2013 Holden Cup: Finals Week 1 V Bulldogs

All the news on the Canberra Raiders lower grades, affiliate clubs and the Canberra Raiders Cup

Moderator: GH Moderators

Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Re: 2013 Holden Cup: Finals Week 1 V Bulldogs

Post by Nick »

The Nickman wrote: Still, having said that, we had our chance in golden point, just completely fudged the play and it was very early in the tackle count.
Kimmorley will have some words for Cornish over that, inexperience cost him there, set himself up very poorly

Should never have been in that position, we should have been walking off winners at the end of 80 minutes, given that bulldogs player was clearly a metre infront of the kicker
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Northern Raider wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
greeneyed wrote:Can we please cut ALL the personal remarks, thanks.
You're a good guy, GE. I like you.
EDIT
No I didn't
PrimetimeRaider
Jason Croker

Post by PrimetimeRaider »

Didn't Cornish make the team of the year?
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Brenko Lee is still a few years away from NRL our even Mounties.

Hard luck today, but it's obvious the refs will be immense scrutiny rest of the year. They've been bad thus far
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

do the minor premiers play in Canberra next week ??
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Are we certain that Brenko Lee is related to Eddie Lee and not Joel Thompson??
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

green94 wrote:do the minor premiers play in Canberra next week ??
U20s will be assigned to a NRL game I believe
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

dubby wrote:Brenko Lee is still a few years away from NRL our even Mounties.
I disagree, his issues at the moment is poor discipline off the field. He seems to have come back from his long term injury terribly overweight and unfit.
He needs to commit to a good diet and get himself in tip top shape for next year's 20's... if he can do that and keep healthy and fit, he'll be pushing for promotion this time next year
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

No, it'll be Melbourne or Sydney
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

The Nickman wrote:Are we certain that Brenko Lee is related to Eddie Lee and not Joel Thompson??
I've wondered that for months :lol: he looks like a fat version of Thommo :lol:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

MATCH REPORT: Holden Cup Canberra Raiders downed by Dogs in golden point after controversial refereeing call

The Canberra Raiders Under 20s side has lost a dramatic Holden Cup qualifying final to Canterbury Bulldogs 27-26 in golden point. The Raiders started slowly but clawed back to hold a 26-22 lead with 10 minutes remaining. However, a controversial 73rd minute try to Canterbury fullback, Patrick Templeman saw the scores locked at 26 all at the end of regulation time, before Templeman scored the winning field goal. Both sides missed a number of field goal attempts to seize victory in regulation time. However, a good break by one of the Canterbury forwards five minutes into extra time put the Bulldogs within 10 metres of the Canberra goal-line, allowing Templeman to plot a simple field goal. Next weekend the Raiders will take on the Wests Tigers in a sudden death semi-final at a time and venue that is yet to be decided.

Read more: http://www.raiders.com.au/news-display/ ... oint/84489
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

green94 wrote:
The Nickman wrote:Are we certain that Brenko Lee is related to Eddie Lee and not Joel Thompson??
I've wondered that for months :lol: he looks like a fat version of Thommo :lol:
He certainly came back from his perpetual hamstring strain looking a bit overweight. Can understand why they pushed him back to the bench with all 3 centres available. Fitness seems lacking.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Cornish has had some amazing games in the last couple of years and has won games for this team on his own. He had one poor game today and has struggled for form coming in and out of the team for the last month, and you can't wait to rip into a 19 year old kid.

Grow up.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

The Nickman wrote:
none of the teams playing next week have corresponding NRL games. Roosters are a top 4 side and should be rewarded with the 'home' game in Sydney. Think the Raiders would be happy to take on the Tigers in Melbourne.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

T_R wrote:Cornish has had some amazing games in the last couple of years and has won games for this team on his own. He had one poor game today and has struggled for form coming in and out of the team for the last month, and you can't wait to rip into a 19 year old kid.

Grow up.
QFT
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I agree with Nick
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Northern Raider wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
none of the teams playing next week have corresponding NRL games. Roosters are a top 4 side and should be rewarded with the 'home' game in Sydney. Think the Raiders would be happy to take on the Tigers in Melbourne.
Yep that's the most logical thing to do.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

The Nickman wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
So the NRL will do the opposite.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Hope we play in Melbourne.
nemesis
Brett Mullins

Post by nemesis »

Dudded yet again, I thought it was clear dogs player offside in the first half that we challenged and there last try. The frame they used was one where the ball was half a metre away from the foot, well after he kicked it and even then he was still off side : /. Gonna be a big effort to beat the tigers, another one of our bogey teams
raider 4 life
manbearpig
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Wighton

Post by manbearpig »

Im just, bicking back being bool
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

CONFIRMED: Both #HoldenCup Semi-Finals will be played at @AllianzStadium on Friday. #NYCcanwst at 3:05pm and then #NYCsydwar
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

That is so incredibly ridiculous, it isn't funny.
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

Northern Raider wrote:One observation from today's game. I've always thought that Jordan Worboys could develop into a decent hooker. If he does go down that path I seriously hope he gets those forwards passes out of his game.
I see him as a ball playing back rower like Greg Bird in all honesty.

As for Cornish, his defence at this level was pathetic today.
WorkChoice
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

That is dumb. What will be on before the Storm game?
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

T_R wrote:Cornish has had some amazing games in the last couple of years and has won games for this team on his own. He had one poor game today and has struggled for form coming in and out of the team for the last month, and you can't wait to rip into a 19 year old kid.

Grow up.
He has had some amazing games, your right, against some poor teams at U20's level.

Gone missing at some very important games for his club the past couple of years.

If your quality doesn't matter whether you come in or out of a side, makes the difference between the good or the bad, all just excuses.
WorkChoice
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

The Tigers are probably too broke to travel.
Lucky
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Lucky »

Just got back from the game... what a DISASTER :thumbsdown I predicted it, and I got it.
Not only was I subjected to a heart breaking golden point defeat but some bulldogs supporter thought it would be a good idea to drop a beer on my head......... call it an accident, but I am very suspicious. Rest of the family were upset too because they are dogs supporters and their season has ended on what was a disgusting performance from a quality team... it was almost a raiders-like performance. Last 3 games Ive been too, lost 38-16 to souths in final, lost 32-12 to panthers in round 1 this year.... now this game, sad loss in extra time, and honestly if they play like they did today against the tigers then they will be knocked out in straight sets. Needless to say I wont be attending another raiders game for a long time :cry:
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

Imagine my surprise to find the Sam Williams EDIT coming out of the woodwork to lay a boot into Cornish.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Nick wrote:

Grow up.
QFT
I want the kid to succeed as much as the next person, but unfortunately over the past couple of years he hasn't consistently dominated at the U20's level. It's a massive gamble for the club to have put all their eggs in his basket. I think some people's expectations of him are way too high at this stage.

I'm not ripping into him or deathriding him, but by any measure he had a poor game today. Hopefully he can turn it around.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

The main concern is there's a real chance McCrone will be our halfback for the foreseeable future if Cornish doesn't step up
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Manbush wrote:The main concern is there's a real chance McCrone will be our halfback for the foreseeable future if Cornish doesn't step up
Outside of Cornish , Campo and Milford it leaves McCrone

Depth in the halves is real skinny
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

Wighton would go ok in the halves. So would Ahearn. Not all is lost if Cornish can't make the step up - it's too early to predict whether he will or not.
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

I think Ahearn can play there. Should start preparing him for it right away.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

reptar wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
So the NRL will do the opposite.
We have a wiener.