2014 Souths Logan Magpies

All the news on the Canberra Raiders lower grades, affiliate clubs and the Canberra Raiders Cup

Moderator: GH Moderators

Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Re: 2014 Souths Logan Magpies

Post by Toviii »

Crazy to think SLM were 24 points up at half time !
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Greenmachine87
David Shillington
Favourite Player: David Shillington

Post by Greenmachine87 »

Sounds like an entertaining game? Was the standard of footy alright ?
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Bloody hell, what a comeback
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
BluntForce
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Fensom

Post by BluntForce »

This was a heart in mouth game from the start. SLM started like a house on fire, CRONIN had the big boys going forward nicely and as expected did an uncountable amount of defence. This kid really is a footballers footballer, tough as teek.
PAGE was as previously quoted, a wrecking ball for the 70 odd minutes he was on the oval. It should also be noted that it was refreshing seeing a frontie as the last line of defence keeping the Ipswich winger out in the corner bringing the score to 40 all, the subsequent kick was then missed from the sidelines. This kid was terrific in this game.
RAPANA was simply sublime, that would have to be the best game I have ever seen him play. In my humble opinion he was the Man of the match. Great effort.
Good to see this team show glimpses of what they are capable of. HANNAY must be smiling inside seeing the character displayed by this side.
:thumbsup
BluntForce
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Fensom

Post by BluntForce »

dubby wrote:Bloody hell, what a comeback
Absolutely DUBBY, Ipswich are a top side and they showed it. You cant take anything away from them. We were lucky, some excellent individual efforts by SLM boys. DENNIS was huge again. :)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

BluntForce is one of my favourite posters.
charlie11
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Gary Belcher

Post by charlie11 »

BluntForce wrote:This was a heart in mouth game from the start. SLM started like a house on fire, CRONIN had the big boys going forward nicely and as expected did an uncountable amount of defence. This kid really is a footballers footballer, tough as teek.
PAGE was as previously quoted, a wrecking ball for the 70 odd minutes he was on the oval. It should also be noted that it was refreshing seeing a frontie as the last line of defence keeping the Ipswich winger out in the corner bringing the score to 40 all, the subsequent kick was then missed from the sidelines. This kid was terrific in this game.
RAPANA was simply sublime, that would have to be the best game I have ever seen him play. In my humble opinion he was the Man of the match. Great effort.
Good to see this team show glimpses of what they are capable of. HANNAY must be smiling inside seeing the character displayed by this side.
Thats a good accurate report,it was good to see Cronin get a lot of minutes.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

MATCH REPORT: Magpies scrape home in stunner

Some games you can’t accurately describe nor do justice to, as they seem to defy belief.

With 25 minutes to go the Ipswich Jets were down 40-12 and people naturally started to think ‘game over’.

Then 25 minutes later as the sun set over the North Ipswich Reserve, Wes Conlon lined up a conversion to win the Jets the game. The conversion was just wide and that left 10 seconds on the clock.

Then after the siren, Souths’ Jordan Rapana calmly slotted a penalty goal through to give Souths an incredible 42-40 win.

SOUTHS LOGAN MAGPIES 42 (Jordan Rapana 2, Luke Archer 2, Grant Cooke, Rhys Jacks, Mitch Cronin tries; Jordan Rapana 7 goals) def IPSWICH JETS 40 (Carlin Anderson 2, Wes Conlon 2, Nemani Valekapa, Martin Kennedy, Matt Parcell tries; Wes Conlon 6 goals) at North Ipswich Reserve.

Read more: http://www.qrl.com.au/news/2014/07/13/m ... unner.html
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

BluntForce wrote:This was a heart in mouth game from the start. SLM started like a house on fire, CRONIN had the big boys going forward nicely and as expected did an uncountable amount of defence. This kid really is a footballers footballer, tough as teek.
Rampant to the raiders top 25 next year. Robbo out?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Souths Logan Magpies V Ipswich Jets

Click here
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

2014 Round 20 Queensland Cup: Mackay Cutters v Souths Logan Magpies

Stadium Mackay on Saturday, July 19, 6:00pm

Mackay Cutters
1. Zac Santo 2. Liam Taylor (c) 3. Chris Ulugia 4. Niko Mataia 5. Justin Tavae 6. Dan Murphy 7. Brent Warr 8. Dan Beasley 9. Dave Petersen 10. Karl Davies 11. Kelvin Nielsen 12. Chris Gesch 13. Rohan Ahern

14. Doug Hewitt 15. Aleki Falepaini 16. Josh Osborne 17. Mitch Day 20. Ryan Kinlyside

Coach: Kim Williams

Souths Logan Magpies
1. Jordan Rapana 2. Ramon Filipine 3. Grant Cooke 4. Tim Brooks 5. Luke Archer 6. Phil Dennis (c) 7. Rhys Jacks 8. Luke Page 9. Mitch Cronin 10. Andrew Edwards 11. Leon Panapa 12. Patrick Mago 13. Luke Bateman

14. Jake Eden 15. Rez Phillips 16. Zac Lemberg 17. Darcy Wright 18. Dallas Anderson

Coach: Josh Hannay

Twitter: #intrustsupercup #MCvSLM
Travis
David Grant
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Travis »

Good to see Bateman has forced Panapa from the lock position this week.
charlie11
Simon Woolford

Post by charlie11 »

Bateman,Mago and Cronin, three of the better young footballers running in Qcup.Hope to see all three get a run for the Raiders next year.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Mackay Cutters V Souths Logan Magpies

Stadium Mackay on Saturday, July 19 - 6pm
Referee: Peter Gough
Head to Head: Souths Logan 10 Mackay 3
Twitter: #intrustsupercup #MCvSLM

The Souths Logan Magpies snapped an alarming away record when they recorded their first win on the road in six games last Saturday. It took a penalty goal after the siren though for the Magpies to finally seal that win and now they head to Mackay in search of another vital two competition points. The Round 20 clash is virtually a must-win game for both teams as they attempt to keep touch with the top five in their quest for finals action in September. Magpies second-rower Leon Panapa and fullback Jordan Rapana tormented the Jets last weekend and the duo again loom as pivotal players for Souths Logan. The Magpies have won their last three games against Mackay, including a 42-22 victory earlier this year in Round 12. On the milestone front, Souths back-rower Darcy Wright will play his 50th Cup match in the black and white. Mackay this week announced some positive news, with the launch of its Academy development program for junior players in the district.

‘Dobbo’ says: When it clicks at the Magpies boy oh boy it clicks. Last week the first half of footy they played against the Jets was near perfect. Luke Page, the strong front rower with the worst haircut in the Cup, was outstanding and really sent a clear message to Raiders coach Ricky Stuart who was in the stand. Jordan Rapana was fantastic at the back and kicked a clutch goal after full time to seal the win. Will do a job on the Cutters. Souths Logan Magpies by 12.

Read more: http://www.qrl.com.au/news/2014/07/18/r ... eview.html
charlie11
Simon Woolford

Post by charlie11 »

Try to Cronin after 6 minutes. SLM 6 Mackay Cutters 0
charlie11
Simon Woolford

Post by charlie11 »

Try to Rapana after 10 minutes. Score 10 - nil
charlie11
Simon Woolford

Post by charlie11 »

Try to Bateman after 16 minutes. SLM 16 - MC nil
charlie11
Simon Woolford

Post by charlie11 »

Mackay Cutters score. SLM 16 - MC 6 after 20 minutes
charlie11
Simon Woolford

Post by charlie11 »

Cutters in again. SLM 16 - MC 12
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Thanks for the updates Charlie!
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

How are our young boys looking charlie11?
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
charlie11
Simon Woolford

Post by charlie11 »

Not actually at the game. Getting updates from SLM official. Thought I would share.
charlie11
Simon Woolford

Post by charlie11 »

Cutter score. MC 18 - SLM 16 after 34 minutes. Bugger.
charlie11
Simon Woolford

Post by charlie11 »

Cutters in again. MC 22 - SLM 16. After 38. Nearly half time.
charlie11
Simon Woolford

Post by charlie11 »

Half time score. 22 - 16 to Mackay Cutters. Lucky it's half time. Hopefully SLM come out firing next half.
charlie11
Simon Woolford

Post by charlie11 »

No change to the score. 23 minutes to go.
charlie11
Simon Woolford

Post by charlie11 »

Penalty goal to Cutters. MC 24 - SLM 16
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Thanks for the updates, which I were enjoying more at the start

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
The Greenhouse

Re: 2014 Rd 19 V Storm: Game Day and Post Match

Post by The Greenhouse »

Mackay Cutters lead Souths Logan Magpies 24-16
charlie11
Simon Woolford

Post by charlie11 »

Try to Bateman. MC 24 - SLM 22. 6 minutes to go.
The Greenhouse

Re: 2014 Rd 19 V Storm: Game Day and Post Match

Post by The Greenhouse »

75th min TRY MAGPIES Cutters 24-22
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

79th min Souths Logan Magpies miss penalty goal. 90 seconds left.
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

80th min Magpies trail by 2, Magpies scrum 10m out from their own line.
charlie11
Simon Woolford

Post by charlie11 »

Full time. MC 24 - SLM 22
Last edited by charlie11 on July 19, 2014, 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

Cutters just hold on.

FULL TIME

Mackay Cutters 24
Souths Logan Magpies 22