2014 Holden Cup: Rd 15 V Bulldogs

All the news on the Canberra Raiders lower grades, affiliate clubs and the Canberra Raiders Cup

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders V Canterbury Bulldogs
Canberra Stadium
Friday June 20, 5:30pm
Tickets: Click here
TV and radio coverage: NA

Canberra Raiders

1. Ricky Garard 2. Thomas Cronan 3. Jono Kent 4. Jack Creith 5. Lachlan Hurst 6. Andrew Heffernan 7. Matt Frawley 8. Brett Solomon 9. Dylan McGrath 10. Mitchell Barnett 11. Jack Williams 12. Scott Doyle 13. Jared McIlwrick

14. Jules Webley 15. Jordan Aiono 16. Thoren Fidow-Kele 17. Kilu Pangai 18. Ben Maguire

Canterbury Bulldogs

1. Marcelo Montoya 2. Dujuan Liolevave 3. Michael Morgan 4. Tommy Backhouse 5. Tautalatasi Tasi 6. Brad Keighran 7. Robbie Kamoto 8. Brock Cope 9. Denzel King 10. Herman Essese 11. Renouf To'omaga 12. Sam Gerrey-Burgess 13. Brendon Luamanu

14. Alex Sorge 15. Darcy Maroske 16. David Murphy 17. Jake Kamire

Officials

TBA

Official Match Hashtags: #NYCCANCBY #NRL #WeareRaiders

The Greenhouse Hashtags: #COYR2014 #WearGreen2014 #GreenNation #GreenMachine
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Re: 2014 Holden Cup: Rd 15 V Bulldogs

Post by -GD- »

Good to see The Heff back
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NYC Match Preview: Raiders v Bulldogs

The Canberra Raiders NYC team will return off a bye to face a lowly ranked Canterbury Bulldogs side on Friday. The Canberra side will be without their U18 Orgin rep halves Lachlan Lewis and Lachlan Croker, who be rested by coach Mick Mantelli.

However the side will be bolstered by the return of Andrew Heffernan from a long term ankle injury, and he will be partnered in the halves with Matthew Frawley who moves back into the half back position.

Read more: http://www.raiders.com.au/news/2014/06/ ... ldogs.html
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

Welcome to our coverage of tonight's Holden Cup clash between the Canberra Raiders and Canterbury Bulldogs. Just one late change for Canberra, here's the final line up:

NYC: CANBERRA RAIDERS V CANTERBURY BANKSTOWN BULLDOGS
MONDAY JUNE 20, 5.30PM, GIO STADIUM

1. Ricky Garard
2. Thomas Cronan
3. Jono Kent
4. Jack Creith
5. Lachlan Hurst
6. Andrew Heffernan
7. Matt Frawley ©
8. Brett Solomon
9. Dylan McGrath
10. Mitchell Barnett
11. Jack Williams
12. Scott Doyle
13. Jared McIlwrick

15. Jordan Aiono
16. Thoren Fidow-Kele
17. Kilu Pangai
19. Cleveland McGhie
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

Raiders kick off in the first half, the Bulldogs have the first chance with the ball.
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

2nd min TRY RAIDERS to Andrew Hefernan! Scores under the posts and Scott Doyle converts.

Raiders 6-0
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

6th min TRY RAIDERS Canberra Raiders well on top in the opening stages. Scott Doyle the scorer. He can't convert his own four pointer.

Raiders 10-0
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

9th min Raiders make another huge break through Doyle, certain try if the pass hit the chest.
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

11th min TRY RAIDERS Scott Doyle runs 90m to score under the posts, bomb to the Raiders try line ruled to be mishandled by the Bulldogs and he pounces on the ball and runs away. Converted.

Raiders 16-0
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

14th min TRY RAIDERS Doyle breaks through again and he sets up Lachlan Hurst for the try in the south east corner. Converted from out wide.

Raiders 22-0
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

24th min Bulldogs starting to show something in attack. They force Canberra into a line drop out. And now another.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Bloody hell, here I am stuck at work and I'm going to miss the game of the evening. :lol:
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

26th min Bulldogs get two line drop outs, two penalties in the red zone, and have two men over and the winger drops it, line wide open 5m out.
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

27th min TRY RAIDERS Thomas Cronan makes a big break upfield. Followed up by a good run and huge dummy from Frawley and he's over! Doyle converts from in front.

Raiders 28-0
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

32nd min Scott Doyle is fallible, he drops a pass and the Dogs right on attack as a result.

TRY BULLDOGS off the back if a penalty 1m from the line to Renouf Toomaga. Converted.

Raiders 28-6
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

37th min TRY RAIDERS to Mitchell Barnett. He just powers through from close range. Converted Doyle from in front.

Raiders 34-6

The Bulldogs get a penalty with 30 seconds to go, the kick to the in goal is taken dead by Canberra. The referee is not giving the Raiders an easy time.

HALF TIME
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Normally a 34-6 scoreline would put the game in the bag. In U20s its still anybody's game. :lol:
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

Bulldogs kick off for the second half.
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

46th min TRY RAIDERS a hat trick to Scott Doyle out wide. No conversion.

Raiders 38-6
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

50th min TRY BULLDOGS to Sam Gerry Burgess. Conversion unsuccessful.

Raiders 38-10
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

57th min Raiders force a line drop out on the Bulldogs. But Canberra can't take advantage. They run it on the last and die with the ball 1m from the line.
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

61st min TRY BULLDOGS to Gerry Burgess, his second of the night. Simple overlap of men, converted.

Raiders 38-16
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

63rd min TRY BULLDOGS to bench hooker Alex Sorge. Just terrible defence in that set from Canberra. No conversion from out wide, it hits the post.

Raiders 38-20
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

16 to go. Canberra's defence has become very loose. Dogs held out, 10m from the line.
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

14 to go Canberra is forced into a line drop out. The Raiders are fading badly. The referee is not helping. Every decision is going the way of the Dogs.
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

11 to go Bulldogs pick a player up off the ground and take him over the sideline. No call of held, gives the Dogs another chance in the red zone. The set fortunately ends with a Bulldogs error right near the try line.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

There's almost a rule at U20s that the scores have to level out :(

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

6 to go Raiders get a scrum feed 10m out from the try line, Dogs knock on the bomb. It ends badly, Raiders disorganised and drop it 10m out.
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

76th min TRY RAIDERS TRY RAIDERS to Jack Creith under the posts. Set up by a good Barnett break. Converted.

Raiders 44-20

80th min TRY BULLDOGS with 30 seconds on the clock. Converted.

Raiders 44-26

Scott Doyle the official man of the match, very well deserved.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Really happy they got the win after do many close losses. Who stood out other then Doyle?
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

DFJ get a long term contract signed by Barnett. I know U/20s isn't FG, but fearless performance week in week out, should be rewarded.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

MATCH REPORT: NYC Canberra Raiders edge closer to the top eight

The Canberra Raiders NYC team has put together a complete performance to down the Canterbury Bulldogs 44-26 at GIO Stadium.

Five consecutive tries to open the first half set the tone for what was a commanding performance from the young Raiders, with the win snapping a run of three consecutive losses for the Canberra side.

Scott Doyle was at his damaging best in what was a stellar performance from the Raiders backrower. He helped himself to a hat-trick and 24 points in a great individual performance which earned him man of the match honours.

The win was a great performance from the Raiders who dominated the first half which set up the convincing win. Next week the Raiders travel to Campbelltown Stadium to take on the Wests Tigers.

Canberra Raiders 44
Tries: Doyle 3, Heffernan, Hurst, Frawley, Barnett, Creith; Doyle 6 Goals

defeated

Canterbury Bulldogs 26
Tries: 2 Gerrey-Burgess, To’Omaga, Sorge, Murphy; Keighran 3 goals

Read more: http://www.raiders.com.au/news/2014/06/ ... top_8.html
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: NYC In the Sheds: Scott Doyle

Talented back-rower Scott Doyle speaks to Raiders TV in the sheds following his Man of the Match display in the side's 44-26 win over the Bulldogs at GIO Stadium Canberra.

Click here