Premier League V Newtown

All the news on the Canberra Raiders lower grades, affiliate clubs and the Canberra Raiders Cup

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Premier League V Newtown

Post by greeneyed »

From www.raiders.com.au

Let's support the PL team.......

The Canberra Raiders Premier League side will be in action this Saturday at Seiffert Oval, as they take on the Newtown Jets in their qualifying final. Unfortunately Saturday night's loss to Manly saw the Raiders Flegg side leap-frogged by Balmain, who claimed 8th spot on the ladder and a finals berth.
Stuat
Gary Belcher

Post by Stuat »

NSWRL Premier League Qualifying Final
Canberra Raiders v Newtown Jets
Seiffert Oval, Saturday September 10
Kickoff 1:30pm

1. WILLIAM ZILLMAN
2. DAVID MILNE
3. JACK PEARSON
4. BEAU MUNDINE
5. JERMAINE ALE
6. TERRY CAMPESE
7. TODD CARNEY
8. WILLIE RASTON
9. JARRED LAWRENCE
10. RYAN BARTON
11. BEN JONES
12. ALAN ROTHERY
13. RYAN HINCHCLIFFE

INTERCHANGE
14. GLEN BUTTRISS
15. ALEX BLAYDEN
16. MICHAEL HOWELL
17. MARC HERBERT
18. MICHAEL CHAPMAN
19. UELESE FAUMUINA
20. BRONX GOODWIN
21. CY LASSCOCK
22. JUNIOR SAU
23. BRENTON LAWRENCE
Inactive

Post by Inactive »

I'll be there (I hope)
Sasha
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Woodgers

Post by Sasha »

I thought Bronx was out for the season :?
Decorous Muse
Ruben Wiki

Post by Decorous Muse »

so the zillman at fullback experiment doesn't work.....

But the Raiders policy seems to be to keep trying something until it eventually works.

LOOK AT THE LAST 4 YEARS!
Peter
Jason Croker

Post by Peter »

Where else are they going to put him? Carney will kill it. Maybe Zillman at 5/8 i guess and Campo at lock. I noticed that Lawrence is back at 9 and Hinchclife 13 again. What's the go there?
Ray Dar
Brett Mullins

Post by Ray Dar »

count us in
go the raiders
Butters
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Butters »

thats an awesome team.. what a halves combo (ioncluding zillman)..
PROUD MEMBER OF THE CONVERSION ENTHUSIASTS
2009 Golden Boogs: McLinden Award
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

gotta feel for blokes like Bronx and Herbert whom up to this point havnt put a foot wrong but lose their spot thanks to the ineptitude of our FG team
valiant_raider
David Furner

Post by valiant_raider »

I assume Lomu is inelligible due to the fact that he didn't play enough games for us.
2005 Golden Boogs Newbie Award Winner
2006 Finites Caption Contest Winner
2006 Golden Boogs Most Improved Poster
paulquinn49
Brett Mullins

Post by paulquinn49 »

Ed will be pumped Marc Herbert got named.

Heres hoping big Cy Lass"love the"cock gets a run

2006: Celebrating 25 years since Bay56 jumped ship from South Sydney to Canberra Raiders

edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Good to see so many of the SG Ball guys in the extended squad.
llab yob
Brett Mullins

Post by llab yob »

If Jones gets suspended i hope they put Campo to lock and bring Herbie into the starting team with Toddy.
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

ballboy wrote:If Jones gets suspended i hope they put Campo to lock and bring Herbie into the starting team with Toddy.
didnt know jones was up on charges, but if he is, i like that idea
llab yob
Brett Mullins

Post by llab yob »

sorry theres the article 69.
*'s injury toll may have weakened their NRL side this season, but it may have strengthened the Raiders’ push into the Premier League finals.

Halfback Todd Carney is among a handful of players with NRL experience who will re-join the Canberra Raiders Premier League team when they begin their finals charge this Saturday.

The fourth-placed Raiders will be boosted by the return of four players from first-grade when they play the fifth-placed Newtown Jets at Seiffert Oval on Saturday at 1.30pm.

Carney, wingers David Milne and Jermaine Ale, and forward Alan Rothery all return to Premier League after playing in *'s final NRL match, against the Manly Sea Eagles last Saturday.

Five-eighth Terry Campese is the other Raiders player with NRL experience this season. He made his return from a fractured wrist last weekend.

The Raiders have named second-rower Ben Jones, who will contest a lifting tackle charge tomorrow night.

The Raiders, who won the Premier League title in 2003, have won both matches against the Jets this season - 36-22 and 28-12.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I am looking forward to getting out to Seiffert.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

It is a pretty strong team. I would prefer Zillman in the halves with Carney. I would prefer Hinchcliffe in the hooker role. I could accept Goodwin at fullback... Herbert.... will have to wait.
llab yob
Brett Mullins

Post by llab yob »

Maybe even Zilly into the centres and Jack Person into the back row. Zilly running lines of Toddy would be awesome.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

ballboy wrote:sorry theres the article 69.

www.raiders.com.au

Raiders begin Premier League finals

*'s injury toll may have weakened their NRL side this season, but it may have strengthened the Raiders’ push into the Premier League finals.

Halfback Todd Carney is among a handful of players with NRL experience who will re-join the Canberra Raiders Premier League team when they begin their finals charge this Saturday.

The fourth-placed Raiders will be boosted by the return of four players from first-grade when they play the fifth-placed Newtown Jets at Seiffert Oval on Saturday at 1.30pm.

Carney, wingers David Milne and Jermaine Ale, and forward Alan Rothery all return to Premier League after playing in *'s final NRL match, against the Manly Sea Eagles last Saturday.

Five-eighth Terry Campese is the other Raiders player with NRL experience this season. He made his return from a fractured wrist last weekend.

The Raiders have named second-rower Ben Jones, who will contest a lifting tackle charge tomorrow night.

The Raiders, who won the Premier League title in 2003, have won both matches against the Jets this season - 36-22 and 28-12.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

A really good side and if I can shake this flu then I will head out to watch it but it ain't looking good. I've never had the flu before and this is the worst I have ever felt in my life, it hurts to type.

I thought Lomu and Williams would both be eligible, I read at LU earlier today that the criteria is that you must play 5 PL games at the start of the year before you play 5 FG games. I thought it sounded odd and I guess now that is incorrect because both these 2 played the first half of the year in PL with Newtown.

Has anyone ever seen a coach name 23 players before?
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Get well soon Woodgers.
Decorous Muse
Ruben Wiki

Post by Decorous Muse »

Does anyone know much about this Uelesi Faumuina kid? Did he go to school in Canberra per chance?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

From today's CT:

First-graders return to boost Raiders' semi-final chances
JMoloney
Wednesday, 7 September 2005

The Canberra Raiders Premier League team's finals hopes have been boosted by the return of five first-graders for Saturday's home semi-final against the Newtown Jets.
Returning from the Raiders NRL side which lost its final game of the season to Manly last weekend will be halfback Todd Carney, wingers David Milne and Jermaine Ale, and forward Alan Rothery. Terry Campese will play his second game with the team after returning from a fractured wrist.

Coach David Furner named a 23-man squad yesterday with numbers expected to be cut back later this week.

Furner said having players with first-grade experience would add to his team's confidence against the Jets, whom the Raiders have beaten twice already this year. The Raiders finished fourth on the Premier League competition table, one ahead of Newtown.

"It's been good in the sense that the younger players have had an opportunity in first grade ... it builds a player's confidence," Furner said.

Second-rower Ben Jones was named in the squad, but his chances of playing depend on the outcome of a judiciary hearing tomorrow night in which he will contest a lifting tackle charge.

Canberra's form has been scratchy in recent weeks.

The Raiders lost 20-44 to Manly last weekend and 36-42 to Parramatta the previous week. Furner said his players would need to lift to beat the Jets.

"We didn't play at our best last week and it's not the ideal way to go into a semi-final," he said.

"But I looked at the game and I know the players can step up a lot more."

SATURDAY

Premier League semi-final

Canberra Raiders v Newtown Jets at Seiffert Oval, Queanbeyan, 1.30pm

Raiders squad: William Zillman, David Milne, Jack Pearson, Beau Mundine, Jermaine Ale, Terry Campese, Todd Carney, Willie Raston, Jarred Lawrence, Ryan Barton, Ben Jones, Alan Rothery, Ryan Hinchcliffe, Glen Buttriss, Alex Blayden, Michael Howell, Marc Herbert, Michael Chapman, Uelese Faumuina, Bronx Goodwin, Cy Lasscock, Junior Sau, Brenton Lawrence.