2021 NRL Finals Wk 1: Teams and Game Day

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

BJ
Steve Walters

Re: 2021 NRL Finals Wk 1: Teams and Game Day

Post by BJ »

Botman wrote:
Botman wrote: September 12, 2021, 6:09 pm
BJ wrote: September 12, 2021, 5:59 pm I reckon Papa was a bigger chance of scoring a try it Cronk hadn’t tackled him early in the Grand Final than the Parra player just then.
The burden for what is given a penalty try has changed in that period.
FWIW i think if that incident happened now, they'd have strongly considered a penalty try and imo, likely given it
Agree. But I think the burden has changed in the last 24 hours let alone 24 months. Image
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

BJ wrote: September 12, 2021, 6:25 pm
Botman wrote:
BJ wrote: September 12, 2021, 5:59 pm I reckon Papa was a bigger chance of scoring a try it Cronk hadn’t tackled him early in the Grand Final than the Parra player just then.
FWIW i think if that incident happened now, they'd have strongly considered a penalty try and imo, likely given it
Agree. But I think the burden has changed in the last 24 hours let alone 24 months. Image
:lol: yeah that's fair too
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

BJ wrote:
Botman wrote:
I think this is closer to the mark. Not convinced there’s been a big shift in penalty try rulings in the following 2 years. It’s just a lottery.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

I’d rather see more penalty tries when someone interferes with the attacker in a try scoring situation. I’m sick if defenders taking the gamble and spoiling the play. I want to see tries scored or not scored fairly and squarely.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Yes it is a bit of a lottery but as they noted today Ponga over ran the ball so wasn't in the vicinity. From what I can tell that is the key factor - whether a defender is in the area, they consider that player is a chance of breaking down the play.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Teams 7 and 8 eliminated in the first weekend of finals footy. Although the Raiders are not playing, I have enjoyed every match. Some really tough defence from RCG today. One hit on Frizzell absolutely bent him in half and perfectly legal. The Bennett spat with Ivan Cleary adding some spice. Chooks v Manly and Parramatta v Penrith next weekend. Souths and Storm sitting back and watching their next opposition batter each other. I can't wait for next weekend.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

RedRaider wrote:Teams 7 and 8 eliminated in the first weekend of finals footy. Although the Raiders are not playing, I have enjoyed every match. Some really tough defence from RCG today. One hit on Frizzell absolutely bent him in half and perfectly legal. The Bennett spat with Ivan Cleary adding some spice. Chooks v Manly and Parramatta v Penrith next weekend. Souths and Storm sitting back and watching their next opposition batter each other. I can't wait for next weekend.
I can’t wait until Team List Tuesday, whenever it is
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I don’t think Parra will advance any further in this finals series.

But they did finish the Knoughts and for that I thank you.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock: