline.

Mounties 4
Bears 4
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

29th min PENALTY GOAL BEARS to Levido from in front. The Bears were in position thanks to a 40/20 kick.

Bears 6-4
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

HALF TIME

North Sydney Bears 6
Mounties 4