2015 Holden Cup: Rd 2 V Warriors

All the news on the Canberra Raiders lower grades, affiliate clubs and the Canberra Raiders Cup

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

CANBERRA RAIDERS V NEW ZEALAND WARRIORS
SUNDAY MARCH 15, 4.15PM, GIO STADIUM

Canberra Raiders

1. Andrew Heffernan, 2. Cameron Booth, 3. Brenko Lee, 4. Luke Ellis, 5. Thomas Cronan, 6. Lachlan Lewis, 7. Lachlan Croker ©, 8. Daniel Dole, 9. Dylan McGrath, 10. Brett Solomon, 11. Jack Williams, 12. Jarred McIlwrick, 13. Tevita Pangai Junior

14. Jack Hickson, 15. Jordan Aiono, 16. Charlie MacKenzie, 17. Connor Purcell, 18. Morgan Boyle, 19. Adam Lucas

New Zealand Warriors

1. Brad Abbey, 2. Tomas Aoake, 3. Marata Niukore, 4. Semisi Tyrell, 5. Paul Ulberg, 6. Ato Hingano, 7. Erin Clark, 8. Bunty Afoa, 9. Nathaniel Roache (c), 10. Toafofoa Sipley, 11. Ofahiki Ogden, 12. Matiu Love-Henry, 13. Jazz Tevaga

14. Sheldon Pitama, 15. Amoni Tufui, 16. Wesley Tauti, 17. Isaiah Cooper-Tetevano, 18. Joseph Price, 20. Roman Tuhimata
edwahu

Re: 2015 Holden Cup: Rd 2 V Warriors

Post by edwahu »

Why have they still got TPJ playing under 20s when his main issue is defense? Same goes for Brenko.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Tpj doesn't need to be rushed
Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: NYC Match Preview: Raiders v Warriors

Talented Holden Cup five-eighth Lachlan Lewis is hoping that his blossoming scrum base combination with halfback Lachlan Croker will continue to go from strength-to-strength after an impressive initial showing in the side’s 34-32 victory over the Cronulla Sharks in Round 1.

The pair contributed three try assists and two line breaks between them and their intuitive attacking talents and pinpoint kicking games kept the Sharks on their toes for the majority of the contest.

Video and read more: http://www.raiders.com.au/news/2015/03/ ... eview.html
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Big game against the reigning premiers.
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

Welcome to our coverage of today's Holden Cup clash between the Canberra Raiders and New Zealand Warriors from Canberra Stadium. Currently 23C in Canberra, blue skies, good day for footy! Should be between 18-20C at kick off in the main game. We will have live scores right here from 4.15pm.

Here's the final NYC line up:

CANBERRA RAIDERS V NEW ZEALAND WARRIORS
SUNDAY MARCH 15, 4.15PM, GIO STADIUM

1. Andrew Heffernan
2. Cameron Booth
3. Brenko Lee
4. Chevi Ellis
5. Thomas Cronan
6. Lachlan Lewis
7. Lachlan Croker ©
8. Daniel Dole
9. Dylan McGrath
10. Brett Solomon
11. Jack Williams
21. Taniela Moa
13. Tevita Pangai Junior

14. Jack Hickson
16. Charlie MacKenzie
18. Morgan Boyle
20. Jordan Mago
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

No radio, streaming or TV I take it?

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

No TV cover on Fox, and I don't believe the Raiders have live streaming equipment.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Thank goodness for The GH! [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

Noticed there are a few clubs including NSW cup clubs that now stream their games.
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

We are underway in the first half... And the Raiders kick out on the full! Penalty on halfway! The Warriors get close, but cannot take advantage.
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

4th min Raiders attack the line but throw it over the sideline 10m out.
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

10th min TRY WARRIORS to second rower Matiu Love Henry. Simple from close range and he just reached out. Converted by Hingano.

Warriors 6-0
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

13th min Warriors error at the restart, first pass is forward. Raiders scrum on 10m line. Raiders can't take advantage with Tevita Pangai held on the last.
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

16th min TRY RAIDERS off the back of a Warriors error and Chevi Ellis goes over in the western corner. Lachlan Croker can't convert from out wide.

Warriors 6-4
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

GE commentating from the comfort of the corporate box.
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

19th min Warriors make a big raid down the eastern touch line, but step over the chalk. Raiders scrum 10m from their own line. Followed up bey a penalty to the Warriors for an obstruction from Canberra.
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

22nd min TRY WARRIORS to Sheldon Pitama. They just take advantage of the possession and territory. Hingano converts from close range.

Warriors 12-4
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

24th min Raiders penalised for a shoulder charge shortly after the restart. And now again late in the count. Puts the Warriors in the red zone.
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

27th min TRY WARRIORS Half back Eric Clarke charges at the line through a big hole in the defence for four points. Hingano converts.

Warriors 18-4
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

30th min TRY WARRIORS Sheldon Pitama makes a big break up the middle and Hingano supports. The Raiders can't stop the big five eighth. Hingano cannot convert his own try.

Warriors 22-4
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

33rd min TRY WARRIORS to Nathaniel Roach. It is getting to the stage where the Warriors do as they please. Hingano converts.

Warriors 28-4
Lucky
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Lucky »

It's a massacre. Hope first grade doesn't end up like this.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Getting ugly

The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

38th min First time in an age the Raiders have been in the opposition 20... And they drop the ball 10m out.

Warriors 28
Raiders 4

Canberra make one last charge at the line, but the grubber from Lachlan Lewis doesn't pay off.

HALF TIME
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

Hope they come back in the 2nd half
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

Second half underway. Raiders with the first set.
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

45th min TRY RAIDERS Finally! Brenko Lee is the scorer. Lachlan Croker converts.

Warriors 28-10

Raiders make an early mistake after the kick off...
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

47th min Warriors knock on, the referee lets play go on... He nearly awards a try before consulting the touch judge... Penalty Warriors! But Canberra hold on.
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

50th min TRY WARRIORS to Bunty Afoa. The prop just strolls through like he's on a Sunday afternoon walk in the park. Hingano converts.

Warriors 34-10
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

53rd min Raiders kick off is out on the full for the second time in the match. And the Warriors nearly score again, but the winger cannot hold the ball in the western corner.
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

57th min TRY RAIDERS to Lachlan Croker. And he converts it from in front.

Warriors 34-16
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

66th min TRY RAIDERS A long range intercept to Brenko Lee! No conversion from Lachlan Croker.

Warriors 34-20
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

71st min Raiders hold out Bunty Afoa with some good goal line defence!
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

74th min TRY WARRIORS to Bunty Afoa, off the back of a couple of penalties. Hingano converts from close range.

Warriors 40-20