2016 Holden Cup: Rd 9 V Penrith Panthers

All the news on the Canberra Raiders lower grades, affiliate clubs and the Canberra Raiders Cup

Moderator: GH Moderators

Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Re: 2016 Holden Cup: Rd 9 V Penrith Panthers

Post by Hazza »

Oh Samuel is playing. AMD HE'S OVER!! WE'RE BACK!!
Big Jack
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Lara Croft, Tomb Raider

Post by Big Jack »

I wish they would move that bloody pole - I can't see a thing down the Penrith end
"It's not easy being green", K. Frog, 1970
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

64th min TRY RAIDERS to William Samuel, after the Panthers knocked on from the kickoff. No conversion.

Panthers 68-10
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

79th min TRY PANTHERS to winger Jake Ennis. Converted.

Panthers 74-10

FULL TIME
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Ooooof
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

NYC MATCH REPORT: Penrith Panthers dominate Canberra Raiders

The Raiders NYC team were unable to replicate their winning heroics over the Panthers from round one, succumbing to a classy and powerful Panthers outfit in a convincing loss.

Already facing a growing injury crisis, the Raiders were hit by more misfortune just before kick-off. A back complaint for Thomas Cronan saw him replaced late by Harry Van Dartel. Robert Vai and Logan Spaander debuted in Raiders colours for the match.

With almost a two week break until their next game against the St George Dragons, Brett White’s boys will have plenty of work to do in training to get their season back on track after four straight losses.

Panthers 72 (Izzard, May, Epere, Tuisese 2, Cleary 2, Burns, Waddell, Jennings, Ennis, Edwards, Hetherington. Cleary 11/13) defeated the Raiders 10 (Martin, Samuel Hartwig 1/2)

Read more: http://www.raiders.com.au/news/2016/04/ ... _news.html
PrimetimeRaider
Jason Croker

Post by PrimetimeRaider »

:lol:

Any future first grade prospects in our team?
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Given the injury problems, why did they let Lewis go?
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I imagine that he's not in the plans for the club, and they were happy to give him a chance elsewhere.

The Raiders dont care about NYC results.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Cranky Old Man
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sam Backo

Post by Cranky Old Man »

T_R wrote:I imagine that he's not in the plans for the club, and they were happy to give him a chance elsewhere.

The Raiders dont care about NYC results.
A good source tells me that the Raiders are firing a shot across the bows of the NRL over the treatment of junior development. There have always been only a few clubs really bothering about U20, now there is one less.