Do we want the Dogs to win the WCC?

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 10

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs today announced the team that will head to the UK for the 2005 World Club Challenge match against the Leeds Rhinos on February 4.

The team is:

Braith Anasta
Chris Armit
Roy Asotasi
Adam Brideson
Trent Cutler
Ben Czislowski
Hazem El Masri
Tony Grimaldi
Corey Hughes
Jamaal Lolesi
Reni Maitua
Nate Myles
Brett Oliver
Luke Patten
Adam Perry
Cameron Phelps
Trevor Thurling
Willie Tonga
Sonny Bill Williams

Commenting on the team selection, Bulldogs coach Steve Folkes said, ”Obviously we’re missing some of our established representative players due to injury, but that gives a few of the younger players an opportunity and I’m looking forward to finding out what they can do at this level.”

The Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs, the reigning NRL premiers, will depart Sydney on January 28 for the showdown against the Super League Champions, the Leeds Rhinos.

The World Club Challenge will be played on Friday, February 4 at Elland Rd Stadium, Leeds, with kick-off at 8pm (local time). The match will be televised live on Channel Nine on Saturday, February 5 from 6.55am (NSW) and 5.55am (QLD).

Players Unavailable: Andrew Ryan, Brent Sherwin, Willie Mason, Mark O'Meley, Ben Harris, Matthew Utai.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Frankly, I would really love to see Leeds win. I would like to see the ESL get a boost like that....... and can't say I like the Dogs too much.

If they do lose, I expect we will have more whinging about injuries in "unnecessary international games" from the Dogs.....
Greenblooded
John Ferguson

Post by Greenblooded »

I don't like the dogs, but I would prefer them to win over an ESL team.
Sasha
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Woodgers

Post by Sasha »

I want the dogs to win because they are from Australia, if those poms won they would start boasteing how they are soo good.
Inactive

Post by Inactive »

I go for Leeds United Football Club (soccer) and they havent had much success in recent times so therefore I'm going for Leeds Rhinos.
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

With that team the dogs named the Rhinos will win and win comfortably IMO
I wont support the dogs under and curcumstances, ive hated them ever since i was old enough to relise my old man was a fan
David Furner Fan
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: David Shillington

Post by David Furner Fan »

I'm a Leeds lass, and a Leeds United fan, but come on the Dogs!!
Boing Boing
Simon Woolford

Post by Boing Boing »

I believe that it would be good for the status of the game for Leeds to win.

And I hope the win well....