2016 Holden Cup: Finals Wk 1 V Roosters

All the news on the Canberra Raiders lower grades, affiliate clubs and the Canberra Raiders Cup

Moderator: GH Moderators

The Greenhouse

Re: 2016 Holden Cup: Finals Wk 1 V Roosters

Post by The Greenhouse »

52nd min TRY ROOSTERS to Kiah Cooper. Turning into a pretty sad afternoon. Canberra playing nothing like they have in recent weeks.

Roosters 32-0
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

57th min TRY ROOSTERS They're going to a captain's challenge... TRY awarded to Boland.

There's now a big dust up...

Roosters 38-0
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

The NRL is playing dodgy music in every bloody break in play. I wish they'd quit it!
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Bit of handbags
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Another dropped ball, very poor performance
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

68th min TRY ROOSTERS awarded on a captain's challenge to Sitili Tupouniua. Converted by Jesse Marschke.

Roosters 42-0
Aero
Laurie Daley

Post by Aero »

Wow..... Just tuned in.... Damn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2012, 2014 and 2015 Boogs Avatar/Signature of the Year
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Ugly

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

76th min TRY ROOSTERS to John Tuivasa-Sheck in the corner. This has turned out to be a pretty sad afternoon, unfortunately. Jesse Marschke Misses from out wide.

Roosters 48-0

FULL TIME

Bad luck to the boys, it's been a good comeback to make the finals, but that's it for the season.
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

:cry:
WorkChoice
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

One positive is the rain appears to have stopped! It rained right through Holden Cup.
Brewdle
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Love em all

Post by Brewdle »

Emotional scenes at the end there with young Woolford unable to hold back the tears

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Tonight was awful in every respect but I hope the boys have some pride in what they did this season. Half way through the season we were a rabble, to make the finals was a wonderful effort.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NYC MATCH REPORT: Canberra Raiders season ends at Roosters hands

The Canberra Raiders’ Holden Cup season has come to an end at the hands of the Sydney Roosters. The Raiders were unable to trouble a dominant Roosters outfit as they were beaten 48-0 at GIO Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

Roosters 48 (Tries: Manu, Anderson 2, Garvey, Radley, Cooper, Boland, Tuivasa-Sheck; Conversions: Marschke 6/9) defeated Raiders 0

Read more: http://www.raiders.com.au/news/2016/09/ ... t_rai.html
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

The Raiders U/20s were physically dominated by the Chooks. There would have only been a handful of players the equal in size to their opponents. Our boys did not have a happy game, particularly the playmakers, but the score is evidence of the mismatch in size. I thought fullback Vandartell did some good things. Cotric never received the ball when he was not under pressure. The experiment of resting players last week did not work at all.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Well done to the lads for making the finals.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Played against a far bigger team. They all looked like they were in their last year of 20s and we looked like we were mostly in our first. All the dropped ball and 7 tackle sets didn't help.
Harry Van Dartel was excellent at fullback.

Hope they look at getting to the 8 with pride rather than how they finished.