Lower Grade Teams V Eels

All the news on the Canberra Raiders lower grades, affiliate clubs and the Canberra Raiders Cup

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Lower Grade Teams V Eels

Post by greeneyed »

From www.raiders.com.au

NSWRL VB Premier League Round 19
Canberra Raiders v Parramatta Eels
Canberra Stadium, Sunday July 17
Kickoff 1:00pm

1 Bronx Goodwin
2 David Milne
3 Jack Pearson
4 Jermaine Ale
5 Adrian Purtell
6 Terry Campese
7 William Zillman
8 Willie Raston
9 Ryan Hinchcliffe
10 Jason Williams
11 Kris Kahler
12 Ben Jones
13 Jarred Lawrence

INTERCHANGE
14 Glen Buttriss
15 Alan Rothery
16 Alex Blayden
17 Michael Howell

NSWRL Jersey Flegg Round 19
Canberra Raiders v Parramatta Eels
Canberra Stadium, Sunday July 17
Kickoff 11:00am

1 Jade Williams
2 Brent Crisp
3 Kyle Lodge
4 Leigh Fisher
5 Junior Sau
6 Luke Gray
7 Marc Herbert
8 Steve McLean
9 Luke Jay
10 Ryan Barton
11 Kurtis Curry
12 Tim McNally
13 Matt Wallace

INTERCHANGE
14 Chris Borgese
15 Tim Pieris
16 Cy Lasscock
17 Uelese Faiumina
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

3 Jack Pearson
Who is he?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I feel for Milne and Ale being in PL...... interesting to see Herbert back in the halves for JF.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Pearson is a very good centre on the way up.
Chief Chujo
David Grant

Post by Chief Chujo »

Ale will be out of here next year if he doesn't get a proper go in firsts.
I don't get it. Elliot said he was our SBW yet he rates Howell above him???
Inactive

Post by Inactive »

Chief Chujo wrote:Ale will be out of here next year if he doesn't get a proper go in firsts.
I don't get it. Elliot said he was our SBW yet he rates Howell above him???
agree there chief
llab yob
Brett Mullins

Post by llab yob »

Pearson is a good centre or 2nd row he has been around for a few years but has started hitting some form lately
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I thought Jersey Flegg would be kicking off at 11.30am, with a 3pm start for the NRL match! I am off to the game NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
Butters
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Butters »

Ale and Milne.. playing together.. Furner is a lucky bloke!
PROUD MEMBER OF THE CONVERSION ENTHUSIASTS
2009 Golden Boogs: McLinden Award
hrundi99
Dean Lance

Post by hrundi99 »

JF Raiders 32 - Eels 28 full time
Canberra Raiders Supporter - Established 1982.
SOULS 04
Jason Croker

Post by SOULS 04 »

top stuff

that is official?
THE GREEN MACHINE PODCAST - https://soundcloud.com/user-792269565
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

24-4 canberra winning in PL
with 10 to go 8)
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

we won Premier League
28-16 :)
hrundi99
Dean Lance

Post by hrundi99 »

1. Eels 30
2. Jets 28
3. Roosters 26
4. Raiders 26
Last edited by hrundi99 on July 19, 2005, 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Canberra Raiders Supporter - Established 1982.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I got to the Jersey Flegg a bit late and when I arrived, they were already 12-0 up over the Eels. The Raiders went out to a very big lead, and then had to hold on at the end, as the referee brought the Eels back into it. I cannot remember so many missed forward passes as I saw today from the Eels lower grades. The refereeing in the second half of JF was truly awful, and the JF Raiders did a fantastic job to hold on and win. The man of the match was without doubt Marc Herbert at halfback, IMO. He scored two tries and set up one other with a great break, that I can remember. Some great kicking as well. A good performance fro Luke Gray as well.

In Premier League, the Raiders performed very strongly across the park and the Eels were never really in it, even though they threatened towards the end. Jack Pearson scored twice I think..... very good performance, Milne and Ale looked good. Campese put in some good kicks, Zillman was not his usual self, but played pretty well. The forwards were very good, with Jason Williams scoring two tries and winning the official man of the match.

It was a great day to be a Raiders fan!!!!!!!!!!!! Three wins against a club running second in JF, first in PL, and second in NRL.

RAIDERS... RAIDERS... RAIDERS... RAIDERS...
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Thanks for the reviews GE :)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Official scoring results:

Premier League R19, Jul 15-17 Eels V Canberra
Canberra 28 (J Williams 2, J Pearson 2, K Kahler, A Purtell tries M Gafa 2 goals) defeated Parramatta 16

Jersey Flegg R19, Jul 15-17 Eels V Canberra
Canberra 32 (M Herbert 2, L Jay 2, S McLean tries M Herbert 6 goals) defeated Parramatta 28
skeepe
Jason Croker

Post by skeepe »

Williams' first try was nothing but sheer strength. Good to watch, but he wouldn't have scored it in first grade.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Summary of story from today's CT:

Two tries each to prop Jason Williams and centre Jack Pearson led the Canberra Raiders to a 28-16 victory over the Parramatta Eels in Premier League yesterday. The Raiders kept the top place Eels scoreless in the first half thanks to some tight defence and some poor handling by the Eels.

The Raiders defensive line performed almost faultlessly in the first half, moving up in formation and covering any gaps. Promising half Terry Campese directed play well and passed with dead eye accuracy, putting his backline through holes in the Eels defence.

Centre Jermaine Ale didn't help his first grade aspirations with too many handling errors but was strong in defence.

Teenage Raiders halfback William Zillman also had a strong defensive game.

Williams ran onto the ball from depth, his speed and size difficult for the Eels to handle. Pearson showed some speed in the first half, and with his and Williams' efforts, the Raiders went to the break leading 20-0.

The Raiders were forced to defend their tryline for some extended periods in the second half, but held firm, putting enough pressure on the Eels to force an error whenever a break was made.

The Raiders let the Eels back in the game in the second half, allowing them to score three quick tries in the dying stages, but Kris Kahler hit back with one of his own in the dying seconds.

Matt Gafa had an indifferent day with the boot, missing four out of six attempts, including a final attempt from in front, with the ball hitting the upright and bouncing back into the field of play.

The win keeps the Raiders in the top four, the team looking confident for the run into the finals.
Stuat
Gary Belcher

Post by Stuat »

greeneyed wrote:I got to the Jersey Flegg a bit late and when I arrived, they were already 12-0 up over the Eels. The Raiders went out to a very big lead, and then had to hold on at the end, as the referee brought the Eels back into it. I cannot remember so many missed forward passes as I saw today from the Eels lower grades. The refereeing in the second half of JF was truly awful, and the JF Raiders did a fantastic job to hold on and win. The man of the match was without doubt Marc Herbert at halfback, IMO. He scored two tries and set up one other with a great break, that I can remember. Some great kicking as well. A good performance fro Luke Gray as well.
Thanks for the match reports. On the raiders website it say L Jay scored twice. Was it Luke Jay the hooker or Luke Gray the centre/winger that had the good game?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Luke Gray was playing in five eighth, and he was the player I was referring to. Luke Jay the hooker scored twice, but I missed two tries in the first 10 minutes or so...... and I didn't focuss on Jay scoring two at the match, so maybe he did that before I arrived.
Stuat
Gary Belcher

Post by Stuat »

greeneyed wrote:Luke Gray was playing in five eighth, and he was the player I was referring to. Luke Jay the hooker scored twice, but I missed two tries in the first 10 minutes or so...... and I didn't focuss on Jay scoring two at the match, so maybe he did that before I arrived.
Thanks greeneyed, i get the two names mixed up on occasion so was just checking.
Sasha
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Woodgers

Post by Sasha »

Did anybody see when Gafa failed to convert from directly in front :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
skeepe
Jason Croker

Post by skeepe »

Schifty wrote:Did anybody see when Gafa failed to convert from directly in front :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
He did that twice Schifty.
SOULS 04
Jason Croker

Post by SOULS 04 »

geez im glad we have so many kickers in the club now.

but i think gafa has just slipped down the ladder at least one place
THE GREEN MACHINE PODCAST - https://soundcloud.com/user-792269565
skeepe
Jason Croker

Post by skeepe »

His bad kicking on the weekend wasn't because he's a bad kicker, it was through sheer laziness. He looked as though he thought that he was too good for premier league, and his attitude shone through in his play.