2021 NRL Round 16: Teams and Game Day

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

the bone
John Ferguson

Re: 2021 NRL Round 16: Teams and Game Day

Post by the bone »

Saturday winners: 148
Saturday losers: 6
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Ben Cummins is such a **** referee even the bunker had to rule on a forward pass he let go

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Makaveli wrote: July 4, 2021, 2:13 pm Ben Cummins is such a **** referee even the bunker had to rule on a forward pass he let go

Makaveli wrote: July 4, 2021, 2:13 pm Ben Cummins is such a **** referee even the bunker had to rule on a forward pass he let go

Worst ref since the grasshopper. I can’t wait until he puts the whistle away- then we can hear his explanation for the 2019 gf. Very interested to hear his excuse!
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

the bone wrote: July 4, 2021, 3:35 am Saturday winners: 148
Saturday losers: 6
Raiders scored the 6 points. :thumbsup
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

**** I hate Tyson Gamble. He just looks like the biggest ****. Perfect fit for the Broncos
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Adam Reynolds was too busy thinking about his post try celebration and ran the ball dead

BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Soccer is the most popular sport in the world because scoring is a challenge and on average, games are close.

Rugby league at the moment is hardly a tough and challenging sport for the team on top.

I don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed watching non Raiders games LESS than I do at the moment.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

BJ wrote: July 4, 2021, 4:42 pm Soccer is the most popular sport in the world because scoring is a challenge and on average, games are close.

Rugby league at the moment is hardly a tough and challenging sport for the team on top.

I don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed watching non Raiders games LESS than I do at the moment.
Absolutely. I haven’t watched one this weekend, apart from the Raiders. And that was a debacle.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Are the NRL ratings down?
I'd legit pay my mortgage off if i had a dollar for every person who is saying they're switching off on games.

Im very curious to know how legit this is... if this chatter is even 10% true the ratings should be plummeting
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Botman wrote:Are the NRL ratings down?
I'd legit pay my mortgage off if i had a dollar for every person who is saying they're switching off on games.

Im very curious to know how legit this is... if this chatter is even 10% true the ratings should be plummeting
I think they are down a little on last year but that was me just taking a quick look and not giving it too much thought or analysis.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

They're much of a muchness on last year, but that's peak figures.

They don't record segment figures, so I imagine the viewership after 60 mins is well down on previous years

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Crash Ball
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Crash Ball »

Hard to say with Kayo but there is a downward trend. Super Saturday is down about 10% on the same 6 weeks last year. The 7.30 game hasn't cracked 275k in over a month but it cracked 300k regularly last year.

I noticed the pregame is also outrating the games some weekends, which I don't recall really happened in the past.
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

BJ wrote: July 4, 2021, 4:42 pm Soccer is the most popular sport in the world because scoring is a challenge and on average, games are close.

The games might be close but soccer is so frustrating to watch. It’s like watching netball, but they use their feet to pass it to each other. And you sit through it for 90 mins for someone to fluke a win 1-0 off a pathetic fake injury dive penalty. Enthralling stuff.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.