2016 Holden Cup: Rd 1 V Panthers

All the news on the Canberra Raiders lower grades, affiliate clubs and the Canberra Raiders Cup

Moderator: GH Moderators

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Re: 2016 Holden Cup: Rd 1 V Panthers

Post by Seiffert82 »

Solid contact from Dole. Big turnover
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Post by Notaroboticfish »

Good Tackle, concussed?
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

We stuffed that up.

Huge defensive set needed here. Penrith centre Nelson? makes a huge break down the left and knocks himself out in the tackle.
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

Daniel Dole is man of the match.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

There it is!

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

What win!!!! Great effort from the boys!!
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Woolford to Croker.... get used to it

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

80th min TRY RAIDERS to Lachlan Croker! RAIDERS WIN! He's under the posts. Magnificent! Converted.

Raiders 36-34

FULL TIME
Walt Flanigan
Jason Croker

Post by Walt Flanigan »

What a finish!

Good game, classic under 20s.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Forwards held their own against last year's premiers, and the spine took it from there.

Great result

Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

Nice! That'll be great for their confidence :)
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Huge effort from the forwards. Penrith were physically dominant in much of that game, just a few big errors down the stretch.

Great effort from the boys to stick in there after a sketchy start.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Excellent win
Edrick The Entertainer
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

MATCH REPORT: NYC Raiders snatch a thriller

A last-minute try to captain Lachlan Croker saw the Canberra Raiders overcome a lackluster start in their Holden Cup opener against the Penrith Panthers to record a stirring 36-34 victory.

The reigning premiers shot out of the blocks in the early going, before a stunning second-half display saw the hosts walk away with the two competition points at GIO Stadium.

Trailing 34-30 with thirty seconds remaining, Zac Woolford darted out of dummy-half to find himself in open space before linking up with Croker for a try under the posts, Woolford calmly slotted the match-winning conversion after the siren.

Read more: http://www.raiders.com.au/content/raide ... t_rai.html
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Joseph 'the worm' Tapine

Post by 1992 »

How good was it to see them all celebrating in the end.

We are Canberra :cry:
WHAT A LONG STRANGE TRIP IT'S BEEN
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Notaroboticfish wrote:Is The Greenhouse account just GE?
No.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

T_R wrote:GE will be insufferable...he's had Cotric pegged for ages.
Yes, yes he has.
semaj97
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Blake Ferguson

Post by semaj97 »

there are highlights for Harold Mathews and SG Ball but none for our u20s. that makes no sense to me
Raidernation
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Stuart

Post by Raidernation »

Interesting to see Cotric at left centre today, for all money he is a right centre so might be good for him to learn how to overcome being on the other side. Kids a gun but you wont see his best until he is moved to the right.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

He was impressive for his debut
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Exciting finish to a high scoring match. Tevita who?? Both Cotric and Going placed on report. Cotric for a cartwheeling tackle on Panthers winger Tuisese?? where the Panther landed on his head.
I like Going. Not big, but very aggressive. With future interchanges to be limited a player like him could be very valuable. Woolford and Croker combination won it for us at the end. Depending on call ups to higher grades we might see a bit of the WC combination this season. They looked very composed.