2013 Holden Cup: Rd 26 V Sharks

All the news on the Canberra Raiders lower grades, affiliate clubs and the Canberra Raiders Cup

Moderator: GH Moderators

edwahu

Re: 2013 Holden Cup: Rd 26 V Sharks

Post by edwahu »

They showed against the Warriors they can defend for 80 and they will lift for sure.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

MATCH REPORT: Canberra Raiders survive late scare from the Sharks

The Canberra Raiders Holden Cup side have survived a late scare in the second half to hold onto a 36-34 win over the Cronulla Sharks at Canberra Stadium.

Coach Mick Mantelli said in the lead up to the match that he was looking for his side to remain focused on the task at hand despite having already locked up the minor premiership last week.

Whilst Mantelli will be pleased with their first half effort which saw the side advance to a 24-6 halftime lead, he will be disappointed with Canberra’s second half effort.

Despite opening the scoring in the 50th minute through Jonathon Reuben, his second for the match, the Sharks went onto score four quick-fire tries in-between the 55th and 61st minute mark.

Read more: http://www.raiders.com.au/news-display/ ... arks/83869
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: Canberra Raiders NYC captain Mitch Cornish talks about the close run win over the Sharks

Raiders NYC Captain Mitch Cornish speaks after the win against the Sharks as the team collected the minor premiership.

Click here
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

I'll be getting around the U20s team in the finals if their games are on fox. It'll be nice to see a Raiders team win for a change.
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Toviii wrote:I'll be getting around the U20s team in the finals if their games are on fox. It'll be nice to see a Raiders team win for a change.
a win isn't guaranteed Tovilli. at times they can be very loose and the last time they played the dogs well you know....
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

green94 wrote:
Toviii wrote:I'll be getting around the U20s team in the finals if their games are on fox. It'll be nice to see a Raiders team win for a change.
a win isn't guaranteed Tovilli. at times they can be very loose and the last time they played the dogs well you know....
The team is certainly good enough, they just need to be switched on mentally. I certainly don't expect them to get knocked out in straight sets :(
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Toviii wrote:
green94 wrote:
The team is certainly good enough, they just need to be switched on mentally. I certainly don't expect them to get knocked out in straight sets :(
no doubt they're good enough mate. I'll be watching...go raiders.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock: