Brenko Lee

All the news on the Canberra Raiders lower grades, affiliate clubs and the Canberra Raiders Cup

Moderator: GH Moderators

Green Croker
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker and Jack Wighton

Brenko Lee

Post by Green Croker »

Hey GH,

I have seen a lot of people on here comparing Brenko Lee to Joel Thompson. Brenko is playing centre at the moment and is a beast but do we see him pushing first grade next year? If so which position centre or back row? We have so much depth in the centres it makes more sense that he could slot in the second row. I just want everyones thoughts on him and what position you see him playing because I havent seen to much of him and he seems to be getting huge raps around here.

Thanks Green Croker :D

"Credit to Fistinz, Amazing Work!"
greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Brenko Lee

Post by greeneyed »

Let's leave him in centre before we kill the 17 year olds. I'm sorry if I'm being a bit rude.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

He is young , still has a few years left in U20's

We dont need to rush this one , but I can see him at Mounties next year for games , he is an absolute beast.

By the time his career is developed , and he develops, he will be a backrower. Not yet though
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

I would expect he will debut next year, play most of the year in mounties and be a regular the year after. He is a massive talent, the most impressive power based player to come through in years. Its not always something that translates into a good first grader (see John Kite from the dogs) but the most recent examples for us are positive (JT, Paps).
Aero
Laurie Daley

Post by Aero »

Would be a couple of years still before we see him a regular in the FG. He's only 17, so I hope they don't have to rush him into FG any time soon coz of injuries.
2012, 2014 and 2015 Boogs Avatar/Signature of the Year
Stuat
Gary Belcher

Brenko Lee

Post by Stuat »

edwahu wrote:I would expect he will debut next year, play most of the year in mounties and be a regular the year after. He is a massive talent, the most impressive power based player to come through in years. Its not always something that translates into a good first grader (see John Kite from the dogs) but the most recent examples for us are positive (JT, Paps).
The kid is a freak. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him do a Paps next year, slot into FG and stay there...
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Brenko Lee

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote:Let's leave him in centre before we kill the 17 year olds. I'm sorry if I'm being a bit rude.
Enough of the personal insults, thanks.
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

Post by Captain Punish »

The Nickman wrote:
greeneyed wrote:Let's leave him in centre before we kill the 17 year olds. I'm sorry if I'm being a bit rude.
Enough of the personal insults, thanks.
Back on topic please
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
The Name Change Bet - Regarding the three bets above;
I win all three I keep my name.
I win one I become "the Punish"
I lose all I become "Chicken Little"
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

Hey @RaidersCanberra check out @LeagueWeek for a feature on NYC star Brenko Lee #greenmachine
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

The simple fact is at 17 and his size, he could very easily and very quickly outgrow the centre position

to me centre and back row are very much becoming interchangeable spots, both are suited to his skill set. Best case scenario is that he continues to be a dominate force at centre and maintains the level of defensively mobility to translate his game at NRL level and maybe, with his mix of size, speed and talent, we have a super star centre in the future... but if he outgrows the backline, he has the skill set of an elite edge back rower