2013 Holden Cup: Rd 13 V Broncos

All the news on the Canberra Raiders lower grades, affiliate clubs and the Canberra Raiders Cup

Moderator: GH Moderators

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: 2013 Holden Cup: Rd 13 V Broncos

Post by Northern Raider »

Luffty wrote:Oh I'm not at the game, unfortunately too sick too go, but there is always one person going nuts at the refs in the early games.
Its usually GE
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

63rd min Raiders force a line drop out. Great set from Canberra from the restart.
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

64th min TRY RAIDERS to Jack Ahearn. Grubber to the in goal fumbled and the Raiders pounce. Under the posts and it's converted.

Raiders 26-22
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

67th min Raiders drop it near halfway, takes the pressure off Brisbane and gives them a chance. Followed by a penalty right on the try line to Brisbane.
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

68th min Raiders defused the bomb brilliantly. And finally Canberra get a penalty near half way! The set breaks down with the Broncos ruled to have knocked on. Raiders scrum 11m out.
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

72nd min TRY RAIDERS to Jono Kent in the corner! And it's converted by Kent from the sideline!

Raiders 32-22
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

75th min TRY RAIDERS Awesome take, outstretched arms from Jono Kent and he scores in the corner! And he converts from the sideline, again!

Raiders 38-22
Lucky
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Lucky »

awww yeh time to go the rest of the season undefeated!
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Great to see them keeping the streak going.
Smurfette
Brett Mullins

Post by Smurfette »

Sounds like a good come back after that period in the middle.
The Greenhouse

2013 Holden Cup: Rd 13 V Broncos

Post by The Greenhouse »

78th min TRY BRONCOS and they convert.

Raiders 38-28

And that's full time.

Canberra Raiders 38
Jack Creith 7m
Patrick Mago 22m
Jeremy Hawkins 28m
Luke Bateman 61m
Jack Ahearn 64m
Jono Kent 72m
Jono Kent 76m
Jono Kent 2/2 (100%)
Jack Ahearn 1/1 (100%)
Jordan Worboys 2/4 (50%)

Brisbane Broncos 28
Duncan Paia'Aua 25m
Cameron Cullen 34m
Corey Oates 46m
Paul Byrnes 49m
Cameron Cullen 80m
Cameron Cullen 4/5 (80%)
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

Good win
BrisbaneRaider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by BrisbaneRaider »

Thanks for the updates GE.
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

Match Report NYC: Raiders remain on top after great win

The Canberra Raiders Holden Cup side has retained their spot at the top of the National Youth Competition ladder after a brilliant 38-28 over the seventh placed Brisbane Broncos. A loss in this encounter would have allowed Penrith to leapfrog Canberra on the ladder after the Panthers smashed the West Tigers 50-12 yesterday. Jeremy Hawkins was named Man of the Match in the victory after the robust centre’s marvellously mature display in both attack and defence.

Read more: http://www.raiders.com.au/news-display/ ... -win/76769
mattygordo
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Damon Booby

Post by mattygordo »

Brenko, Cornish and Rueben out that was a great win
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Young Raiders keep top spot

The Canberra Raiders survived a huge scare from Brisbane to retain their place atop the under-20 ladder with a 38-28 win at Canberra Stadium on Monday.

Canberra hasn’t lost since round one, against second-placed Penrith whom they host in a blockbuster battle on Saturday.

But the seventh-placed Broncos threatened Canberra’s 10-match run without defeat when early second-half tries to back-rower Corey Oates and winger Paul Byrnes gave the visitors a 22-14 lead.

However the Raiders, minus key players Mitch Cornish and Brenko Lee, responded with four unanswered tries to leap to 23 points on the table, one ahead of the Panthers.

Holden Cup under 20s: Round 13 - CANBERRA RAIDERS 38 (J Kent 2, J Creith, P Mago, J Hawkins, L Bateman, J Ahearn tries; J Worboys 3, J Kent 2 goals) bt BRISBANE BRONCOS 28 (C Cullen 2, D Paia’Aua, C Oates, P Byrnes tries; C Cullen 4 goals) at Canberra Stadium on Monday.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... z2VpBTWdom
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I hope the troops are back on deck for next week

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
waldo1961
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Fergo, Fenno, Joel Edwards

Post by waldo1961 »

The Raiders young guys were running last, 5 lengths behind the last horse, under the whip with 20 mins to go. Something clicked, even without Cornish, and they piled on the tries. The Broncs No. 7 began cramping very badly (probably the heat) at about the time we came good, he seemed to be a very classy little (but built) player. Hopefully the Broncs are happy with him as a future FG half, and they stay away from our young stars.
Gold Member 7819
Bay 52