Attn: Regards LU

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Attn: Regards LU

Post by Nick »

Hey guys, I've been asked by legend not to spam LU with the link to this website. They feel we are in competition with them and have asked that we not recruit from LU.

If you post the link to this site somewhere like your sig or PM spam members there about this site you will face being banned. We feel its our duty to ensure you are all aware of this and aren't banned due to having no knowledge of this.

I would ask all members to spread the word of this site, let people know we exist. If you have raiders fans on MSN get on to them and make sure they know about us :D

Cheers
Raider_69
Last edited by Nick on January 9, 2005, 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paulquinn49
Brett Mullins

Post by paulquinn49 »

Funny that.

they said they arent in competition with rleague when we all went there, they thought spreading the word and being rugby league fans was good enough for them.

A few days ago they said the same about here, Now they have turned around and done the same thing. :roll:

Recruit on people. 8)
tonio
David Furner

Post by tonio »

It's a forum. Not a business.

You'll Never Walk Alone!
RAIDERS MEMEBER #1919 - Bay 53 - Row S - Seat 18
Former Canberra Raiders #1 Season Ticket Holder 2004 :)
legend
Simon Woolford

Post by legend »

paulquinn49 wrote:Funny that.

they said they arent in competition with rleague when we all went there, they thought spreading the word and being rugby league fans was good enough for them.

A few days ago they said the same about here, Now they have turned around and done the same thing. :roll:

Recruit on people. 8)
Just let me correct you on a few points Quinny.

Firstly, Rleague shut it's doors due to legal threats and we were already in operation and we spammed no one to come across to LU. We were the only remaining forum so it left everyone with little choice.

Secondly, after reading some of the **** on here, you guys most definitely see yourselves as the competition and I'm not in the business of giving people a free kick at my expense, hence all links to this forum on LU have been removed as will any attempt to add this site as a link in your individual sig file.

What irks me the most is we are still good enough for your other areas of conversation such as wrestling and the forum sevens, but we are bastards when it comes to the Raiders.

Can anyone else see the hypocrisy here?
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

paulquinn49 wrote: Recruit on people. 8)
That is your individual choice, i dont encourage it because i dont wish to have altercations with LU, they offer a service as do we. I hope we could both work in harmony.

Also just so this is clear, we at canberraraiders.tk do not discourage any of you from posting at LU, if you guys want to post there the go for it, i still post there aswell.

Our aim is to provide the raiders fan base a place to call their own, the dogs have the kennel, the roosters have the wall, Panthers have their own board and now so do the might green machine!!

Cheers
Raider_69
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

legend wrote:
paulquinn49 wrote:Funny that.

Recruit on people. 8)
Just let me correct you on a few points Quinny.

Firstly, Rleague shut it's doors due to legal threats and we were already in operation and we spammed no one to come across to LU. We were the only remaining forum so it left everyone with little choice.

Secondly, after reading some of the **** on here, you guys most definitely see yourselves as the competition and I'm not in the business of giving people a free kick at my expense, hence all links to this forum on LU have been removed as will any attempt to add this site as a link in your individual sig file.

What irks me the most is we are still good enough for your other areas of conversation such as wrestling and the forum sevens, but we are bastards when it comes to the Raiders.

Can anyone else see the hypocrisy here?
people will continue to post at LU raiders section, the kennel/wall and many others operate yet members still post in their clubs respecitve forums.

I think you guys are over reacting a lot here, as said i had hoped we could work in harmony but it appears that might not be possible.
Im happy to help promote LU as a place for league fans of any colour (team wise) can talk footy and a load of other things and i had hoped you guys would help promote us a raiders only board.

You guys provide a great service and i hope that we can provide a service on a lesser scale to raiders fans, including you legend, you are more than welcome to continue posting your veiws here.

We are not competition, we are allies in promoting the game and in this forum the mighty raiders.

I cant see where the problem lies.
Last edited by Nick on January 9, 2005, 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paulquinn49
Brett Mullins

Post by paulquinn49 »

haha professional 69 is funny as, well done nick.

Legend I dont think we are in competition (i have to stop spelling that, too hard). I like having the option of saying things without some other teams supporters coming in and pissing me off.

Plus the moderators here are Raiders fans. Plus Madunit **** me to tears and he gets away with it for some reason.

forums sevens was an idea which came from rleague i read the other day aswell.

Oh and finally, thanks for responding to my PM the other day Legend.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

:welcome over here Legend.
Sasha
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Woodgers

Post by Sasha »

We arn't about to go on a recuitment drive scouting the country for members :?

Also there are other forums besides Rleague and leagueunlimited, Leaguetalk.com is another forum that has been around for quiet some time (since start of 2003 season, although not quiet as big, has about 1200 members from memory) :?

I only came across LU when I starting searching for other Raiders forums because leaguetalk (which I've been apart of for some time) didn't have that many raiders fans in there.

I can't see how our humble little forum will even come close to forming any competition as our target audience is a lot less smaller as it only really focuses on 1 club.
IBG
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by IBG »

I think legend is just referring to the threads where members have said "So and so, everyone's going here, post there" and "The polls are now on the other site", things like that.

LU has no problem promoting these forums as there has been a sticky made available including the URL, I just think legend and co. don't want the address spammed on every thread, which is understandable.

Anyway, I'm here. Rejoice, or something.
Sasha
Laurie Daley

Post by Sasha »

IBG wrote:
Anyway, I'm here. Rejoice, or something.
will this do

:welcome
tonio
David Furner

Post by tonio »

I think we should name this place.

Seeing as the dogs have the kennel, the roosters have the wall...what can we call our "home"

I reckon something like Northbourne Ave would sound cool? :D

You'll Never Walk Alone!
llab yob
Brett Mullins

Post by llab yob »

that sounds so gay 2005
tonio
David Furner

Post by tonio »

Well have you got a better idea einstein? :roll:

You'll Never Walk Alone!
legend
Simon Woolford

Post by legend »

Actually, IBG, I have removed all links in both the Raiders forum and the links forum as a result of what has been said about LU on this forum.

If the LU Raiders forum has to start from scratch again then so be it. It provides LU with a great challenge for season 2005.

I find it odd that LU is the place to talk wrestling and the forum sevens, but we aren't good enough to have the Raiders forum???

If people find this place through their own means, all well and good, but from where I sit, LU has already been used to remove an entire team forum en masse.
llab yob
Brett Mullins

Post by llab yob »

ill think off one 2005 and get back 2 u
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

The bottom line here is our conversations won't be hijacked by opposition supporters here. While this is not the fault of admin at LU, it is a constant trend. If I meet a fan of any NRL club I'll still be directing them towards LU, it is still the number one forum on the internet for the NRL. I just get sick of reading some bitter West Tigers supporter come in and ridicule everything we say in the NRL forum and even on occasion in the Canberra Forum. No hard feelings from this side of the Tasman, Legend.
IBG
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by IBG »

Ed I understand your frustration but that is the NRL forum, not the Raiders forum... you don't have to visit the NRL forum. The Raiders forum is controlled as best as possible within the rules in regards to trolls. But anyway this argument has been done to death so we'll just agree to disagree. :lol:
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

my point is no one here is forbidden to talk footy in the raiders section of LU, i encourage it, the same way topics are recycled at other places.

i can honestly see no problem, LU is great and so hopefully will this place, and come the season good and proper im sure both areas will flurish with posting as it always does.

I have posted in the raiders forum today, as have other and i will continue to do so, probably not as much but hey its off season, once season or at least trials gets into the swing there will be more to talk about.

At the moment the hottest topic is SBW going to canberra for gods sake, a pipe dream if ever i saw one.

Legend id really like us to move past this whole us V LU thing, i dont think its needed, we are never going to nor do we want or intend tp rival LU as a board, we are a small fish in a very big pond, you guys are without doubt the great whites.
Last edited by Nick on January 9, 2005, 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Which is why the address sticky got deleted IBG?
legend
Simon Woolford

Post by legend »

You still don't get it. How can both board flourish when the same discussions will appear on both boards? It's either one or the other and personally, I don't expect any favours from anyone.

Like I said, I hope it all goes well but next time, use another method to get your members.

There is too much animosity from some here for me to ever think the intentions were anything but honest.
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

legend wrote:You still don't get it. How can both board flourish when the same discussions will appear on both boards? It's either one or the other and personally, I don't expect any favours from anyone.

Like I said, I hope it all goes well but next time, use another method to get your members.

There is too much animosity from some here for me to ever think the intentions were anything but honest.
i dont think thats the case, because there will be some users here that arnt at LU, some at LU that arnt here and some who go to both
so the discussions will take different turns, estentially they will be the same topics but the discussion will be anything but.

I honestly think if we both have the right attitude toward it we can both operate successfully in harmony. Im willing to meet you blokes half way but you dont see to want to do that.
Sasha
Laurie Daley

Post by Sasha »

Raiders 2005 wrote:I think we should name this place.

Seeing as the dogs have the kennel, the roosters have the wall...what can we call our "home"

I reckon something like Northbourne Ave would sound cool? :D
Lake Ginninderra

Schif's Shack :S
legend
Simon Woolford

Post by legend »

And how would that work 69? We put up a links thread so every new Raiders member to LU automatically comes across here? I don't think so. It's not about choice. It's about hard work and I'll be damned if I'll let you ride LU's coat tails and make this site a success off our back. If you manage to do it on your own, then I will congratulate you with full sincerity.

How are you trying to meet us halfway? You want the link on LU so you guys can be the beneficiary of the hard work the people at LU put in. Correct me if I'm wrong, but where does LU stand to gain from any of this?

The only thing I see is a potential vacuum at LU if we meet you "half way".

That sound fair to you R69 and Greeneyed???
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

legend wrote:And how would that work 69? We put up a links thread so every new Raiders member to LU automatically comes across here? I don't think so. It's not about choice. It's about hard work and I'll be damned if I'll let you ride LU's coat tails and make this site a success off our back. If you manage to do it on your own, then I will congratulate you with full sincerity.

How are you trying to meet us halfway? You want the link on LU so you guys can be the beneficiary of the hard work the people at LU put in. Correct me if I'm wrong, but where does LU stand to gain from any of this?

The only thing I see is a potential vacuum at LU if we meet you "half way".

That sound fair to you R69 and Greeneyed???
I have never said i want a link on the main page or anything, one simple thread like i had in the links forum, as it were intended. Like some many have before me, are they also riding LU's success coat tails? I just want to put this sillyness behind us and move on

I am seeing your point Legend and i understand it, but this mini fued is stupid, we can get along. We wont use your site for recruiting, i have alarted everyone on this board that any of that sort of thing is not condoned.

I am trying to do all in my power to end this fued so we can get along. Your right LU dont stand to gain anything but they certainally wont lose anything, your whole mentality seems to be based of that fact that we are competition, i dont see it that way.

We both provide very different services and i hope that im not the only one that intends on using both.
legend
Simon Woolford

Post by legend »

No links. Period.

We've dealt with spammers many times before by removing their links from the links forum, pm access and sig files. You guys are no different. The only difference is I'm a Raiders fan and the site owner so I have a vested interest in seeing the Raiders forum thrive and by advertising this forum in any way, shape or form, that is going to detract from what LU is trying to achieve.

I can't make it any clearer than that.
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

legend wrote:No links. Period.

We've dealt with spammers many times before by removing their links from the links forum, pm access and sig files. You guys are no different. The only difference is I'm a Raiders fan and the site owner so I have a vested interest in seeing the Raiders forum thrive and by advertising this forum in any way, shape or form, that is going to detract from what LU is trying to achieve.

I can't make it any clearer than that.
ok fair enough
thats your stance and we are going to have to respect that.
I hope with this we can put this behind us and end the tension

no matter what the differences remember we can all take light in the fact we are smart enough to follow the raiders :D
paulquinn49
Brett Mullins

Post by paulquinn49 »

Legend, we arent spamming LU with this forum.

We dont need or want a link from LU, You shouldnt get so worked up.

I dont mind if you wanna post here aswell, but this argueing thing is getting boring. If you want to post, post about the Canberra Raiders as this is a forum for them.
legend
Simon Woolford

Post by legend »

You wont here another word from me about this issue unless someone is caught spamming on LU.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

These are just forums for the fans, aren't they? We are just ordinary fans wanting to talk to eachother, in a bit of peace from other trolling club fans.

And here we can do it, and all Raiders fans are welcome. You too of course Legend. I just love talking Raiders to Raiders fans. That's all I care about.
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

Thank you legend, i appreciate that you have vested intrestest with Leageu Unlimited, i acknowledge that you dont wish the board to be spamed with this site and i will do all in my power to ensure this dosnt happen. We will be an honest toiler and would love to see you here ever now and again posting your veiws here if a topic interests you.

I hope this ends the tension between us and we can move on and have many langthy discussions revolving the mighty raiders.

This is for all raiders fans, it is the one and only prerequisite.
WE'RE BAD AND MEAN

Cheers
Raider_69

this thread will now be locked
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

to me, all i want is somewhere i can talk to my fellow Raiders fans. at this stage, this forum offers me much more than LU does. i actually think that the mods are pig headed in that they dont let us have a social thread during the footy season etc. and i can understand the reasons for this! you guys (at LU) have a whole massive forum to run. because this one is solely for Raiders fans, we can do things our own way a bit more. and i like it that way.
legend
Simon Woolford

Post by legend »

I have never said i want a link on the main page or anything, one simple thread like i had in the links forum, as it were intended.
Then why did Raider 69, the admin of this forum ask for the link back?

No thanks Greeneyed. I'm happy at LU. This is the sort of crap I can do without:
Which is why the address sticky got deleted IBG?
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

legend wrote:
I have never said i want a link on the main page or anything, one simple thread like i had in the links forum, as it were intended.
Then why did Raider 69, the admin of this forum ask for the link back?
i asked for that thread because i thought that what the links page was for, i am understanding of your position and wish to end this now, the problem is resolved as far as im concerned so this thread is locked.