2014 Mounties

All the news on the Canberra Raiders lower grades, affiliate clubs and the Canberra Raiders Cup

Moderator: GH Moderators

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: 2014 Mounties

Post by Botman »

Campo was...

awful
theRads
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Campo

Post by theRads »

The game was awful but Campo wasn't.
theRads
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

How did Pangai Jr and Ahearn go? They are about the only players of interest in the side for next year.
theRads
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Campo

Post by theRads »

Ahearn was good under the high ball and made a few decent runs.

Pangai jr was ok. He dropped the ball once or twice though
theRads
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

theRads wrote:The game was awful but Campo wasn't.
You know Campese was the bald guy stinking it up, right?

Given his experience, and the chances Mounties had, he should have had 4-5 try assists to his name

His kicking game was inconsistent, and he didn't do much in the ball playing stakes. If his name wasn't Campese no one would have even know he was playing. That's pretty bad for a 29 year old veteran of the game
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

Havent seen the game and I wont even though I recorded it but Campo should have looked like Lozza today playing at that level.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

It was probably cause it was wet, the bloke stinks
Aero
Laurie Daley

Post by Aero »

I just posted on the Campo thread not long ago.
Bit much to expect Campo to turn his form around in one game. What he's lacking at the moment is confidence - confidence to commit his body into tackles, confidence to run at the defensive line with the intent to break through.
Whether or not Campo turns his form around is completely upto him... I still think he can contribute to the team if he can regain his confidence - but until he regains that confidence, I'm happy enough to let him find that confidence playing for Mounties.
2012, 2014 and 2015 Boogs Avatar/Signature of the Year
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders skipper Terry Campese resigned to finishing year in NSW Cup

Terry Campese apologised to his NSW Cup coach for his errors, before telling him he'd be back next week to make up for them.

The Canberra Raiders skipper is resigned to finishing the year with feeder team Mounties. Time will tell if he's forced to finish his career there next season.

"He's probably in a bit of a bad trot at the moment, I just want him to enjoy himself," said Mounties coach Steve Antonelli. "He didn't have the best of games but he came up and apologised to me for it afterwards. He said 'I could be better, but I'll fix it next week'. That's a positive thing.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... 07lix.html
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

In hindsight, this should have been the way campo should have returned to the nrl.

Campese was always a confidence player. Furnerand Stuat should ignored his pride or reputation and used nsw cup to restore his confidence. Instead the damage has been done.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Dirty rock star
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Blake ferguson

Post by Dirty rock star »

He started positive than a 40:20 went out and that started the rot I think.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

You people continue not to **** get it :lol:

This isnt a confidence issue, when will you people come to terms with this? Campese is not going to suddenly burst through the line at NSW cup, score a try and magically realise he's still got it and be a NRL standard footballer. This isnt a disney film guys, this is real bloody life.

The guy is DONE. It's sad. I hate seeing injury rob athletes of their abilities to compete at the highest level. I'd dearly love for this to be a confidence issue, but it's not, Campese no longer possesses the required strength, speed, agility and mobility to be an NRL player. He doesnt have the speed to beat defenders, the strength to push through them, the agility to defend on the edges, or the mobilty to move into a role within the team that does not require these skills.

The "damange has been done", via injury
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

I agree. But if he'd come through nsw cup we'd know this by now and without the heartache at nrl level.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Anyone with half a brain cell knew that 18 months ago, Dubby, you'll find posts of many of us saying so then, he was very unlikely to ever be the player he was before. :lol:
At the very least it was clear to all and sundry half way through last year

We didnt need to play him in FG this year to know this, we certainly didnt need to do it until round 23, and all the "Campo will benefit from a full preseason" stuff was both over done as a gag (though i appreciate over done gags, i mean - jack getting paid still makes me giggle) and void of reality.

Goodness me, go to bed, you're drunk.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

I'm agreeing with you! I said it 18 months ago too!!

Goodness me. Show some love brother!

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

You havent really agreed with me at all :lol:

No love for you.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Pigman = Daryl Dixon.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

2014 NSW Cup Round 25: Mounties V Cronulla Sharks

VB NSW CUP: MOUNTIES V CRONULLA SUTHERLAND SHARKS
SATURDAY AUGUST 30, 3.00PM, MOUNTIES SPORTS GROUND

Mounties
1. Jack Ahearn 2. Reece Robinson 3. Mosese Pangai 4. Sami Sauiluma 5. Wayne Dargan 6. Terry Campese 7. Ryan Carr 8. Mitch Cahalane 9. Reece Goldsmith 10. Shane Shackleton 11. Jake Foster 12. Tevita Pangai Junior 13. Clay Preist

14. Rodney Coates 15. Adam Tangata 16. Mitch Beggs 17. Grant Lahey

Cronulla Sharks
1. Kurt Mann 2. Tim Robinson 3. Josh Portlock 4. Paul Simona 5. Young Tonumaipea 6. Ben Hampton 7. Penani Manumalealii 8. Kurt Dillon 9. Bradley Deitz 10. George Rose 11. Patrice Siolo 12. Michael Morris 13. Winstone Asotasi

14. Kurt Drysdale 15. Jake Goodwin 16. Anthony Moraitis 17. Benjamin Chahoud
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

It's been moved to Mounties Sports Ground according to their FB
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Ben Hampton. I remember him.

Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

dubby wrote:Ben Hampton. I remember him.
Did he sign with the Cows?
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

I think so. Releasing Lui to sign up Hampton is my guess.

Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Zero tackle has him re-signed at the Storm till end of 2016.

Where's Matty ?
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

I'm near certain he re-signed with Melbourne..
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

Toviii wrote:I'm near certain he re-signed with Melbourne..
Yeah he did
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

There you go. Such is my interest in player movement this year

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Mounties V Cronulla Sharks

Mt Pritchard Sports Ground, Saturday, August 30
Kick-off: 3.00pm
Referee: Chris Treneman

Summary: Another big match in terms of the top eight and finalising how it is all going to pan out. The Jets and Warriors fans will certainly be cheering for a Mounties win while the Sharks know that they are basically playing for their finals lives. If the Sharks were to lose here, they would then need both the Jets and Warriors to lose to remain in the eight by rounds end, and with the Warriors heavily favoured to account for the Bears on Sunday, this would seem an unlikely scenario. Mounties can’t fall out of the eight regardless of the result, in fact they can’t finish any worse than their current position of sixth, but they could still finish fourth depending on other results. The Sharks accounted for Mounties 22-20 back in round 18 after Mounties had lead 14-6 at half time. Obviously a lot has happened to both of these clubs since then, with the Sharks particularly affected by recent suspension and injury dramas. A young and somewhat inexperienced Cronulla side came back from 10-4 down against the Bears last weekend to win 32-10 while Mounties were their own worst enemy against the Panthers in a match they may well had won had they held on to some ball. Mounties will have Terry Campese at six here again, and he may also play for them during week one of the finals series, as their NRL affiliate, the Raiders, will still be in action. The Sharks side resembles nothing like the teams that were taking to the park earlier in the year, but with players like Penani Manumalealii and Ben Hampton steering them around the park, they will still be dangerous.

Over to you Sam: In terms of the top try scorer title, the status quo remained last weekend with not too much movement at the top. Bureta Faraimo remains on top with 18, and is currently on the sidelines with a knee injury, while Sami (17) couldn’t get over the line against the Panthers in a day that wasn’t exactly an outside backs dream. Just behind Sami on 16 tries is Josh Mantellato while Nathan Ross and Eto Nabuli would need a bag of tries as they enter the final round on 15 tries. So short of an outrageous performance from one of the guys behind him, Sami probably just needs a sneaky double against the Sharks to claim this year’s regular season title. Over to you Sami.

Prediction: Look for Mounties to bounce back at home. Mounties by 4.

Read more: http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2014/08/28 ... _five.html
Angy90
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Papalii

Post by Angy90 »

Does that sharks nsw cup team have any sharks nrl contracted players in it, I only recognise storm contracted players
BrisbaneRaider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by BrisbaneRaider »

Angy90 wrote:Does that sharks nsw cup team have any sharks nrl contracted players in it, I only recognise storm contracted players
Manumalealii and Jake Goodwin are, off the top of my head.
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

Welcome to our coverage of today's NSW Cup clash between Mounties and Cronulla Sharks at Mounties Sports Ground.

5th min TRY SHARKS, converted.

Sharks 6-0
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

9th min TRY SHARKS to winger Tim Robinson. He intercepts and goes the length of the field to score the four pointer. Converted.

Sharks 12-0
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

14th min TRY MOUNTIES to Reece Robinson. Campese unable to convert from out wide.

Sharks 12-4
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

23rd min TRY MOUNTIES to Sami Sauiluma, off the back of a scrum win. Converted.

Sharks 12-10
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

31st min TRY SHARKS, with George Rose producing some good work in the lead up. Converted.

Sharks 18-10
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

HALF TIME

Sharks 18
Mounties 10